Football: The Return of the Carabao Cup

polishgenius

1 minute ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Yeah, pretty much the last major signing of Tuchel trying to get some goals into this team.

You'd think he'd sign someone better if that was his aim. Like Christian Benteke or Rhian Brewster or someone. 

47 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

You'd think he'd sign someone better if that was his aim. Like Christian Benteke or Rhian Brewster or someone. 

Well he had 11 goals in 18 appearences for Barca. As for Brewster, that's just sad. Benteke different player type on top of not being lethal. Tuchel wanted pacey forwards like Sterling or Aubameyang. 

Anyway, in other news. Blind to Bayern. Cover for the injured Hernandez.

16 hours ago, Spockydog said:

I am genuinely struggling to think of a worse individual than MBS who you could willingly go to work for.

Maybe the Russian bloke who runs Wagner. Or Kim Jong Un? Putin? A Mexican drug cartel boss? I dunno, it's tough coming up with anyone quite as appalling as MBS. 

So what I want to know is where people like @baxusdraw the line concerning the rights and wrongs of willingly going to work for some enormously evil cunt. 

Vlad the Impaler? Hitler? Ming the fucking Merciless? What about Donald Trump? Or Thanos?

I wonder, is there anyone Baxus wouldn't go to work for? 

I'm open to comparing our employment history and see who's worked for bigger assholes, so anytime you'd like all you need to do is speak up.

P.S. You are still completely ignoring the FACT that every relevant authority of your country has said there's no issues with new Newcastle ownership. But I guess they don't pass Spocky's high standards so Eddie Howe is a villain for going after the open job he's more than qualified for.

16 hours ago, Spockydog said:

Yup. And we're still trying to get free of the cunts. 

And are you really still trying to pin the sins of Pitt the fucking Younger on me and mine? GTFOH. 

Yeah, then try harder.

And are you really still trying to deny the benefits of your country's colonial past that you are still enjoying to this day? GTFOH.

1 hour ago, baxus said:

t every relevant authority of your country has said there's no issues with new Newcastle ownership.

Surely that doesn't make it right though?

Plenty of examples of very bad owners who have passed the 'fit and proper' test. The notion that we shouldn't say anything or that the ownership is beyond criticism because the govt have allowed the sale to happen, is an odd one.

Also, let's not forget this

Technically I suppose I work for Suella Braverman, she's worse than MBS.  Am i supposed to resign in protest, or just go about my job doing the best I can (like EH is, while giving a great deal of happiness to a group of people who haven't had much to cheer about for a long time)? 

3 hours ago, baxus said:

I'm open to comparing our employment history and see who's worked for bigger assholes, so anytime you'd like all you need to do is speak up.

After a turbulent childhood, I left school at 16 without a qualification to my name. I got a job as a messenger for a small business travel agency. Three years later I was a senior travel consultant there. Four years after that, I was managing the place. Then the internet arrived and travel agencies started doing online bookings. I jumped into that, put myself through a project manager course, got PRINCE certified, and then started doing technology implementations for HRG, a global travel management company. Did that for another few years.

Then I spent ten years working for myself as a consultant project manager, before giving up my career in 2008 to look after a family member suffering from a serious illness (pick the fucking bones out of that nugget, eh? BTW - unless you've done anything remotely similar for a member of your own family, I'm claiming victory in these particular morality stakes.).

During my time, I ran projects for some pretty big multi-nationals. GSK, Pfizer, and Clearlake to name a few. So while I'm guilty of occasionally doing work for Big Pharma, I don't think that's anywhere near going to work for a murderous fucking dictator like Mohammed Bin Salman. 

Anyway, you are being fucking pathetic.

2 hours ago, baxus said:

Yeah, then try harder.

And are you really still trying to deny the benefits of your country's colonial past that you are still enjoying to this day? GTFOH.

SMH.

*engages ignore function*

2 hours ago, The Sunland Lord said:

Gianluca Vialli has passed away.

When I was going through a medical issue a year and a half ago, it was during the Euro.  I watched every game, a lot of them while in the hospital.  And when they talked about his cancer, I looked him up.

Ended up reading some very inspirational words from him that helped me through some tough times.

This is a very sad day.  

49 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

Technically I suppose I work for Suella Braverman, she's worse than MBS.  

Really? You honestly believe that? If so, you're going to have to explain why.

Because, as awful as she is, how many journalists has she had chopped up and dissolved in acid? How many citizens has she had executed for tweeting nasty words about her? How many queers has she had thrown in prison and left to rot? How many Yemeni families has she murdered in their beds?

1 hour ago, Raja said:

Surely that doesn't make it right though?

Baxus, bless his little socks, seems to believe that plebs like us should bear personal responsibility for crimes committed by our political leaders. Doesn't matter if we voted for them or not. Because despite my politics being pinned firmly to my mast, he still thinks it's okay to blame me for the actions of Boris fucking Johnson. I've never heard anything so moronic.

Yet, even more bizarrely, he takes it a step further and says that plebs should be held to account for things their leaders did hundreds and hundreds of years ago.

I mean, what a big steaming pile of Milosevic.

3 hours ago, baxus said:

P.S. You are still completely ignoring the FACT that every relevant authority of your country has said there's no issues with new Newcastle ownership.

The fit and proper owner test basically just checks you’ve actually got the money to buy the club (not what anyone thinks is the issue with MBS) and you haven’t had a conviction for fraud or something like that. It’s not exactly a ringing endorsement that somehow puts prospective owners beyond any criticism in future for things like, you know, murder, oppression and war crimes.

1 hour ago, Spockydog said:

Baxus, bless his little socks, seems to believe that plebs like us should bear personal responsibility for crimes committed by our political leaders. Doesn't matter if we voted for them or not. Because despite my politics being pinned firmly to my mast, he still thinks it's okay to blame me for the actions of Boris fucking Johnson. I've never heard anything so moronic.

Yet, even more bizarrely, he takes it a step further and says that plebs should be held to account for things their leaders did hundreds and hundreds of years ago.

I mean, what a big steaming pile of Milosevic.

Doesn't sound that dissimilar to what you are saying about Howe to be honest. I doubt Howe comes within 3  degrees of separation to the people concerned. 

It's a hell of a thing to he 'this' upset over a fucking penalty not being given. 

19 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

Doesn't sound that dissimilar to what you are saying about Howe to be honest. I doubt Howe comes within 3  degrees of separation to the people concerned. 

It's a hell of a thing to he 'this' upset over a fucking penalty not being given. 

Lol. 

I'm still waiting for you to detail exactly what makes Suella Braverman a worse human being than MBS.

And I couldn't give a shit about a penalty not given, compared to the crimes of the owner of Newcastle United. You know my politics. You know where the disdain comes from. 

I also know your politics. Cognitive dissonance is a bitch, eh? 

8 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

Lol. 

I'm still waiting for you to detail exactly what makes Suella Braverman a worse human being than MBS.

And I couldn't give a shit about a penalty not given, compared to the crimes of the owner of Newcastle United. You know my politics. You know where the disdain comes from. 

I also know your politics. Cognitive dissonance is a bitch, eh? 

I was being facetious. 

And it clearly is to a greater or lesser extent about the football.  This is why I trained myself to stop really caring, people get fucking silly. 

I imagine Newcastle fans as people who've largely had it rough with the football club being one of the few things they have in life so I'd never deign to put the onus on them to abandon their club because of decisions made by higher-ups in suits.

Archived