Football: The Return of the Carabao Cup

polishgenius

1 minute ago, Spockydog said:

We're talking about your manager and you claim that all of Arsenal's players went to Qatar. It was 8.

Anyway, as far as straw men go, this is pretty weak sauce.

All the Arsenal players who were selected, i didn't think they were all going to just 'John Terry' it and rock up with their shin pads on.  Come on, you are embarrassing yourself with this, it was so obvious what i meant. 

5 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

All the Arsenal players who were selected, i didn't think they were all going to just 'John Terry' it and rock up with their shin pads on.  Come on, you are embarrassing yourself with this, it was so obvious what i meant. 

Yeah, and you're embarrassing yourself with trying to draw some sort of moral equivalence between a middle-aged man willingly going to work for these murderous cunts, with a handful of kids wanting to represent their country at the World Cup.

GTFOH.

3 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

a whole bunch, or one named source? 

Yeah, if you like I'll easily find some more.

While I'm at it, shall I dig through your post history to see what you might have said about the Man City takeover?

1 minute ago, Spockydog said:

Yeah, if you like I'll easily find some more.

While I'm at it, shall I dig through your post history to see what you might have said about the Man City takeover?

Sure, if you want, knock yourself out. 

4 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

Yeah, and you're embarrassing yourself with trying to draw some sort of moral equivalence between a middle-aged man willingly going to work for these murderous cunts, with a handful of kids wanting to represent their country at the World Cup.

GTFOH.

Yeah, its 2 sides of the same coin for me.  Supporting scummy regimes is supporting scummy regimes.  

35 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

a whole bunch, or one named source? 

Newcastle United: A year on, fans' opposition to Saudi takeover gathers pace

Supporters critical of Saudi owners are becoming increasingly vocal and organised, launching a magazine and holding campaign meetings

One name discussed at the meeting was Salma al-Shehab, a Saudi student jailed for 34 years over tweets critical of the kingdom. 

“My heart and hearts of all the people in our campaign go out to her. It’s absolutely brutal. Her criticisms of the government were very mild, and she should have every right to make them,” said Hird. 

'If we truly want our club back, being used as a vehicle to improve a dictatorship won’t achieve it'

- John Hird, English teacher

Shehab, a PhD candidate at Leeds university, was at the time believed to have received the longest ever sentence given to a Saudi women’s rights defender. 

“I live in Leeds at the minute, and I was shocked by the news,” he said. “What an unjust, brutal and misogynistic thing to do to a young mother.” 

1 hour ago, Consigliere said:

Confirmed now. He's joining on loan until the end of the season with an obligation to buy - fee not yet disclosed but said to be a club record for Brentford.

25m (including the loan fee) € + shares of future fees are the numbers being whispered.

The loan structure was desired/requested by Freiburg for accounting reasons. They already have a big transfer surplus on the books this season due to the Nico Schlotterbeck transfer to Dortmund. Thus they wanted the Schade fee to be on the books next season.

2 hours ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Wasn't making any judgement towards the veracity of Ronaldo's accusations, I was merely pointing out that there was some kinda of animosity from that generation towards Pele. Thus them skipping the funeral did not strike me as that surprising.

Oh, I'm not saying you did. Just that Ronaldo specially has been shown time and time again as a complete twat very alienated from the real world and who can't handle the slightest criticism ( for example,  during the WC, he took some players to eat Salt Bae's golden steak, and when he was criticized for that living in a country where millions don't have anything to eat, his reply was that seeing it could serve as an inspiration for the people to work hard so they can eat a golden steak too someday)

6 minutes ago, The Sunland Lord said:

Same, except I bought it myself for myself. 

It's a revelation. Restaurant-quality coffee at home. 

I got the Vertuo Plus, which does various cup sizes up to 230ml. The only drawback is that you can only get the pods from Nespresso, and they're relatively expensive, coming in at about 80-90p per cup.

I've got these on order. Supposed to be really good, and if they work, it will bring the cost down to under 20p per cup. And of course, you use far less electricity than a kettle.

Tangential to the rather long back-and-forth about ownership and such, but I find for me that the presence of shady money to reduce my interest in the PL. Now, in my heyday that interest was yuuuuuuge, so there's still a bit left, but between murky owners and that total sh*thead Infantio I am questioning how much longer I'll keep up watching.

Doesn't help at all that Moshiri has some shady connections himself. Neither does it help that we look utterly inept at the moment - that goes for every department in the club. And it probably does help me that I have a local team I can follow where there's relatively little money flowing around, and shady owners don't enter the picture (yet).

I'm genuinely not certain how my interest will progress from here - if I'll retain it or if it'll just be eaten away. 

1 hour ago, Spockydog said:

I don't care about football, or frankly anything, anymore, because I got a Nespresso for Christmas and I just set it up and OMG I've never had such tasty coffee at home.

Not to spoil your fun or anything, BUT question from somebody who genuinely dislikes the taste of coffee. Nespresso, that's the thing with aluminium capsules, that costs like 3x a cup compared to a normal coffee machine?

15 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Not to spoil your fun or anything, BUT question from somebody who genuinely dislikes the taste of coffee. Nespresso, that's the thing with aluminium capsules, that costs like 3x a cup compared to a normal coffee machine?

Yeah, the capsules are recycled aluminium. But they can be reused, refilled with a coffee of your choice, and the cost works out at about 17p per cup.

I've been a French Press man all of my adult life. This Nespresso thingy is a silt-free revelation. Never has coffee tasted so good at home. 

Archived