Misfit Characters and the Houses they should have been born into

Canon Claude

Stannis should have been a Stark. He's got the temperament for a Northern lord; direct, blunt, eschewing southern fashions, meritocratic, not afraid to swing the sword of justice himself. He'd have been much more content if he'd been born into the North rather than into the Stormlands.

Arya and Brienne should have been born into House Mormont, where nobody would think twice about women becoming prominent warriors.

Cersei should have been born a Martell. She'd have been able to rule on her own merit, and maybe gotten a more rounded education. Plus she wouldn't have had Jaime there, and maybe that would have helped her psyche somewhat. 

25 minutes ago, Canon Claude said:

Why? Seems like he belongs in House Bolton.

Umm... no. 

5 minutes ago, Terrorthatflapsinthenight9 said:

Yeah it's the perfect house for a sadistic, torture loving madman and rapist like him.

They have those in Targaryens and Lannisters as well.  

Why Ramsay doesn't belong into Boltons? A peaceful land, a quiet people.

4 minutes ago, Corvo the Crow said:

Umm... no. 

They have those in Targaryens and Lannisters as well.  

Why Ramsay doesn't belong into Boltons? A peaceful land, a quiet people.

That's the worst lie ever, Ramsay's sole existence is the proof of that. 

He can only belong to a house whose lord raped a woman under the hanged corpse of her husband.

3 minutes ago, Terrorthatflapsinthenight9 said:

That's the worst lie ever, Ramsay's sole existence is the proof of that. 

Lol? Are you being serious? What has Ramsay's existence has anything to do with it?

4 minutes ago, Terrorthatflapsinthenight9 said:

He can only belong to a house whose lord raped a woman under the hanged corpse of her husband.

And? Roose is discrete, whereas Targaryens and Lannisters are not. That's the whole point of the post. Rhaegar kidnaps Lyanna and the whole realm knows, Tywin orders his entire garrison to rape Tysha. Aerys II was quite touchy touchy with ladies in waiting of the queen. Their killings were also common knowledge. Who knows Roose raped that women and hanged that husband? Now who does Ramsay resemble in his actions being known widely? Roose, or houses Lannister and Targaryen? 

2 minutes ago, Corvo the Crow said:

Lol? Are you being serious? What has Ramsay's existence has anything to do with it?

And? Roose is discrete, whereas Targaryens and Lannisters are not. That's the whole point of the post. Rhaegar kidnaps Lyanna and the whole realm knows, Tywin orders his entire garrison to rape Tysha. Aerys II was quite touchy touchy with ladies in waiting of the queen. Their killings were also common knowledge. Who knows Roose raped that women and hanged that husband? Now who does Ramsay resemble in his actions being known widely? Roose, or houses Lannister and Targaryen? 

His existence is the proof of Roose's claim being BS, since Ramsay is the result of his father's depravity and sadism. 

And Lannisters and Targaryens don't have the same sadism and love for flaying and all the worst and most painful kinds of torture of the Boltons. 

23 minutes ago, Terrorthatflapsinthenight9 said:

His existence is the proof of Roose's claim being BS, since Ramsay is the result of his father's depravity and sadism. 

Oh gods! You are being serious. Argument here is not that Roose isn't a depraved sadist, argument is Roose is DISCRETE about it, no tales of him being told while Ramsay isn't! I repeat, that is the argument, not that whether Roose is a sadist or whatever!

23 minutes ago, Terrorthatflapsinthenight9 said:

And Lannisters and Targaryens don't have the same sadism and love for flaying and all the worst and most painful kinds of torture of the Boltons. 

Uh-huh, having your daughter in law gang raped before your son, throwing babies down the well, having your men bash little babies head, rape their mother with the brains still in their hand, repeatedly stab little girls tthey are all nonsadistic behaviour not at all depraved, same goes for kidnapping a noble lady of the highest birth, strangling her brother and burning his father, all are usual stuff that normal people do, yep exactly that way.

For my part, I think Ramsay would be better off in House Clegane. Sure, he's not as big as the Mountain, but he and the Mountain have a lot in common. Failing that is House Hoare, if it was still around. The Hoares were the most blatantly sadistic house in Westeros, even moreso than the Boltons or Targaryens.

And if you look at House Lannister, Tywin is a monster, but he is not the standard Lannister. He's clearly a worse version of the usual types. Tyland Lannister wasn't a sadist, and we have no indication that his brother was, either. Tywin's father, uncle, and brothers didn't have the same bloodlust as Tywin, and we get no such hint from other Lannisters in the past.

3 minutes ago, Floki of the Ironborn said:

For my part, I think Ramsay would be better off in House Clegane. Sure, he's not as big as the Mountain, but he and the Mountain have a lot in common. Failing that is House Hoare, if it was still around. The Hoares were the most blatantly sadistic house in Westeros, even moreso than the Boltons or Targaryens.

And if you look at House Lannister, Tywin is a monster, but he is not the standard Lannister. He's clearly a worse version of the usual types. Tyland Lannister wasn't a sadist, and we have no indication that his brother was, either. Tywin's father, uncle, and brothers didn't have the same bloodlust as Tywin, and we get no such hint from other Lannisters in the past.

The Hoares weren't really that sadistic, except possibly at the end with Harren the Black. 

They seemed to be more of the cunning pragmatic type than driven by their bloodlust. 

6 minutes ago, Terrorthatflapsinthenight9 said:

The Hoares weren't really that sadistic, except possibly at the end with Harren the Black. 

They seemed to be more of the cunning pragmatic type than driven by their bloodlust. 

Maybe I'm wrong, but I could have sworn that they had a lot of sadistic kings with really gruesome nicknames. Even the other Ironborn hated the Hoares. Black of hair, black of eye, black of heart and all that.

22 minutes ago, Floki of the Ironborn said:

For my part, I think Ramsay would be better off in House Clegane. Sure, he's not as big as the Mountain, but he and the Mountain have a lot in common.

As rivals for inheritance, Ramsay and the Mountain would mutually take care of each other, and Sandor would be left as his father's only surviving heir. The realm would gain.

10 minutes ago, Julia H. said:

As rivals for inheritance, Ramsay and the Mountain would mutually take care of each other, and Sandor would be left as his father's only surviving heir. The realm would gain.

Maybe? Just feels like Gregor would just cut Ramsay down and that's that. Ramsay didn't succeed because of brains, or brawn, or anything really. Just a basic low cunning, a lot of dumb luck and his father's protection.
Though it also makes me wonder why Gregor never killed Sandor.

17 minutes ago, Floki of the Ironborn said:

Maybe I'm wrong, but I could have sworn that they had a lot of sadistic kings with really gruesome nicknames. Even the other Ironborn hated the Hoares. Black of hair, black of eye, black of heart and all that.

There were truly cruel and sadistic Hoares, but that reputation and the hatred other Ironmen had for them was mostly because they renounced the Old Way and brought badly needed and practical changes to the Ironborn way of life that the Drowned Men and traditionalists hated such as focus on trade, friendlier relations with the other kingdoms and marriages with them, discouragement of reaving and taking thralls and tolerance and protection of the Faith of the Seven.

The irony is that until the end with Harren the Black the Hoares were the best thing to have ever happened to the Ironborn, having given unprecedented power and level of prosperity and wealth never imagined before to the Ironborn. 

Archived