Heresy 245 The Alpha and the Omega and what lies between

Black Crow

There has been a small resurgence in discussion of Casterly Rock. I don't think Casterly Rock is the only castle built inside the rock, because the Reynes (of Castamere) also lived underground and that is how Tywin was able to seal the exits and divert a stream into their home to drown them. Who better to understand a fortress's weakness than someone that lives in the same type of dwelling.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSz66gruoPQNDcADnwlT9541r52um2iyr-swg&usqp=CAU

So.... What do we think about this image?

And about alpha and omega, so far the beginning and ending of our series are AGOT prologue and ADWD epilogue, in the beginning we had the Others being present while the Iron Throne and who ruled it only had a mention when Waymar Royce shouted Robert's name, and at the end we have Game of Thrones being the important thing while the Others lurks in the background with news of winter being carried on white wings. 

Ah, but that ending is about to be followed by the Winds of Winter - which rather suggests a continuation of that first prologue

As to the pretty picture. Seen it before. The immediate reaction is that its Rhaegar and Lyanna - and he looks glum 

Edited by Black Crow

21 hours ago, Melifeather said:

There has been a small resurgence in discussion of Casterly Rock. I don't think Casterly Rock is the only castle built inside the rock, because the Reynes (of Castamere) also lived underground and that is how Tywin was able to seal the exits and divert a stream into their home to drown them. Who better to understand a fortress's weakness than someone that lives in the same type of dwelling.

It was interesting to see video footage inside Gibralter.  It gives me a better idea of how GRRM imagines the inside of Casterly Rock.  You have to wonder how the Eyrie was built and if it was carved out of the mountain ,which seems easier than hawling up blocks of stone, to the pinnacle.  Same with Dragonstone.  It seems to be carved from the volcano with the main residence inside the volcano.

6 hours ago, asongofheresy said:

Yes, the time is a circle and we are back to the beginning - I didn't see the photo before and I may missed the hype of it :D but yeah they seem to be R&L, is it possible for GRRM to release TWOW in 2024 and reveal some info about the False Spring? 

I don't necessarily see it as circular - rather that the issue of Winter has always ben important and this is just a reminder

9 hours ago, Black Crow said:

Ah, but that ending is about to be followed by the Winds of Winter - which rather suggests a continuation of that first prologue

As to the pretty picture. Seen it before. The immediate reaction is that its Rhaegar and Lyanna - and he looks glum 

That’s my knee jerk opinion as well.  Especially due to the blue flowers at the bottom.  But another possibility is that it’s Aegon V and Betha Blackwood.

3 hours ago, LynnS said:

It was interesting to see video footage inside Gibralter.  It gives me a better idea of how GRRM imagines the inside of Casterly Rock.  You have to wonder how the Eyrie was built and if it was carved out of the mountain ,which seems easier than hawling up blocks of stone, to the pinnacle.  Same with Dragonstone.  It seems to be carved from the volcano with the main residence inside the volcano.

that's definitely the way the show's Eyrie seems to be built and it's one of the best castle designs in the show imo. my head canon for Dragonstone and Valyria is that they manipulated lava with fire magic to shape their dragons and such. Dragonstone hardly seems carved out of stone.  

18 minutes ago, EggBlue said:

that's definitely the way the show's Eyrie seems to be built and it's one of the best castle designs in the show imo. my head canon for Dragonstone and Valyria is that they manipulated lava with fire magic to shape their dragons and such. Dragonstone hardly seems carved out of stone.  

Yah, I like that.  Some kind of sorcery involved.

On 2/13/2023 at 3:08 PM, asongofheresy said:

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSz66gruoPQNDcADnwlT9541r52um2iyr-swg&usqp=CAU

So.... What do we think about this image?

And about alpha and omega, so far the beginning and ending of our series are AGOT prologue and ADWD epilogue, in the beginning we had the Others being present while the Iron Throne and who ruled it only had a mention when Waymar Royce shouted Robert's name, and at the end we have Game of Thrones being the important thing while the Others lurks in the background with news of winter being carried on white wings. 

I hate it, of course, because I'm not a fan of the theory :lol: but the blue roses on the bottom sure do seem like an indication that the artist intended us to believe this is a rendering of Lyanna. And how many males are described as having silver hair? Is it possible Howland had grey/silver/white hair? Meera has been described as having brown hair, but I don't believe Jojen's hair color is mentioned. Howland was very close to the old gods and should have been marked somehow, so I'm hoping against hope that the male in the picture is him. He looks too big though, doesn't he? :P The cover art doesn't typically get a caption to confirm what's going on so I'm sure GRRM is laughing at us.

47 minutes ago, asongofheresy said:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fo9ZgjnWIBsh1mm?format=png&name=small

I don't know if HotD talk is allowed but transcript of Alys Rivers audition was leaked, here she claims to be a barn owl cursed to look like a woman. I wonder if it is possible for book Alys to be a skinchanger? 

It was a very weird exchange. Doesn't sound like GRRM at all. Who is King Harold in this series? Are you sure it isn't from Vikings? LOL

13 hours ago, Melifeather said:

It was a very weird exchange. Doesn't sound like GRRM at all. Who is King Harold in this series? Are you sure it isn't from Vikings? LOL

I think Harold is suppose to be Harren but yeah this is the part of the transcript leaked from Alys Rivers audition, this may not be the final script on the show but the part where she claims to be a barn owl is interesting - I may search about mentions of owls in the series 

On 2/16/2023 at 11:14 AM, asongofheresy said:

I think Harold is suppose to be Harren but yeah this is the part of the transcript leaked from Alys Rivers audition, this may not be the final script on the show but the part where she claims to be a barn owl is interesting - I may search about mentions of owls in the series 

Aint that from Harry Potter ?

• 2 weeks later...