Willas Tyrell

In TWOW we will surely finally see one of the most long awaited characters that is Willas Tyrell, the eldest son of Mace Tyrell and Alerie Hightower and oldest brother of Garlan, Loras and Margaery and heir to Highgarden and the Reach. 

Willas who suffers from a crippled leg has been described as very intelligent and studious and is beloved by his family, and had a friendship with Oberyn Martell in spite of Oberyn's role in the accident that injured his leg, and is known as the finest breeder of dogs, horses and haws in the Seven Kingdoms.  

What do you think that his personality will be once we finally see him, and what role will he have in future books ? 

How dangerous and good of a lord and player of the game will he be once he replaces his father ? 

Which characters do you want him to interact with, and how do you imagine their relations with him ?

57 minutes ago, Terrorthatflapsinthenight9 said:

In TWOW we will surely finally see one of the most long awaited characters that is Willas Tyrell, the eldest son of Mace Tyrell and Alerie Hightower and oldest brother of Garlan, Loras and Margaery and heir to Highgarden and the Reach. 

Willas who suffers from a crippled leg has been described as very intelligent and studious and is beloved by his family, and had a friendship with Oberyn Martell in spite of Oberyn's role in the accident that injured his leg, and is known as the finest breeder of dogs, horses and haws in the Seven Kingdoms.  

What do you think that his personality will be once we finally see him, and what role will he have in future books ? 

How dangerous and good of a lord and player of the game will he be once he replaces his father ? 

Which characters do you want him to interact with, and how do you imagine their relations with him ?

I think he will have a gentle and caring personality. I wonder how effective he will be against the Ironborn though. We will definitely see Highgarden in the coming books as per George. Which POV character will be there? Sam? Jon Connington? Dany? Willas will interact with them.

I wonder why he was created. Is he being retained for some particular role? Maybe a dynastic marriage as part of a peace deal? Have Loras and Garlan both got dramatic and fatal plot arcs so Willas has to hand around in Highgarden before being eventually married to somebody or other? WIll he turn out to be a clever strategist who brings Dorne into a confict on the Tyrells side, to take over control from the Lannisters and the Baratheons?

I like Willas Tyrell already :) I think Willas Tyrell is someone similar to a young Doran Martell . a peaceful intelligent family guy who wants what is best for his people but unlike Ned is better at reading people and can be called dangerous by people like Tywin fucking Lannister . hopefully , his future and his relationship with his children will be better than Doran's! 

edit: hey! I just realized that Martell / Tyrell pattern goes further than Doran /Willas!! 

1. the eldest brother , not the athletic kind but intelligent , well read and ultimately ambitious : Doran - Willas

2. the younger brother , a great warrior , the perfect sidekick to the elder one : Oberyn - Garlan

3. the sister , beautiful , lady like , witty and intelligent : Elia - Margery 

26 minutes ago, Ser Lepus said:

Everybody talks highly about him; he seems intelligent, cultured and honorable. I can see the Tyrells lying about his character, but Oberyn? No way! If Oberyn praises a Tyrell, you can bet he is a great person...

Does Oberyn have a grudge against the Tyrells, though? It really seems like that “feud” is one sided and mostly kept going by Mace. Oberyn is contemptuous of Mace, yes, but so are many other people.

1 hour ago, Canon Claude said:

Does Oberyn have a grudge against the Tyrells, though? It really seems like that “feud” is one sided and mostly kept going by Mace. Oberyn is contemptuous of Mace, yes, but so are many other people.

He mostly talks shit about all the Tyrells, and all Reach people in general, save Willas. Dorne and the Reach have been enemies for thousands of years before Oberyn crippled Willas.

Archived