Watch, Watched Watching : 2023 is going to be unstable!

TheLastWolf

27 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

It's wild how good T2 and Jurassic Park look from the early 90's compared to a lot of shit today.

It does feel like modern movies have a ‘we can fix that in post’ mentality and just a certain laziness that CGI can somehow make everything like good. In reality everything looks more like the Lucas Prequels. Which is shit.

Okay I do enjoy being back on films rather than background noise streaming platform series. But. 

I’m watching Death on the Nile now because I’m stuck on the all-star cast bandwagon, and I cannot pay attention to this thing for my life. First half hour went right past me because I was busy ripping up a section of my needle point stitching. Okay, I rewind. First half hour goes right past me again because I start prepping dinner. It’s a salad, it’s literally chopping things and keeping half an eye on the lentil and bacon, your brain is not needed. And yet, somehow, I still do not know what happened in that first half hour and I guess I never will. Anyway, 1 hour to go, so far Orient Express had been as tedious but slightly more intriguing.

2 hours ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Jebus. Just finished The Sopranos. I don’t get what all the fuss was about with this finale. 

Tony won. His daughter walked in. 

What!?

Spoiler

He was obviously shot dead by the assassin who walked in just ahead of Meadow

Just finished S2 of Slow Horses. Oh boy, how many more books are there? I just hope they all keep the same quality, cos this show if fucking great. And Gary Oldman just kills it.

Spoiler

The only minor quibble I got is that the way Lamb is portrayed as how much he cares about his agents doesn't really correspond to his inability to keep them alive.

5 hours ago, Heartofice said:

It does feel like modern movies have a ‘we can fix that in post’ mentality and just a certain laziness that CGI can somehow make everything like good. In reality everything looks more like the Lucas Prequels. Which is shit.

Also the difference between a director driven film where the director know what they're doing and know what they want and a studio driven film where a committee is constantly tweaking based on who-knows-what.

Did they even screen Avatar 2 for test audiences? I don't remember hearing anything about it.  

4 hours ago, Spockydog said:

With T2 and Aliens, James Cameron basically invented the modern action movie. 

Don't forget video games. Halo and Doom clearly draw a lot from Aliens. 

1 hour ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Nope. I didn’t see that. 

Why would there be assassin? 

Who is left to pay this theoretical assassin?

Spoiler

He’s dead dude. The series is told from his perspective. During the original airing, most people wondered if their power or TV went out which is the controversy.

25 minutes ago, WarGalley said:
  Reveal hidden contents

He’s dead dude. The series is told from his perspective. During the original airing, most people wondered if their power or TV went out which is the controversy.

Nyet. 

My discerning mind has come to the correct conclusion.

Phil is back to the mud. Paulie may be good at murdering old women, but he is too scared to kill his boss. 

Tony won. No one was left to kill him. 

Nope. I didn’t see that. 

Why would there be assassin? 

Who is left to pay this theoretical assassin?

This isn't confirmed anywhere but It's a theory I'm very confident in:

Spoiler

He was killed by the dude at the counter, credited as "Man In Member's Only Jacket." The first episode of the season was called "Member's Only" and had a scene where Vito made fun of Eugene wearing that brand of jacket. Eugene ultimately hung himself after Tony wouldn't let him out. Eugene's wife even suggested "why don't you just kill him, put a bullet in his head!" 

So the way I figure it "Man is Member's Only Jacket" is Eugene's brother or cousin. He comes back to town after Eugene's death, maybe Eugene's kid also ODs or something in the wake of his father's suicide. The wife is pissed and we know she blames Tony. So she talks to this male relative of her dead husband and convinces him Tony Soprano is the one who destroyed Eugene and his family. 

In reality it would be a huge stretch to connect two people because they wore the same brand jacket. But on TV, when they could have credited him as "guy at counter" or anything else? They labeled him that way for a reason. 

Edit: The fact that he was killed was all but confirmed by David Chase when he slipped up in an interview and called it a "death scene"

David Chase has voiced multiple versions of what happened in the past 20 years so I guess we can all enjoy our own interpretation. :D (is this the closest I can get to a 'normal' smiley here now?

On NYE we watched Krampus (2015). We meant to watch at Christmas but forgot. This version has Toni Collette in it. I was expecting a horror film but it was more like a kinda Griswold family Christmas / Home Alone type film, like a funny family fantasy horror? That is fine but I was expecting more DARKNESS. 

49 minutes ago, RumHam said:

Reveal hidden contents

He was killed by the dude at the counter, credited as "Man In Member's Only Jacket." The first episode of the season was called "Member's Only" and had a scene where Vito made fun of Eugene wearing that brand of jacket. Eugene ultimately hung himself after Tony wouldn't let him out. Eugene's wife even suggested "why don't you just kill him, put a bullet in his head!" 

So the way I figure it "Man is Member's Only Jacket" is Eugene's brother or cousin. He comes back to town after Eugene's death, maybe Eugene's kid also ODs or something in the wake of his father's suicide. The wife is pissed and we know she blames Tony. So she talks to this male relative of her dead husband and convinces him Tony Soprano is the one who destroyed Eugene and his family. 

In reality it would be a huge stretch to connect two people because they wore the same brand jacket. But on TV, when they could have credited him as "guy at counter" or anything else? They labeled him that way for a reason. 

Edit: The fact that he was killed was all but confirmed by David Chase when he slipped up in an interview and called it a "death scene"

Meh. I’m right. As per usual.

Because who is left to kill him at this point?

3 hours ago, RumHam said:

Hide contents

4 hours ago, WarGalley said:
  Hide contents

I remember Pat Buchanan talking about the final episode and saying, "Uh, oh" when the, "black fellas" came into the restaurant. 

Like, all the other shady characters surrounding Tony and his family didn't make an impression. 

Because who is left to kill him at this point?

Little Carmine was playing the long game. 

Archived