I’m Genuinely Curious…

King_Tristifer_IV_Mudd

What is with all these Stark haters on here? It’s not even if the vein of “I find their chapters to be boring.” It’s just straight up malicious BS and complete lies and mischaracterizations. I feel like it’s just a mass trolling effort on the part of multiple people, or that one or two guys have created multiple profiles just to troll.

And these people also seem to always be massive Dany fans. It’s truly absurd, the things they say.

People like to identify with winners.  And the Starks just keep on losing.  And 25 years is a long time to wait for the other foot to drop.  So the Stark fans have drifted away.

And we have only 3 Stark PoVs left:  Sansa, Arya, and Jon.   Sansa was traditionally hated by Stark fans, for being as they saw it a traitor to the Starks.  Arya has become a monster.  And Jon just got (apparently) stabbed to death.

Edit:  I forgot about Bran.  Well, he ate Jojen and turned into a tree.

12 minutes ago, Gilbert Green said:

People like to identify with winners.  And the Starks just keep on losing.  And 25 years is a long time to wait for the other foot to drop.  So the Stark fans have drifted away.

And we have only 3 Stark PoVs left:  Sansa, Arya, and Jon.   Sansa was traditionally hated by Stark fans, for being as they saw it a traitor to the Starks.  Arya has become a monster.  And Jon just got (apparently) stabbed to death.

See I could see that, but I find it highly unlikely that the Stark line goes extinct by the end. I fully expect Rickon, Jon, or Sansa to be Lord or King/Queen of the North at the end of the story. 

16 minutes ago, KingEuronGreyjoy said:

See I could see that, but I find it highly unlikely that the Stark line goes extinct by the end. I fully expect Rickon, Jon, or Sansa to be Lord or King/Queen of the North at the end of the story. 

I'm not predicting how the series will end.  I'm just saying, for example, that 25 years (and counting) is a long time to wait for the other foot to drop.  People expect adversity in stories.  They know that it is always darkest before the dawn ,and all that.  But 25+ years is still a long time to wait.   And it is only a story.  So they have drifted away.  Meanwhile, the Dany fans and the Jaime fans remain. 

1 hour ago, KingEuronGreyjoy said:

What is with all these Stark haters on here? It’s not even if the vein of “I find their chapters to be boring.” It’s just straight up malicious BS and complete lies and mischaracterizations. I feel like it’s just a mass trolling effort on the part of multiple people, or that one or two guys have created multiple profiles just to troll.

And these people also seem to always be massive Dany fans. It’s truly absurd, the things they say.

You'll get used to it, don't worry. 

Mods these trolls are scaring away genuine folks, itoluso

2 hours ago, KingEuronGreyjoy said:

Good question.  I joined this forum just a few months ago, but I occasionally lurked for a couple years before that.  My main hesitation in joining was this non-sense.  This forum should be "fun", and arguing against some of these ridiculous repetitive postings is not fun.  It is fine to disagree... but this isn't about disagreement.

There are obviously a few duplicate accounts, but I think most are separate individuals.  There are several usernames that have identical writing techniques with the same half-sentences, the same misspellings of common names, and the general use of the term "White Walkers" instead of "Others".  Yes, the Free Folk (and Old Nan) do call them "White Walkers"... but for a fan base that generally hates all "Wildlings" for being savages, it's odd that they would adopt their terminology.  (Unless of course their terminology is based on a source other than the books... which I think is the case.)

I didn't lurk until after the completion of the "alternative telling" of the story, and I wonder how things were before then.  I suspect half of these Stark-hating fans haven't even read the books, and these posting about what "will" happen is a fan-fiction head-canon to alleviate their disappointment in that alternate telling.  I don't know how the Stark-haters could even get through the first book: 6 out of the 8 POV characters were Starks.  Muddling through countless chapters they claim to hate just to get to some Daenerys chapters interspersed throughout seems like an epic waste of time to me.  And if they skip all the Stark chapters, why do these "fans" hate them so much?

Obviously there is nothing wrong with being a Daenerys Targaryen fan.  I am not one of them, but this forum would make me embarrassed to be one if I was.  Being a fan of Daenerys or preferring her over the Starks isn't what the widespread toxicity in this forum is, however.  I posted on the "Sansa is poisoning Sweetrobin" thread because you could legitimately interpret the text to think that is what she is doing (I disagree), but the countless "Bowen Marsh is a hero" and similar threads are just plain ludicrous and I generally don't post in them.

I really think it's one person. I've noticed a pattern where one account will post on all the relevant threads, then the next night or day another account. They all say the same things in the same manner with the same font, spacing and flow of writing. They all ignore posts that point out they are wrong. I don't think two are ever active at the same time. 

As to why someone would do that, I have no idea. They must be very bored.

1 minute ago, StarkTullies said:

Good question.  I joined this forum just a few months ago, but I occasionally lurked for a couple years before that.  My main hesitation in joining was this non-sense.  This forum should be "fun", and arguing against some of these ridiculous repetitive postings is not fun.  It is fine to disagree... but this isn't about disagreement.

There are obviously a few duplicate accounts, but I think most are separate individuals.  There are several usernames that have identical writing techniques with the same half-sentences, the same misspellings of common names, and the general use of the term "White Walkers" instead of "Others".  Yes, the Free Folk (and Old Nan) do call them "White Walkers"... but for a fan base that generally hates all "Wildlings" for being savages, it's odd that they would adopt their terminology.  (Unless of course their terminology is based on a source other than the books... which I think is the case.)

I didn't lurk until after the completion of the "alternative telling" of the story, and I wonder how things were before then.  I suspect half of these Stark-hating fans haven't even read the books, and these posting about what "will" happen is a fan-fiction head-canon to alleviate their disappointment in that alternate telling.  I don't know how the Stark-haters could even get through the first book: 6 out of the 8 POV characters were Starks.  Muddling through countless chapters they claim to hate just to get to some Daenerys chapters interspersed throughout seems like an epic waste of time to me.  And if they skip all the Stark chapters, why do these "fans" hate them so much?

Obviously there is nothing wrong with being a Daenerys Targaryen fan.  I am not one of them, but this forum would make me embarrassed to be one if I was.  Being a fan of Daenerys or preferring her over the Starks isn't what the widespread toxicity in this forum is, however.  I posted on the "Sansa is poisoning Sweetrobin" thread because you could legitimately interpret the text to think that is what she is doing (I disagree), but the countless "Bowen Marsh is a hero" and similar threads are just plain ludicrous and I generally don't post in them.

Nope, I think I've started writing in the forums in 2014 or 2015 with a few months of lurking before that and they were here when I first came -Man you should've seen the forum then! Everyone was Daario who was actually Benjen and every other fat fella was actually a mermen- since I wasn't around much at the time the abomination died I can't tell if there's been a surge of activity at that time but Dany Loving Stark(Jon especially) haters were around long before that. Legend is, they've existed long before first draft's first letter was ever tpyed and that they've been lurking in the shadows of the dark cold beyond the wall for thousands of years, waiting for the right oppurtunity to bring the new long night.

2 hours ago, Gilbert Green said:

Since I'm a new member, I can't speak for the former posters who were Stark fans and aren't here anymore, but I don't think this is the case.  26 years is a long time for anybody, whether you are a fan of the Starks, Daenerys, "Stannis the Mannis", or whoever.  That said, I didn't read the books until 2018, so I've "only" been waiting for the next book to come out for 4 1/2 years.

But 4 of the 6 main characters are Starks.  Sure, Jon is dead, but he won't be for long.  I don't think they will all have a triumphant happy ending, but I do think they will rise again.  I think it is obvious to most readers that the Starks won't be losing forever, so I don't think this would cause the Stark fans to drift away more than anyone else.

The threads started by Stark-haters are just whatever; they are easy to ignore.  It is much more annoying when the same few posters hijack other threads which aren't about that, only to continue the unbased claims that Jon will lead the Others to destroy humanity, Bran is the Lord of Darkness, Sansa is a betrayer of all things, and Arya is the most malevolent killer there ever was... recycled on repeat again and again (and again).

6 minutes ago, Corvo the Crow said:

Nope, I think I've started writing in the forums in 2014 or 2015 with a few months of lurking before that and they were here when I first came -Man you should've seen the forum then! Everyone was Daario who was actually Benjen and every other fat fella was actually a mermen- since I wasn't around much at the time the abomination died I can't tell if there's been a surge of activity at that time but Dany Loving Stark(Jon especially) haters were around long before that. Legend is, they've existed long before first draft's first letter was ever tpyed and that they've been lurking in the shadows of the dark cold beyond the wall for thousands of years, waiting for the right oppurtunity to bring the new long night.

Okay, thanks.  I always wondered.  I saw some Dany fans state "this is payback for all the Dany-hating threads from back in the day".  Whatever happened "back then", I don't see it now.  Some people dislike Dany, but I don't see endless threads about it like I do for the Starks.

5 minutes ago, StarkTullies said:

Okay, thanks.  I always wondered.  I saw some Dany fans state "this is payback for all the Dany-hating threads from back in the day".  Whatever happened "back then", I don't see it now.  Some people dislike Dany, but I don't see endless threads about it like I do for the Starks.

Can't ever recall any Dany hating threads. My dislike for Dany only gradually developed over the past 2-3 years as I re-read parts of the books to add quotes to my posts, show had nothing to do with it. I'm doing a little bit of trolling myself but just for the fun of it and to make people give some thought into things and I've only started it a few months ago after seeing these hate trolls are allowed even after so many years (some of those accounts are very old)

I have nooo idea! when I first started reading this forum back in 2019 , I assumed they are Dany fans reacting to the show . I expected that these commentaries come to an end soon . only afterwards, I realized there's  themes of Stark-hate / Dany-cult !!! weird and odd . I tend to skip their posts most of the times . 

p.s. like @Craving Peaches says , most of these commenters seem to be pretty similar in terms of language and opinion . I can only think they are either a special club or one person . both of which seem the biggest waste of time anyone in this fandom has . so , I don't know.

30 minutes ago, EggBlue said:

I have nooo idea! when I first started reading this forum back in 2019 , I assumed they are Dany fans reacting to the show . I expected that these commentaries come to an end soon . only afterwards, I realized there's  themes of Stark-hate / Dany-cult !!! weird and odd . I tend to skip their posts most of the times . 

p.s. like @Craving Peaches says , most of these commenters seem to be pretty similar in terms of language and opinion . I can only think they are either a special club or one person . both of which seem the biggest waste of time anyone in this fandom has . so , I don't know.

They post in the same timespan as well. for days, even weeks or months there's no activity and then as if a signal's been given these accounts all post within a frame of few days at most. Either a coordinated effort from some cultish hate group or one really pathetic individual. I don't know which would be sadder.

17 minutes ago, KingEuronGreyjoy said:

And they never seem to respond when you dismantle their talking points, because it’s not hard. And soon after another one pops up, saying the exact same thing.

A good example of this was on the thread about how effective the Unsullied and Dothraki would be in Westeros. Multiple posts explaining how ineffective they would be by using logic and then 'The Unsullied and Dothraki are so potent that no army in Westeros can stand against them'.

8 hours ago, KingEuronGreyjoy said:

Ok. You've just put up a Dany hate thread, full of BS and mischaracterisations. What gives?

Archived