Controversial ASoIaF Opinions

Craving Peaches

2 minutes ago, Craving Peaches said:

Sometimes I think people come up with a theory and then cherry pick and twist the text to make it fit their theory, rather than looking at the text, finding clues and coming up with one.

Say it isn't so!    :o

2 minutes ago, Craving Peaches said:

Sometimes I think people come up with a theory and then cherry pick and twist the text to make it fit their theory, rather than looking at the text, finding clues and coming up with one.

Yes, and again, it’s special snowflake syndrome. People want to find that thing that no one else did, 3 decades on. 

16 minutes ago, Craving Peaches said:

This is what we do. It's easy too because when a character says something that supports our position then it's confirmation and when they say something to contradict it they don't know what they're talking about or are actively lying to themselves or in some cases deliberately ignoring facts that are right in front of their faces and at the forefront of their minds.

9 minutes ago, Aejohn the Conqueroo said:

This is what we do. It's easy too because when a character says something that supports our position then it's confirmation and when they say something to contradict it they don't know what they're talking about or are actively lying to themselves or in some cases deliberately ignoring facts that are right in front of their faces and at the forefront of their minds.

well people do in fact do all of those things so its true some of the thing

6 minutes ago, Corvo the Crow said:

Burn 7 times then! Anyone who doesn't share the one united Westeros vision of Mannis must be burned.

I've been a fan of the guy ever since "It's a lie. Take it out!" in reference to the love he had for his brother but the writing is on the wall for the Mannis, isn't it?  What I'm hoping for is a bit of glory and brilliance in his northern campaign, something that asserts his place as acknowledged leading Westerosi general, but I won't be able to stay with him once he torches Shireen so I'm hoping that's one of his last acts.

7 minutes ago, Aejohn the Conqueroo said:

I've been a fan of the guy ever since "It's a lie. Take it out!" in reference to the love he had for his brother but the writing is on the wall for the Mannis, isn't it?  What I'm hoping for is a bit of glory and brilliance in his northern campaign, something that asserts his place as acknowledged leading Westerosi general, but I won't be able to stay with him once he torches Shireen so I'm hoping that's one of his last acts.

But kill not for pleasure of killing, and seven times never kill Mannis!

The Law of the Jungle aside, I agree with your take here, I wanna see him go out in a blaze of glory.

Archived