Heresy 245 The Alpha and the Omega and what lies between

Black Crow

8 hours ago, Melifeather said:

All of these theories have been discussed over the years in the past Heresy threads.

I've noticed you guys have generated a Gergor of content. It will take me a few years to catch up, so sorry if I repeat old topics that have been discussed to death.

Any heresies on House Dayne?

14 hours ago, Aehole targaryen said:

I'm sure that plays a part, but Summerhall was built by the Targaryens, right? 100-120 years before A Game of Thrones. A fair bit younger than Winterfell. But the presumed ritual that went wrong there wraps up the balance nicely.

True and it references another Sherlock Holmes  text - the dog that barked in the night.

Or rather, of course, it didn't.

In this case Aegon Targaryen invaded Westeros and with the aid of his dragons proceeded to conquer everything in sight. Until he got to the North and agreed a treaty with the Lord of Winterfell. Then down south the Targaryens build Summerhall which has a so far undisclosed significance. 

2 hours ago, Black Crow said:

In this case Aegon Targaryen invaded Westeros and with the aid of his dragons proceeded to conquer everything in sight. Until he got to the North and agreed a treaty with the Lord of Winterfell.

I assume this has been analysed thoroughly in these threads? Something like Torrhen Stark deciding that the Gardenering of the Starks would result in a Long Night and thus not worth it? Or does the Heresy go deeper still?

6 hours ago, Aehole targaryen said:

I've noticed you guys have generated a Gergor of content. It will take me a few years to catch up, so sorry if I repeat old topics that have been discussed to death.

I didn't mean to imply that we're against revisiting old topics. On the contrary! We enjoy digging these things up and sometimes we find that we've moved away from a specific theory and towards another. So, have at it! Post whatever interests you!

4 hours ago, Black Crow said:

True and it references another Sherlock Holmes  text - the dog that barked in the night.

Or rather, of course, it didn't.

In this case Aegon Targaryen invaded Westeros and with the aid of his dragons proceeded to conquer everything in sight. Until he got to the North and agreed a treaty with the Lord of Winterfell. Then down south the Targaryens build Summerhall which has a so far undisclosed significance. 

I had a momentary lapse and forgot about how Torrhen could have fit with the wildling origin story since he's the Stark lord that famously bent the knee. You know, the weirwood arrows that Brandon Stark was to shoot at Aegon's dragons might not have been literal, but metaphorical if Brandon was actually the greenseer in the lower level of the crypts.

Edited by Melifeather

9 hours ago, Aehole targaryen said:

Ha! No need to apologize--the threads go all over. No need to re-read them all.

9 hours ago, Aehole targaryen said:

Well--I personally have a lot of interest in the Daynes, but I'm not sure how popular they are on Heresy.

But some ideas I've seen floated:

The Daynes and the Starks are connected: the Daynes being tied to the Sword of the Morning, the Starks being tied to the Night's King who was thrown down.

A Dayne/Sword of the Morning was the "brother" (either by blood or a "brother" of the Watch) who threw down the Night's King.

Dawn is the Night's King sword, taken from him when he abused his power, then taken south to protect it from misuse. That would explain how the Daynes bestow Dawn only on a worthy Dayne. And it would explain why GRRM brings in the story of Galladon of Morne and his sword Just Maid.

I'm sure there are others--but these are at least a few I've seen for a while.