Misfit Characters and the Houses they should have been born into

Canon Claude

4 hours ago, James Steller said:

Maybe? Just feels like Gregor would just cut Ramsay down and that's that. Ramsay didn't succeed because of brains, or brawn, or anything really. Just a basic low cunning, a lot of dumb luck and his father's protection.
Though it also makes me wonder why Gregor never killed Sandor.

Oh, Ramsay could just poison Gregor without needing any special intelligence. So Gregor would realize what was happening and he would still have enough time to tear off Ramsay's head with the last of his strength. 

Gregor didn't kill Sandor, because Gregor was the firstborn and Sandor kept well out of his way after the incident with the fire. So Sandor did not represent any threat. Then Sandor left the family home early on anyway. Gregor may just have forgotten about him most of the time.  

On 12/29/2022 at 10:20 AM, Canon Claude said:

GRRM’s world is full of misfits, but the tragedy is that some of them clearly could have been happier if they’d been born into a different family which already exists. 
Any examples come to mind?

https://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?/topic/160262-craster-is-a-stark/#comment-8768869

Craster could have announced his own claim to Winterfell.  The families can trace their lineage all the way back to the Night's King and his bride. 

4 hours ago, Groo said:

Rodrik the Reader should have been Sam's father.

Well, they're both misfits in their respective families, and they'd be misfits in each other's families too. Does that mean that they'd start a new family on their own? 

13 hours ago, James Steller said:

Well, they're both misfits in their respective families, and they'd be misfits in each other's families too. Does that mean that they'd start a new family on their own? 

Sure, why not House Book!  (I'll show myself out now)

Archived