Andrew Tate - sex trafficker

BigFatCoward

4 hours ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

My Maternal Grandmother who passed in 1997 nearly died giving birth to my Uncle who lived only 24 hours after birth.  She claimed to have had an “out of body” experience while doctors were struggling to save her life.  Real or not, people really have these experiences.

People certainly do on the edge of death. What they experienced really shouldn't be taken as a confirmation of anything.

One of my step-brothers was on set of a movie shoot when a very religious stuntman was declared legally dead before being revived. It was an accidental drowning after he was pulled under by a net. After he was brought back he was asked what he saw and said only black, absolute nothingness. It shook his faith for a bit. 

Personally I'd put as much stock into these experiences as dreams. 

12 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

People certainly do on the edge of death. What they experienced really shouldn't be taken as a confirmation of anything.

One of my step-brothers was on set of a movie shoot when a very religious stuntman was declared legally dead before being revived. It was an accidental drowning after he was pulled under by a net. After he was brought back he was asked what he saw and said only black, absolute nothingness. It shook his faith for a bit. 

Personally I'd put as much stock into these experiences as dreams. 

No argument.  Just sharing her experience.

15 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

No argument.  Just sharing her experience.

I find it extremely interesting when religious people have experiences like the one I mentioned in a near death situation, and on the flipside nonbelievers have the most intense religious experiences. Just goes to show somethings are hard to explain. 

Just now, Tywin et al. said:

I find it extremely interesting when religious people have experiences like the one I mentioned in a near death situation, and on the flipside nonbelievers have the most intense religious experiences. Just goes to show somethings are hard to explain. 

It is interesting.