Football: The Return of the Carabao Cup

polishgenius

Heh, I was just thinking I hadn’t really seen much from Bajetic to show why he seems to be currently head of the list of youngsters at Liverpool at the moment.

Still, our ability to control games really seems to have fallen apart this season. 

Romano claims done deal, he will travel to Liverpool for the medical in the coming days.

So I assume that's to cover for the injured Diaz. But the forward/winger position at Liverpool start to look a bit crowded to me.

The atmosphere at these evening games at the arsenal is electric. We were in total control that second half and the reaction to that odegaard nutmeg on paqueta was amazing in the ground. Our bench is thin though.

Also, is someone really gonna waste 100 million on Rice? He's just a tall mark noble.

ETH's transfers have been mostly good so far so maybe I should trust his plans but I can't say I'm upset Liverpool apparently beat us to Gakpo - I really don't get what the thinking was there. Left-side forward is our most stacked position. Either he was gonna move Gakpo central or move one of the other players- probably Rashford on a permanent basis- and neither one seems like as sound a solution as just buying a central forward. 

I'm kind of with Raja on Rice. I do think he's a good player and probably won't let down any team who buys him, but the price being asked for him is way in excess of how good he actually is. Guimaraes cost a third of what he's expected to go for and he's better at literally everything. And while Guimaraes is an exceptionally good player and not everyone is gonna turn out like him, I do think Rice is in danger of ending up in a Zaha-like situation where he's constantly linked with the top clubs but they always end up getting someone a bit cheaper. Like why would any team go for him this coming summer instead of trying to persuade Brighton to part with Mac Allister, for probably half the price. 

I doubt Rice goes for £100 million. His current contract runs to 2025 and he's been rejecting renewal offers. His intent appears to be to run down his contract so West Ham will eventually have to consider a more reasonable price (maybe around £60-70 million) or risk losing him on a free transfer. Rice is still young and will be 26 (in his prime years) when his contract runs out but I think he'll move on before that. Chelsea is his most likely destination as they've been wanting to sign him for years and he did come through their academy as well.

8 hours ago, Raja said:

For the second goal he gets outdueled by Saka and then is so slow to turn back.

Saka is literally one of the best players in the league. Fuck, he was one of the best players at the World Cup.

Rice won't be the last quality player made to look a bit silly by Starboi this season.

That being said, West Ham's asking price is absurd.

Archived