Football: The Return of the Carabao Cup

polishgenius

1 hour ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Going back to this one. Before we declare Pele a saint, let's not forget that he was a bit too cozy with the military dictatorship in Brazil in the 1960s. Yes, those strongmen leaders like to present themselves with successful athletes, and Pele just happened to be the biggest game in town. Arguably he couldn't tell the taste of Medici's cock like Neymar could with Bolsonaro's, but that's also part of his history.

Yeah...not the same case. Most people in Brazil, even well educated ones, had no idea of the crimes of the military and their extent. Even Sócrates, who became one of the faces of the democratic movement, gave interviews public praising the last of the dictators, João Figueiredo, in a time when censorship laws had been relaxed already, and would only become an activist when he begun having contacts with more left-wing and pro-democracy activists in the early 80's. 

34 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Just a test run before he joins, wait, which team in the PL is Saudi owned again?

Chelsea fans can never claim the moral high ground. And it's not because of Abramovich, its because they've always been vile cunts  

1 hour ago, BigFatCoward said:

Chelsea fans can never claim the moral high ground. And it's not because of Abramovich, its because they've always been vile cunts  

Just wait until he finds out about the anti-semitic chants/song their fans sound off so regularly. 

25 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Just wait until he finds out about the anti-semitic chants/song their fans sound off so regularly. 

Winning the CL smooths over a lot of things. And besides, people in general are anti-Semitic. Nothing new there. :dunno:

16 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

people in general are anti-Semitic

*horseshit claxon*

While there are many anti-semites out there, to say that people in general - meaning most people - is horseshit of the highest order.

The only anti-semites I know are the ones that basically get paid to be anti-semitic. 

I think you'll find that most people, certainly most people I know, couldn't care less about anyone's religion.

22 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

*horseshit claxon*

While there are many anti-semites out there, to say that people in general - meaning most people - is horseshit of the highest order.

The only anti-semites I know are the ones that basically get paid to be anti-semitic. 

I think you'll find that most people, certainly most people I know, couldn't care less about anyone's religion.

Certainly a majority in my travels regarding people who express their opinions truthfully. Maybe you've just been around good people or maybe you've missed some clues. 

28 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Certainly a majority in my travels regarding people who express their opinions truthfully. Maybe you've just been around good people or maybe you've missed some clues. 

Lemme get this straight. You have been travelling the world, presumably undercover, canvassing random strangers to determine if they are anti-semitic. Not only that, most of the people you asked admitted they are.

Wow.

How long have you been conducting this extremely scientific research? What's your sample size? How many countries did you travel to? What about your methodology? Was this a verbal interview? Or did you get people to complete a questionnaire? Also, how did you know they were being truthful? Did they cross their hearts and hope to die? Or did you break out the Sodium Pentathol? Or did you just slum it with an old-fashioned polygraph?

This whole thing is fucking wild, man. I had no idea that mostly everyone on Earth is an anti-semite.

#MindBlown

ETA: Re the bold. You bet your arse I have.

Archived