Twitterly dee dee dum dum ...

Zorral

Medieval trivia of the day: it's 'poll-axe', as in 'axe head', not 'pole-axe' as in 'axe on a pole'. One of the few surviving uses of 'poll' for 'head', along with opinion polls, poll taxes and so on. 

15 hours ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Nuh uh. I googled it. So there.

Yeah, pole-axe is now an accepted and acceptable usage in the same way that 'chain mail' or 'heater shield' or indeed 'pea' are. But all of these are modern versions of the original terms, mostly based on later misunderstandings.

Seriously getting off topic though. So back to Elon's misadventures.

• 3 weeks later...

Tax dodge baby. Elon won't be paying tax for almost the rest of his life having taken that much of a hit with the devaluation of Twitter. Not, perhaps, that he would have paid all that much tax (relative to his wealth) between when he immigrated to the USA up to the day he bought Twitter.

8 minutes ago, The Anti-Targ said:

Tax dodge baby. Elon won't be paying tax for almost the rest of his life having taken that much of a hit with the devaluation of Twitter. Not, perhaps, that he would have paid all that much tax (relative to his wealth) between when he immigrated to the USA up to the day he bought Twitter.

I was under the impression that he received a massive amount of money from the state. Isn't that his business model?

9 hours ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

I have a stupid question… I was blocked by Kari Lake… why does her shit still show up on my Twitter feed?  I just can’t comment on it…

It is not really a stupid question. Because it might be very difficult to tell whether it is down to Musk deliberately favouring right wingers or is just another symptom of Twitter slowly falling apart.

There’s an old joke about a rabbi liking to read about what the Nazis thought of Jews. Because if you believed the nazis propaganda the Jews were almost mystical force that was able to control the world.

I genuinely do wish trans people actually had as much political protection as people screaming about them think they do.

The only reason for that decision is to try to get more people to pay for the blue tick. Obviously not enough people are ponying up the $8/month to keep Elon in the manner to which he was accustomed (prior to buying Twitter).

Archived