Football - a matter of life and death? No, its more important than that!

BigFatCoward

I clearly don't know what is offsides anymore.  Salah was surely offsides for his goal under any interpretation of the spirit of the offsides rule, and the Wolves goal from the corner didn't look offsides at all.

??!??

So you are saying Livarpool are slowly getting their mojo back?

Anyway moving on or back to Bundesliga and transfer rumours.

Bayern quest to fix their goalkeeping problems is not going well.

Nübel has reiterated his position, that he doesn't want to go back. Their alternative plan was bringing in Sommer. Gladbach has issued a hands off warning. Not sure, where they'll go next. Croatia's goalkeeper was rumoredly an option as a short term fix.

Staying with Gladbach: M. Thuram's contract is expiring at the end of the season. So there are a bunch of clubs lined up to get his signature (Inter rumoredly one of the frontrunners). This window is the last chance for Gladbach to generate a fee for him. Chelsea is rumoredly interested.

Hoffenheim's Georgino Rutter is rumoredly a target for Leeds United (fee 40m €)

Dortmund are still trying to extend Moukoko's contract. That one is running out at the end of the season. Chelsea and Barca are frontrunners for his signature, if the talks fail.

Frankfurt's Evan N'Dicka's contract is also expiring. But the demands from his agent are apparently excessive. He is angling for package worth 50m € for his client. (5 year contract worth 7m p.a. + signing fee of 15m). The signing fee has rumoredly turned off PSG (of all clubs), who were interested in him. Arsenal and Newcastle were other rumored destinations.

29 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I clearly don't know what is offsides anymore.  Salah was surely offsides for his goal under any interpretation of the spirit of the offsides rule, and the Wolves goal from the corner didn't look offsides at all.

??!??

The Wolves defender deliberately played the ball so offside is basically reset from that point. As noted earlier I don’t think it’s a great rule but it was definitely the correct decision.

The ruled out goal apparently the offside was the corner taker getting the ball back from the initial clearance. The camera had moved on to the action in the box so there wasn’t actually a shot of where he was at the time so VAR just had to go with the assistant ref’s original decision.

Need this man in our squad next season. Lokonga hasn't really impressed in the EL or most of his games this season & Elneny is solid, but this guy could easily be someone we give lots of minutes to next season

Oof. Just watched the highlights of Wolves Liverpool.

There was nothing wrong with Wolves 'winner'. English referees are really bad. VAR is even worse.

Unless you are literally Mister Magoo without his goggles on, this is not offside.

Look at the linesman. Then look at the Liverpool defender on his right. Now look at Nunes at the bottom of the picture, on the linesman's left. How he's deemed offside here is beyond me. One of the worst decisions you'll see all season. 

Why has VAR not got this angle covered? Seems a bit odd. It's almost as if Mike Dean's kids are Liverpool season ticket holders.

2 hours ago, Raja said:

Need this man in our squad next season. Lokonga hasn't really impressed in the EL or most of his games this season & Elneny is solid, but this guy could easily be someone we give lots of minutes to next season

He's been playing as a 6 the last few games and excelling. I could definitely see him coming into the squad as Partey relief.

Well, that twitter thread of Spocky's has a video from the crowd, where the lines on the field suggest no offside. Can't rely on that, and refs can't either. 

But if you're going to have VAR, after two years, there's no excuse for not covering all angles. That's just farcial.

1 hour ago, Mexal said:

I could definitely see him coming into the squad as Partey relief.

At some point, someone will have to. I've seen Partey's texts. He is going to jail. 

I've seen Patino play a few times over at Borehamwood. There is massive potential there. Pretty sure Arteta will be able to unlock it. 

10 minutes ago, Rorschach - 2 said:

But if you're going to have VAR, after two years, there's no excuse for not covering all angles. That's just farcial.

Also farcical: having VAR for a handful of of FA Cup matches, while the majority of matches don't. 

22 minutes ago, Rorschach - 2 said:

Well, that twitter thread of Spocky's has a video from the crowd, where the lines on the field suggest no offside. Can't rely on that, and refs can't either. 

Didn't the same thing happen previously this season? If I'm not mistaken, it was the Arsenal/Liverpool game where VAR couldn't do an offside check for a goal because Saka(?) was out of the frame from all the camera angles so VAR had to go with the onfield decision which was onside. One would have thought that after that incident, those responsible for setting up the cameras would have addressed the blindspot issue.

1 minute ago, Consigliere said:

Didn't the same thing happen previously this season? If I'm not mistaken, it was the Arsenal/Liverpool game where VAR couldn't do an offside check for a goal because Saka(?) was out of the frame from all the camera angles so VAR had to go with the onfield decision which was onside. One would have thought that after that incident, those responsible for setting up the cameras would have addressed the blindspot issue.

Yes, I thought Saka was offside that day. 

Makes up for a goal we had ruled out by VAR in the exact same circumstances last season when the VAR twats literally just guessed. 

3 minutes ago, Consigliere said:

Doesn't really help my impression that VAR is run by incompetent monkeys, this.

Wonder if the responsible actually still have a job.

52 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

At some point, someone will have to. I've seen Partey's texts. He is going to jail. 

I've seen Patino play a few times over at Borehamwood. There is massive potential there. Pretty sure Arteta will be able to unlock it. 

Texts that can be interpreted won’t be enough to convict him. If he was going to jail, he would have already been charged. Those texts came out to the public like 6 months ago and that’s after the police had already seen them and weren’t doing anything about it.

4 minutes ago, Mexal said:

Texts that can be interpreted won’t be enough to convict him. If he was going to jail, he would have already been charged. Those texts came out to the public like 6 months ago and that’s after the police had already seen them and weren’t doing anything about it.

AFAIK, he's still on police bail. Pretty sure if the police weren't going to do anything, he would have either been released 'under investigation', or told that they were taking no further action against him.

BFC might be able to add something here...?

He's not injured, apparently.

Probably has something to do with getting subbed off after coming on as a sub against City. He was abject, and it was no surprise he got yanked. 

I guess he's had a bit of a flounce, probably after demanding that Potter show him his medals or some shit. 

#LooksLikeArtetaWasRightAllAlong 

FA Cup 4th round draw:

• Preston vs Spurs
  • Southampton vs Blackpool
  • Wrexham vs Sheffield United
  • Ipswich vs Burnley
  • Manchester United vs Reading
  • Luton Town/Wigan vs Grimsby Town
  • Derby County vs West Ham
  • Stoke City vs Aston Villa/Stevenage
  • Blackburn Rovers vs Forest Green Rovers/Birmingham City
  • Walsall vs Leicester City