Why Tyrion Doesn’t Have Children?

Corvo the Crow

Lord Tywin steepled his fingers beneath his chin. "Balon Greyjoy thinks in terms of plunder, not rule. Let him enjoy an autumn crown and suffer a northern winter. He will give his subjects no cause to love him. Come spring, the northmen will have had a bellyful of krakens. When you bring Eddard Stark's grandson home to claim his birthright, lords and little folk alike will rise as one to place him on the high seat of his ancestors. You are capable of getting a woman with child, I hope?"

"I believe I am," he said, bristling. "I confess, Icannot prove it. Though no one can say I havenot tried. Why, I plant my little seeds just as often as I can . . ."

"In the gutters and the ditches," finished Lord Tywin, "and in common ground where only bastard weeds take root. It is past time you kept your own garden." He rose to his feet. "You shall never have Casterly Rock, I promise you. But wed Sansa Stark, and it is just possible that you might win Winterfell."

As the above quote says, Tyrion likes to plant his little seeds as often as he can and he believes he is capable of getting a woman pregnant, but where’s the proof of it? With the way he plants his seeds, there should’ve been several little Tyrions around, waddling and back flipping and killing fully grown knights who trained their entire life while wearing mismatched armor. Where are the fruits of all his hard labour? Has none of his seeds taken root? Sure, he has a daughter, Lanna, but that was over a decade ago so did something happen in the mean while and he became infertile? Surely any prostitue suspecting pregnancy from him would give birth, any brothel owner smart enough would set her aside for the chance of providing a bastard, and if no one else at least Shae, who’s only been with him all that time, should’ve become pregnant and would keep it to advance her status. Is it possible Tywin cleans up after him?

21 minutes ago, Back in Black-Snow said:

Honestly, with the stigma that comes with being a dwarf in Westeros, do you believe anyone would carry his child to term if they weren't actually in love with Tyrion? I dare say most would move heaven and earth to terminate the pregnancy.

These are commons and not just any ordinary common folk, but prostitutes. Tyrion may be a dwarf but he's not a commoner, he's the son and heir apparent(Jaime being KG), of a lord and not just any other lord but one of the Lord Paramounts who is also the head of the richest(or second richest, Hightowers could be richer) house. All of these far outweigh Tyrion being a dwarf. 

28 minutes ago, Corvo the Crow said:

These are commons and not just any ordinary common folk, but prostitutes. Tyrion may be a dwarf but he's not a commoner, he's the son and heir apparent(Jaime being KG), of a lord and not just any other lord but one of the Lord Paramounts who is also the head of the richest(or second richest, Hightowers could be richer) house. All of these far outweigh Tyrion being a dwarf. 

only for Tyrion, I have always presumed that the wholes take measures not to get pregnant, doubly so in the case of Tyrion because hes a dwarf whose father is a monster who had a princess murdered over a slight, while its possible Tywin wouldn't have the child murdered the same cannot be said for the mothers.

26 minutes ago, Alden Rothack said:

only for Tyrion, I have always presumed that the wholes take measures not to get pregnant, doubly so in the case of Tyrion because hes a dwarf whose father is a monster who had a princess murdered over a slight, while its possible Tywin wouldn't have the child murdered the same cannot be said for the mothers.

They would of course take measures with the average customers, but with nobles, getting pregnant is actually a benefit for most. Doubly so for Tyrion who should've already married but haven't because proposals are rejected over and over again.

34 minutes ago, Corvo the Crow said:

They would of course take measures with the average customers, but with nobles, getting pregnant is actually a benefit for most. Doubly so for Tyrion who should've already married but haven't because proposals are rejected over and over again.

Nope a bastard is a bastard....most nobles will shun their bastards like lepers, theres always a few exceptions of course but the lannisters arent exactly known for their empathy .......and itd be a brave/suicidal whore who went i casterly rock and tried to shame them into paying up!!!!

No like all whores tyrions women will do whatever medieval women do to prevent them getting pregnant

1 hour ago, Corvo the Crow said:

We know exactly what Tywin would do if one of Tyrions whores showed up, she'd get what Tysha got

4 hours ago, astarkchoice said:

Nope a bastard is a bastard....most nobles will shun their bastards like lepers, theres always a few exceptions of course but the lannisters arent exactly known for their empathy .......and itd be a brave/suicidal whore who went i casterly rock and tried to shame them into paying up!!!!

No like all whores tyrions women will do whatever medieval women do to prevent them getting pregnant

Joy Hill would like to have a word with you.

53 minutes ago, Corvo the Crow said:

Joy Hill would like to have a word with you.

Thats not the same, shes the only child of a brother Tywin expects not to see again

even if she wasn't shes the child of a fourth son, she would matter only a little even if she was trueborn

Tyrion on the other hand is the only currently available heir of Tywin, him having a bastard would a huge problem that Joy Hill isn't and can't be.

11 hours ago, Corvo the Crow said:

there should’ve been several little Tyrions around, waddling and back flipping and killing fully grown knights who trained their entire life while wearing mismatched armor

Joking aside, dwarfism is not necessarily passed on to one's offspring.

6 hours ago, Tyrosh Lannister said:

The answer is George hasn't revealed to us yet if he has any kids . He's whored all over westeros. He must have at least one child 

There’s one, Lanna. It makes it bir even more curious that he managed to get one in his first try and then for more than a decade nothing.

On 1/5/2023 at 4:23 PM, Aejohn the Conqueroo said:

We only ever see Tyrion with pros so I don't know that there's really been much risk.  We never hear of Tysha after their separation so there is a chance that she carried a child of his (or one of his guardsmen) to term. 

We don’t hear of her again, however there is a theory that Lanna who is in Braavos with her mum (I’m not 100% sure if Lanna is a prostitute yet as she’s only 14/15, but it is GRRM…) is Tyrion and Tysha’s daughter. Would be debatable if she was a bastard or not as well if we ever explore them

1 minute ago, KingStoneheart said:

We don’t hear of her again, however there is a theory that Lanna who is in Braavos with her mum (I’m not 100% sure if Lanna is a prostitute yet as she’s only 14/15, but it is GRRM…) is Tyrion and Tysha’s daughter. Would be debatable if she was a bastard or not as well if we ever explore them

It's hard to deny the Sailor's wife may be Tysha. I hope she's not - Planetos seems like a maddingly small community sometimes, but she's a candidate. Still though that would only narrow Lanna's possible father down to what 10 or so? more? The name 'Lanna' evokes 'Barra' a bit too... Yeah, I don't like it but I don't think anyone will be surprised if it's eventually revealed that the Sailor's Wife is Tysha. I guess she'd be his Rhaenyra and Sansa his Visenya lol.  

Archived