Football: The Return of the Carabao Cup

polishgenius

A lot of sour grapes around here. I thought Newcastle had a good game plan and executed it to perfection. Howe definitely has surprised everyone as to how good he is.

Newcastle aren't the finished article yet so can't be expected to play open football in every game, especially against a team that's on form. Probably within a few years Newcastle will be the new Man City.

Anyway I'm going to be skippi8ng our game tonight. I think I'm going to watch Lord of the Rings on Blu-ray instead. I haven't had any good feelings since Messi won the world cup.

6 minutes ago, Darryk said:

A lot of sour grapes around here.

If that's directed at me, then you're wrong.

I've already said I've no issue with the result. We were by far the better team, but Howe's tactical plan of rotational fouling and general shithousery paid off. He got the point he came for.

I have many issues with Eddie Howe. Used to like the guy. Now I can't stand the sight of him.

Same with Newcastle United. Used to have a real soft spot for them. Ever since the Keegan days, really. Now, that's gone. They're just another bunch of petrocunts, and I will not watch them unless we're playing them.

4 minutes ago, Darryk said:

Anyway I'm going to be skippi8ng our game tonight. I think I'm going to watch Lord of the Rings on Blu-ray instead. I haven't had any good feelings since Messi won the world cup.

Always thought you had a bit of plastic about you.

11 hours ago, Winterfell is Burning said:

Which of course is a lie, since This  was Pelé's reaction after Brazil winning in 1994. Also, Ronaldo said it after Pelé questioned his excessive weight before the 2006 World Cup and the overconfidence of the team going to that WC, and, well...

Wasn't making any judgement towards the veracity of Ronaldo's accusations, I was merely pointing out that there was some kinda of animosity from that generation towards Pele. Thus them skipping the funeral did not strike me as that surprising.

Just now, Spockydog said:

Always thought you had a bit of plastic about you.

I've been supporting Tottenham since 13 years old and dealt with 25 years of mostly shite with the odd good phase here and there. I won't be called plastic by an Arsenal fan of all people.

3 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

If that's directed at me, then you're wrong.

I've already said I've no issue with the result. We were by far the better team, but Howe's tactical plan of rotational fouling and general shithousery paid off. He got the point he came for.

I have many issues with Eddie Howe. Used to like the guy. Now I can't stand the sight of him.

You want some cheese with that whine?

Just now, Darryk said:

I've been supporting Tottenham since 13 years old and dealt with 25 years of mostly shite with the odd good phase here and there. I won't be called plastic by an Arsenal fan of all people.

Awww, boo hoo. First sign of trouble and off you fuck to Middle Earth. :bawl:

Do me a favour. I can't remember the last time I willingly missed an Arsenal game. Because it's never fucking happened.

Awww, boo hoo. First sign of trouble and off you fuck to Middle Earth. :bawl:

Do me a favour. I can't remember the last time I willingly missed an Arsenal game. Because it's never fucking happened.

Ahahhah, "first sign of trouble". Our football has been unwatchable all season.

Your medal is in the post.

There's no whine left around here. All the Tottenham fans have cleared the shelves.

Weird I could swear there's been some "boohoo teams won't make it easy for us to beat them every week" nonsense.

I suggest Ser Darryk the Plastic has a re-read of the past couple of pages.

I don't see any Arsenal fans moaning about the result. Yes, we acknowledged Newcastle's somewhat agricultural approach, as did MC, and I believe we all said fair enough.

3 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

I suggest Ser Darryk the Plastic has a re-read of the past couple of pages.

I don't see any Arsenal fans moaning about the result. Yes, we acknowledged Newcastle's somewhat agricultural approach, as did MC, and I believe we all said fair enough.

I  must have imagined Spockydog the Smug referring to Newcastle's playing style as  "rotational fouling and general shithousery" then.

3 minutes ago, Darryk said:

I  must have imagined Spockydog the Smug referring to Newcastle's playing style as  "rotational fouling and general shithousery" then.

Stop imagining things. As I said, I acknowledged their tactics, as did MC, who is a Newcastle fan.

You are aware that rotational fouling and general shithousery are tactics widely deployed in the Premier League? Especially when facing teams of a much higher quality.

Show me the post where I said there was anything wrong with that approach.

Stop imagining things. As I said, I acknowledged their tactics, as did MC, who is a Newcastle fan.

Show me the post where I said there was anything wrong with their approach.

I just did show an example. Just because you didn't type "I hate Newcastle's tactics" in bold and capital letters doesn't mean your bitterness isn't coming across strong.

11 minutes ago, Darryk said:

I just did show an example. Just because you didn't type "I hate Newcastle's tactics" in bold and capital letters doesn't mean your bitterness isn't coming across strong.

What have I got to be bitter about? Arsenal are top of the league and flying.

A couple of months ago, on the eve of the NLD, the general football media narrative was basically "Antonio Conte's Spurs are about to go top of the league and quite possibly stay there for the rest of the season."

But we absolutely fucking battered you that day. 3-1. Should have been more.

Fast forward to today. Tottenham are playing some of the worst football their fans have ever seen. And it's starting to get real eggy around N17.

Conte will be gone soon, and Spurs fans are about to find out, like we did, that if you want a nice shiny stadium, you're going to have to put up with signings like Marouanne Chamakh and Sebastian Squillaci for a good few years.

So, I repeat, what the fuck have I got to be bitter about?

2 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

What have I got to be bitter about? Arsenal are top of the league and flying.

A couple of months ago, on the eve of the NLD, the general football media narrative was basically "Antonio Conte's Spurs are about to go top of the league and quite possibly stay there for the rest of the season."

We absolutely fucking battered you that day. 3-1. Should have been more.

Fast forward to today. Tottenham are playing some of the worst football their fans have ever seen. And it's starting to get real eggy around N17. Conte will be gone soon, and Spurs fans are about to find out, like we did, that if you want a nice shiny stadium, you're going to have to put up with signings like Marouanne Chamakh and Sebastian Squillaci for a good few years.

So, I repeat, what the fuck have I got to be bitter about?

No argument there. It's easy to talk shite when you're at the top of the league.

One can always hope for the usual capitulation to occur though.

Also if you think spurs fans aren't used to suboptimal transfer activity then you haven't been paying attention.

Archived