Twitterly dee dee dum dum ...

Zorral

So I was at a late holiday gathering last night, one of the host's friends is on the tech equity analyst side.  I asked him when to buy TSLA because it was down about 2/3rds this year.  He said wait til 100.  I said does that really matter if the stock is at least going back to half it's former value?  Didn't buy any in time obv but up about 8% today.  Not a recommendation but in the medium term if youre bullish on EVs maybe look. 

In the long term unless we go heavy into fission or kill off 4/5 of the population, we're not going to be able to power EVs for everyone.  There are science deniers and science deniers but thermodynamics wins out.  Fission for affordable plentiful energy for all or rationing and selective liquidation.  Vote hard for your personal favorite.  

I suspect that the people that say Twitter was always a boondoggle financially speaking are correct.  Twitter is  a cut out for our spy agencies to shepherd our consensus towards pro establishment outcomes.

What’s Gone at Twitter? A Data Center, Janitors, Some Toilet Paper.
Elon Musk has reduced the company to a bare-bones operation, and employees are under a “zero-based budgeting” mandate to justify any spending

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/12/29/technology/twitter-elon-musk.html

It is now literally stinking to work at Twitter now.

.... Last week, Twitter got rid of the cleaning staff at its New York offices and 10 people from corporate security, signaling that it may close one of its two buildings there, said two people familiar with the move.

At Twitter’s San Francisco headquarters, where the company has missed rent payments, Mr. Musk has done the same, consolidating workers onto two floors and closing four. He also canceled janitorial services this month, after those workers went on strike for better wages.

That has left the office in disarray. With people packed into more confined spaces, the smell of leftover takeout food and body odor has lingered on the floors, according to four current and former employees. Bathrooms have grown dirty, these people said. And because janitorial services have largely been ended, some workers have resorted to bringing their own rolls of toilet paper from home. ...,.

Of all the new social media sites experiencing a boom of former Twitter users, my favorite has been Post. I really hope it does well. Right now it seems to be mostly reporter and political junkie types, would love to see a wider variety of content. But it could just be my current very limited following list is biased because it's mostly based off suggestions written by...journalists...

On 12/29/2022 at 12:34 PM, JGP said:

... Space Karen got his first margin call on the Twitter loan, so... things are going well.

On 12/29/2022 at 1:00 PM, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Is Space Karen going to be able to cover it?

JGP, et al. -- nah, it's irrelevant; there's no margin loan, and thus no margin call. Although considered initially, Elon decided against it.

Background. The journalist (Allen Root, Barron's) who made the original claim was wrong, effectively spreading a wild rumor. After being eviscerated under the sacred disinfecting light that Twitter provides, Al was compelled to admit his "error" and corrected the article. Elon responded with his usual fatherly grace, forgiving the inexperienced journalist's faux pas.

On 12/30/2022 at 12:43 AM, mcbigski said:

So I was at a late holiday gathering last night, one of the host's friends is on the tech equity analyst side.  I asked him when to buy TSLA because it was down about 2/3rds this year.  He said wait til 100.  I said does that really matter if the stock is at least going back to half it's former value?  Didn't buy any in time obv but up about 8% today.  Not a recommendation but in the medium term if youre bullish on EVs maybe look. 

I would worry about that favorite saying in the industry, “Never catch a falling knife”.

3 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

I would worry about that favorite saying in the industry, “Never catch a falling knife”.

Or even a dead cat bounces. Nothing fundamentally changed in the time period when Tesla’s stock went down to 106 and shot back up to 123.

im no expert but I’d wait a bit longer for a bounce investing before investing in if I didn’t hate musk.

On 12/30/2022 at 3:50 PM, Zorral said:

What’s Gone at Twitter? A Data Center, Janitors, Some Toilet Paper.
Elon Musk has reduced the company to a bare-bones operation, and employees are under a “zero-based budgeting” mandate to justify any spending

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/12/29/technology/twitter-elon-musk.html

It is now literally stinking to work at Twitter now.

Oh this is a vehicle for making the remaining of his employees sick 

Elon Musk Seeks Venue Change In Shareholder Class Action, Cites Likely “Local Negativity” In San Francisco Jurors

https://deadline.com/2023/01/elon-musk-seeks-venue-change-in-shareholder-class-action-1235214196/

.... A federal judge is mulling the motion. Musk and other Tesla board members are confronting a lawsuit that claims he manipulated Tesla’s stock in 2018. That was when he tweeted he was taking the company private at $420 per share and had “funding secured” to do so. The “420” was considered to be a joking reference to a time associated with marijuana smoking.

The stock soared on the tweet, then seesawed for weeks.

In 2018, Musk lived in California and Tesla was headquartered in Palo Alto, Calif. Musk moved his residence to Texas in 2020, and Tesla relocated its headquarters to Austin in 2021.

Last year, Northern California Senior District Judge Edward M. Chen, who is overseeing the trial, ruled that Musk’s statements in 2018 were false and that he tweeted them knowingly. The trial would determine whether the tweets mattered to shareholders, if and how Tesla’s share price as affected, and whether the company or its directors should be held liable and pay damages.

In the motion to change venue, attorneys argued Musk’s Twitter takeover has generated negative publicity, potentially compromising a jury pool in the Bay Area. ....

Battle to dethrone Tesla heats up just as Musk is distracted by Twitter
Ford, Kia, Chevrolet and Hyundai are beginning to chip away at Tesla’s hold on the U.S. electric-vehicle market

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2023/01/08/tesla-rivals-market-share/

.... Concerns about weakening demand for Tesla, especially in China, the company’s second-biggest market, have contributed to a nearly 70 percent drop in the company’s share price over the past year, which has left some investors howling over what they perceive as their missing-in-action CEO. Tesla last month offered price cuts in the United States to juice demand, and, this month, it slashed prices in China for the second time as competition there mounts. But analysts say Musk needs to do more to stabilize the automaker.

“Musk must take a more hands on approach in 2023 at the company as the Twitter distraction along with this current demand situation is creating a perfect storm for the stock,” analysts at Wedbush Securities wrote in a report in the past week. ....

Edited by Zorral

FFS.

I love how all the left and activist type accounts that've been spam-banned remain so. I have scrappy Trans friend on the east coast that still hasn't had their account reinstated, but if they were a mis and disinfo spewing hate monger they'd probably be back already. 

Elon is working on message fonts (in bold and italics), which is pretty cool. And if you rely on a voice reader, it’ll read the text using a generic, aggressive American accent when the text is BOLD; and sexy Italian when reading ITALICS.

Elon Musk might have tweeted himself into hot water — again — with a regulator

https://www.businessinsider.com/elon-musk-tweet-tesla-fsd-steering-wheel-nag-feature-nhtsa-2023-1

.... A US agency is examining a tweet from Elon Musk about possibly disabling a driver-monitoring feature.
Tesla's FSD has a feature that reminds beta testers to apply pressure to the steering wheel.
The NHTSA said it's reviewing the tweet as part of its investigation into at least Tesla crashes.

Associated Press was the first to report that the NHTSA reached out to Tesla for more information about the CEO's tweet. The federal regulator said the tweet is part of a larger investigation into at least 14 Teslas that have crashed into emergency vehicles while Autopilot was in use, per AP. ....

22 hours ago, Wade1865 said:

Elon is working on message fonts (in bold and italics), which is pretty cool. And if you rely on a voice reader, it’ll read the text using a generic, aggressive American accent when the text is BOLD; and sexy Italian when reading ITALICS.

"... [sic] screamed with laughter and clapped her hands."

4 hours ago, Spockydog said:

Not in a million years would I sit in a Tesla, or any other kind of car, in full self-drive mode.

Everything is  f i n e, fine.