the weirdest theories you've ever seen

EggBlue

it's needless to say there are numerous theories out there . a lot of them closer to fan fiction than theories . but other than tin foil theories , there are some that are just either so far fetched or disgusting that you wonder how the theorist came up with them! 

here's a *safe* space where we can respectfully judge weird theories!

I go first

I've recently encountered a theory claiming that Shae is Sarella Sand and she was sent out by her father to go to Tywin Lannister and poison him . further more, this theory claims that Sarella/Shae was bent , bowed and broken by her father , prince Oberyn Martell and was in fact groomed and raped by him to become a whore and take up the responsibility of killing Tywin . the proof for this theory , you may ask ? well , according to this theorist , the similarity between Sarella portrait and Shae portrait in asoiaf app (or whatever GRRM sub-canon that contains portraits! ) , is uncanny , considering one of them is wearing a veil on her face ! .... honestly, this theory just made me wanna puke. 

@EggBlue, I hadn’t read  that theory before. You’re right, it’s weird and disturbing! 
There are sooooo many weird ones out there… I’ll start w/ a simple and obvious one that many may not find weird at all, and many others probably subscribe to. And I find it weird in the sense that for it to be true, Martin would have to be both a terrible writer and very lazy with his writing/plotting, and we know he is neither.

”Bloodraven did [insert basically anything]. 

Just now, sifth said:

Euron is Daariois one of my favorites, though Varys being a mermaid is pretty up there as well. 

Good one. All the ones where X is not really X but Y or Z or whatever. Everyone has a secret identity, everyone is a secret Targaryen, yadda yadda yadda. 

11 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Good one. All the ones where X is not really X but Y or Z or whatever. Everyone has a secret identity, everyone is a secret Targaryen, yadda yadda yadda. 

I think Aristan being Barristan started this whole mess.

47 minutes ago, Craving Peaches said:

Renly = Azor Ahai

how? why?!!

27 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

@EggBlue, I hadn’t read  that theory before. You’re right, it’s weird and disturbing! 

it was . it really was . I think it was a you tube video of the Order of Green Hand. 

12 minutes ago, sifth said:

I think Aristan being Barristan started this whole mess.

probably . but that one was kinda obvious from the start . wasn't it ? the problem with most of identity theories is that they are largely baseless . especially Targaryen ones! 

5 minutes ago, LongRider said:

Brienne is dead and brought back to be the 'New Hound' and while wearing the Hound's helmet she wreaks havoc, death and mayhem in Westeros.     :shocked:

That’s pretty weird and bad. 
I remember another that is sort of similar and not much of a theory because it’s just the notion that Brienne died when LSH had her, that she didn’t scream ‘sword’ as per Martin himself. And now she’s a wight. That’s as far as I remember. Makes zero sense and is 100% weird. 

1 minute ago, kissdbyfire said:

Makes zero sense and is 100% weird. 

There are so many like that and the author's be like "This theory is mine and it is right because it's mine!  My theory is a great theory, and it WILL happen, because IT IS MINE!"   Makes for great discussions...not!

29 minutes ago, sifth said:

"Insert character" will become the Nights King.

Usually Jon and Stannis are the most common ones, though I've heard nearly every male character will become the Nights King at this point.

In my opinion, the only ones that make any sense are Jon, Stannis, or Euron. Anyone else is just crazy.

Quentyn is still alive.

No single Targaryen ever did any bad thing ever: any apparent bad deeds were caused by the maesters, or the Faith, or Bran warging into them from the future.

Any theories about pre-historic bloodlines or ancient ancestry being the entire basis of a character's moral worth.  George Martin isn't writing story about "superior races", and just because a certain family thinks that they are closer to gods than men doesn't mean they are.

Starks have been performing human sacrifices to the weirwoods throughout all of history up through Rickard and Brandon, and somehow the kings and the commoners and historians don't know about it... not even the Starks themselves.

And then all the things that are really "predictions" rather than theories which are based entirely on their hatred of the character with no textual support whatsoever, but I'm not going to get into those.

2 minutes ago, StarkTullies said:

Quentyn is still alive.

No single Targaryen ever did any bad thing ever: any apparent bad deeds were caused by the maesters, or the Faith, or Bran warging into them from the future.

Any theories about pre-historic bloodlines or ancient ancestry being the entire basis of a character's moral worth.  George Martin isn't writing story about "superior races", and just because a certain family thinks that they are closer to gods than men doesn't mean they are.

Starks have been sacrificing to the weirwoods throughout all of history up through Rickard and Brandon, and somehow the kings and the commoners and historians don't know about it... not even the Starks themselves.

And then all the things that are really "predictions" rather than theories which are based entirely on their hatred of the character with no textual support whatsoever, but I'm not going to get into those.

I think the Starks, at least Ned, have been unintentionally making blood offerings to the Weirwoods by cleaning Ice of blood from executions in the gods wood

Archived