Harry and Meghan. - This is NOT the Andrew Tate Thread.

Pebble thats Stubby

Harry and Megan, huh? I say they should stop all these meaningless artificial, processed and obvious publicity stunts in a pathetic tempt to engender sympathy from everyday people…AND change their surnames back to Saxe-Coburg and Gothe. 

6 minutes ago, SeanF said:

Harry and Meghan are about as popular in the UK as the current government.  Among voters aged over 40, they’re about as popular as the current government is in Scotland.

The government voted in by those same folks that begin frothing at the mere mention of Harry or Meghan.

Maybe the average UK voter is an absolute putz?

Is there more evidence required than the fallout from Brexit and the traveshamockery of a government since?

Just now, Week said:

The government voted in by those same folks that begin frothing at the mere mention of Harry or Meghan.

Maybe the average UK voter is an absolute putz?

Is there more evidence required than the fallout from Brexit and the traveshamockery of a government since?

Also H & M will aiffer a bit in that they’ll get negative votes from those who hate the monarchy, and those who love the monarchy

12 minutes ago, SeanF said:

Harry and Meghan are about as popular in the UK as the current government.  Among voters aged over 40, they’re about as popular as the current Tory government is in Scotland.

How has Charles/William/Royal family popularity been affected? 

58 minutes ago, SeanF said:

Harry and Meghan are about as popular in the UK as the current government.  Among voters aged over 40, they’re about as popular as the current Tory government is in Scotland.

I'd disagree here  

Most voters I know over 40 could not give much of a stuff about Harry and Meghan or any other royal.  But don't actively hate  them.  (baring Andrew).  Most are just board of the whole spat being on the news all the time.

But I don't know anyone that actually does not disapprove of the current Tory Government even among the "Urg, Labour  could not possibly every vote for them" crowd.  Its just no matter who or what is in charge of the Torries it has to be miles better than whatever Labour would have been like and will be.

I agree with @James Arryn that Harry & Meghan have basically become the Kardashians.  I have absolutely no interest in their incredibly self-involved profiteering. 

However, why anyone cares about their popularity/polling in the UK is hilarious to me.  They ditched the UK, and are now making millions off of doing so.  You sound like a spurned lover who can't get over it -- they're just not that into you!

I mean, if it's a choice between Harry/Meghan and the rest of the Royal family, I'll go with the former anytime. The latter just seem so concerned with image and protocol, as well as way out of touch with the rest of the world, particularly when it comes to race and maybe class too.

Though to be fair, it's usually the gatekeepers who are worse than the actual royalty, like that woman who was recently fired for making those racial comments. I can't imagine folks like her made Meghan's time miserable (she may also be a bit 'abrasive', but it's hardly cause for all this vitriol against her)

I think the interest in Harry and Meghan at least in the UK is a very large section love gossip and dishing the dirt and love watching car crashes of relationships of those who are rich and famous. 

The Bit that makes me go hmmm the most is Harry's claim he wants to heal the rift with his family while at the same time throwing a load of shit publicly.  That's not how you heal rifts that how you make them bigger.  

I'm not saying he has not cause and wants things to be addressed and acknowledged if the rift is to be healed, but if you want it healed you say these things privately.    Going Public and then claiming I want to heal the rift but they are no interested is making out you are the peacemaker and the rift if 100% the fault of others.  

13 minutes ago, Pebble thats Stubby said:

The Bit that makes me go hmmm the most is Harry's claim he wants to heal the rift with his family while at the same time throwing a load of shit publicly.  That's not how you heal rifts that how you make them bigger.  

Of course, that's blatantly not genuine.  He's profiting off the rift by filming his own perspective at the time. 

Still, I agree with IHT that if I have to choose a side, it's easily Harry & Meghan.  Their most serious/damaging complaints about at least implicit racism, as well as jealousy for their popularity and subsequent undermining/sabotaging, sound completely plausible to me and historically consistent with the behavior of "the firm."

If you couldn’t guess already, I hate the idea of a hereditary monarchy in general and the British one in particular.  H&M’s self-serving, performative, attention-seeking victimhood amid massive unearned privilege is certainly grating, but it’s basically a throbbing pimple on a tumor: it’s more noticeably annoying but hardly the greater evil.

But the aspect that annoys me most is the ongoing fawning fascination that many Americans seem to have with the British royal family.  Irish people have a much healthier attitude toward the Windsor cosplay.  The incidence of princess fantasy among Millennial women seems to be absolutely off the fucking charts based on how much I heard about both weddings.  I think the media should focus primarily on Prince Andrew as the most representative of the institution.

25 minutes ago, DMC said:

However, why anyone cares about their popularity/polling in the UK is hilarious to me.  They ditched the UK, and are now making millions off of doing so.  You sound like a spurned lover who can't get over it -- they're just not that into you!

Well if there is anyone who actually cares about their popularity in the UK.. it's H&M (btw, great name for them, a bit like the poor quality clothing store we have here, that or the Primark's of Sussex)

I mean the whole reason they keep appearing in the news and everyone keeps talking about them is because they continuously make it so.

Would anyone give a shit if they weren't plastering their faces everywhere and doing North Korean style propaganda Netflix shows.

Also worth checking out the segment in their documentary where they, and I'm only exaggerating a bit here, pretty much depict Brexit Britain as a Nazi hell hole full of drooling racists, to which poor innocent Meghan bravely steps in only to attacked by the vicious semi human Brits. In fact there are numerous bits in the doc that Putin himself would wince and go 'ooh I think that's taking things a bit far'. 

Either way, it's mostly funny how much of an own goal this has all proved to be, they both seem to be completely unaware of British sentiment towards all this moaning, especially when it all rings so hollow and false. I dunno, maybe it plays better in the US where attitudes are different and there is less cynicism, but over here it's blatantly obvious what they are trying to do. 

6 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

Well if there is anyone who actually cares about their popularity in the UK.. it's H&M (btw, great name for them, a bit like the poor quality clothing store we have here, that or the Primark's of Sussex)

I mean the whole reason they keep appearing in the news and everyone keeps talking about them is because they continuously make it so.

Would anyone give a shit if they weren't plastering their faces everywhere and doing North Korean style propaganda Netflix shows.

Also worth checking out the segment in their documentary where they, and I'm only exaggerating a bit here, pretty much depict Brexit Britain as a Nazi hell hole full of drooling racists, to which poor innocent Meghan bravely steps in only to attacked by the vicious semi human Brits. In fact there are numerous bits in the doc that Putin himself would wince and go 'ooh I think that's taking things a bit far'. 

Either way, it's mostly funny how much of an own goal this has all proved to be, they both seem to be completely unaware of British sentiment towards all this moaning, especially when it all rings so hollow and false. I dunno, maybe it plays better in the US where attitudes are different and there is less cynicism, but over here it's blatantly obvious what they are trying to do. 

Polling does matter.  They wanted to damage the Royal Family.  But, far from damaging the  standing of the Royal Family in the UK, they’ve only damaged their own.

They come over as a pair of spoiled, self-pitying twits.  If Harry had got his head blown off in Afghanistan, I doubt it would have made any difference to his behaviour.

1 minute ago, Heartofice said:

Either way, it's mostly funny how much of an own goal this has all proved to be, they both seem to be completely unaware of British sentiment towards all this moaning, especially when it all rings so hollow and false.

Yeah I'm sure they're both absolutely miserable living in their Montecito mansion, hanging out with celebrities, and completing their eight-figure contracts with multiple media companies.

Just now, DMC said:

Yeah I'm sure they're both absolutely miserable living in their Montecito mansion, hanging out with celebrities, and completing their eight-figure contracts with multiple media companies.

But didn't you see how owned they just got by a obsessed media-illiterate reactionary?? They shan't sleep well tonight methinks.

Archived