Twitterly dee dee dum dum ...

Zorral

This Is What It Looks Like When Twitter Falls Apart

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2022/12/elon-musk-twitter-ceo-billionaire-social-media/672542/

.... David Karpf: There is a deeply baked ideology of the internet going back to the ’90s, a sort of West Coast ideal that engineers and entrepreneurs, particularly around Silicon Valley, are the modern heroes of society. They are innovating and building a better world. They’re the good guys. The bad guys are the old industries and the regulators who get in the way.

And these innovator-inventor heroes are the ones who are paving the way to a new and better world, because they’re such incredible geniuses. But the hero has to overcome resistance, and what we should do is cheer for him because of his genius and his brilliance. And 10 years ago, Elon Musk was the archetype of that story. He was really treated as the guy who is going to kind of save the world, between his electric cars and his rockets.

There’s a lot of problems with that story. But the most basic problem is that it’s utter horseshit. And what I hope comes out of this episode is that this becomes a cautionary tale that these people aren’t genius heroes. Turns out that Elon Musk is really bad at running Twitter, because he isn’t that special.

I hope that the cautionary tale of Twitter is to stop putting your faith in the mythology of the founder geniuses, because they ain’t that special. That’s not what’s going to save the world. ....

18 minutes ago, Zorral said:

That righter is write. Elon and his ilk won't save you because they aren't heroes. 

I AM

And I could begin saving YOU right NOW! 

Hi, I'm YOUR HERO and when my Daddy first started saving he told me that it's not about HOW MANY you save or WHERE you save them from.

"Her-O", my Daddy would say, "Her-O the only thing that really matters, when it comes to saving... how much?"

That's how Daddy did it, that's how I do it. So if you need saving call my computer-operated line at 1-800-GET-STOL.

Dialing charge -$15

Computer response charge -$33 per response

Self-description of problem needed saving -$55 per vowel

Computer generated solution to problem - $1,500 per process (Note: due to high volume of problems and limited computer memory additional processes may be required to formulate appropriate problem-response, no refunds) 

#MakingTheWorldBetter

#You'reWelcome

#I'mAGenius

#Scammin'

2 hours ago, Fire and Jace said:

That righter is write. Elon and his ilk won't save you because they aren't heroes. 

I AM

And I could begin saving YOU right NOW! 

Hi, I'm YOUR HERO and when my Daddy first started saving he told me that it's not about HOW MANY you save or WHERE you save them from.

"Her-O", my Daddy would say, "Her-O the only thing that really matters, when it comes to saving... how much?"

That's how Daddy did it, that's how I do it. So if you need saving call my computer-operated line at 1-800-GET-STOL.

Dialing charge -$15

Computer response charge -$33 per response

Self-description of problem needed saving -$55 per vowel

Computer generated solution to problem - $1,500 per process (Note: due to high volume of problems and limited computer memory additional processes may be required to formulate appropriate problem-response, no refunds) 

#MakingTheWorldBetter

#You'reWelcome

#I'mAGenius

#Scammin'

Ha. You don’t save the world because you haven’t been paid enough yet?

I don’t save the world because I’m lazy. 

16 minutes ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Also scared of spiders.             :leaving:

Just now, A True Kaniggit said:

Spiders (after a certain  size) are terrifying.

It is well know I will not confront them without being extremely intoxicated.

Drunken penguin chasing spiders.  Nightmare fuel.

1 hour ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

Huh I wonder what kinda super hero this could be .

1 hour ago, A True Kaniggit said:

1 hour ago, LongRider said:

Also scared of spiders.             /cdn-cgi/mirage/3147f740a2a3662aaaf85ff234cb03121a827026dfcb102b5b0e28261491ae61/1280/https://asoiaf.westeros.org/uploads/emoticons/default_leaving.gif

1 hour ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Spiders (after a certain  size) are terrifying.

It is well know I will not confront them without being extremely intoxicated.

When I was six years old my father got me and my brothers and sister (I don't actually have brothers) together and made us swear a blood oath to live in peace with no spider and to always be an enemy of Rome.

8 minutes ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Wait. That doesn’t square with your blind loyalty to the Byzantine Empire. 

Blood traitor. 

Blood don't pay bills, playa

Not unlike a Republican, my loyalty is never for sale - but it is always for rent.

14 minutes ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Wait. That doesn’t square with your blind loyalty to the Byzantine Empire. 

Blood traitor. 

29 minutes ago, Fire and Jace said:

When I was six years old my father got me and my brothers and sister (I don't actually have brothers) together and made us swear a blood oath to live in peace with no spider and to always be an enemy of Rome.

Inzadi Apart, is a character in my book [wip] that's a gender flipped Hannibal. 

Might tweak and base her off Jace instead.

1 minute ago, JGP said:

Inzadi Apart, is a character in my book [wip] that's a gender flipped Hannibal. 

Might her and base her off Jace instead.

Hannibal? Ok, I like GEnerAls who don't lose Afrika (You know Donald spells Africa like a German, just for reasons[lol, who am I kidding, we all know Donald couldn't spell "spell"]). You take twenty years to be LOSer, I don't need you, Ok?

19 minutes ago, The Anti-Targ said:

Through no fault of Tesla, but probably a better reflection of its true value.

I mean, they suck at getting you the car you ordered on time and have always been bad at it, so yeah, kind of their fault too. This company should have never become as valuable as it has.

43 minutes ago, Fire and Jace said:

Hannibal? Ok, I like GEnerAls who don't lose Afrika (You know Donald spells Africa like a German, just for reasons[lol, who am I kidding, we all know Donald couldn't spell "spell"]). You take twenty years to be LOSer, I don't need you, Ok?

Inzadi hides her smile beneath the surface for a moment and from the portable tub in her field tent then spits bathwater at Jace. 

'You suck.'

Archived