Football - a matter of life and death? No, its more important than that!

BigFatCoward

13 hours ago, polishgenius said:

I hope we don't loan Pellistri again and give him a few minutes. Him and Garnacho on opposite wings is fun to watch.

Pellistri is the one who is pushing for a move (either loan or permanent) because he wants to play regularly. Can't really blame him when it looks like Ten Hag doesn't rate him considering last night's 10-minute cameo was his first appearance of the season.

ten Hag winning 20 of first 27 games is the best start in Man Utd history.  I have to say, I think he's doing an amazing job, the way he dealt with Ronaldo in particular was boss.  

I'd say currently Arteta > Howe > ten Hag are the runaway candidates for manager of the year. 

2 hours ago, Consigliere said:

Can't really blame him when it looks like Ten Hag doesn't rate him considering last night's 10-minute cameo was his first appearance of the season.

I have a feeling the reason is more that he didn't want to introduce Garnacho and Pellistri at the same time and favoured Garnacho of the two rather than just doesn't rate Pellistri at all, but yeah. That he was also introducing his own favoured transfer Antony won't have helped Pellistri either. But he does need to loan him if he won't play more. And maybe he does just think he's shit, who knows.

2 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

I have to say, I think he's doing an amazing job, the way he dealt with Ronaldo in particular was boss.  

His man management in general has been great so far as we can see, and coaching has unquestionably improved. Rashford's current form is a clear combination of both things working together, and it's making me hope against all odds that he might actually keep it up for a longer stretch. 
Apart from questionable targets in the transfer market I really have no complaints with ETH so far. Protects players when they need it, throws Ronaldo under the bus when he deserves it, nice football played increasingly well, top marks.

12 hours ago, Iskaral Pust said:

Just that they lost one of their key attacking players and their manager — who were both viewed as performing strongly — but despite all that disruption the new manager got them scoring a lot more.

Got it.

I'm not sure if Maupay was a key attacking player for them, he (like any Brighton striker) scored way too little, but as a player he fit their system better, so he looked more at home within their game plan.

For us, he's completely the wrong kind of player.

23 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

I have a feeling the reason is more that he didn't want to introduce Garnacho and Pellistri at the same time and favoured Garnacho of the two rather than just doesn't rate Pellistri at all, but yeah. That he was also introducing his own favoured transfer Antony won't have helped Pellistri either. But he does need to loan him if he won't play more. And maybe he does just think he's shit, who knows.

I don't get how Elanga has been given opportunities instead of Pellistri. Pellistri at least has good technical abilities (and it's not as though he shirks in the work rate department either) whereas Elanga looks like another Chong to me - a player with poor technical skills who just runs around a lot. He must be as good in training as Roberto Martinez is in interviews.

I don't think Elanga has much of a future long-term, but he's pretty much a useful plug-in-and-play squad player who can function in need across all three forward positions, and he has good movement (which is where he differs from Chong, who's been headless chicken every time I see him). 

Like it is a bit weird that Pellistri didn't play at all till yesterday, but I don't think ETH sees them the same way. Pellistri's either gonna be a first teamer (and if he is, ETH's wasted 90mil on Antony, though obviously he shouldn't let that potential knock on his initial judgement make his decisions for him) or there's no point him hanging around. Elanga's a more attacking Lingard. 

Arsenal? Not much. Just the standard Mudryk rumour. However the rumored 90m € fee Donetsk seems to demand is the issue there. Good news is, that fee is prohibitive for otehr clubs like Leverkusen, who were after him for the last couple of windows.

5 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

We really should have too much for Southampton over 2 legs  don't rest anyone Eddie, I want a fucking trophy before I die. 

You watched your team win promotion and lift the Championship title twice already, isn't that enough?

Archived