Harry and Meghan. - This is NOT the Andrew Tate Thread.

Pebble thats Stubby

35 minutes ago, DMC said:

K.  Doesn't change the fact I find that specific story implausible - and even if it did happen it wasn't really impugning the royal family, just Mountbatten being crazy.

Fine, we'll pool our resources and make a more plausible story, Elizabeth II: Werewolf Hunter.

40 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Fine, we'll pool our resources and make a more plausible story, Elizabeth II: Werewolf Hunter.

This of course is the natural sequel to Queen Victoria founding Torchwood after almost getting etted by Werewolves.

Someone call RTD.

Oof -- if Harry really did claim a kill count, that's unfortunate. Not only would it piss off the British military, but the Taliban's, too. Although I (mostly) doubt he risks violent retaliation, it's just too cringey and unseemly to broadcast.

He's still good people in my opinion, though  :grouphug:

31 minutes ago, Wade1865 said:

Oof -- if Harry really did claim a kill count, that's unfortunate. Not only would it piss off the British military, but the Taliban's, too. Although I (mostly) doubt he risks violent retaliation, it's just too cringey and unseemly to broadcast.

He's still good people in my opinion, though  /cdn-cgi/mirage/3147f740a2a3662aaaf85ff234cb03121a827026dfcb102b5b0e28261491ae61/1280/https://asoiaf.westeros.org/uploads/emoticons/default_grouphug.gif

What's that dude's deal? I don't follow nobles unless I'm about to eat them, general rule y'know?

But I can usually read your commentaries without vomiting blood from my tear ducts, so I don't know if there's like a three sentence explanation for this I'd appreciate it. I assume anything google shows me is the opening to an Alex Jones rabbit hole these days.

33 minutes ago, BBB Jacelyn said:

What's that dude's deal?

BBB Jacelyn -- that’s a good question; and well related to the Andrew Tate thread re masculinity. To answer your question briefly: war, women, and wealth (3W), and the compulsion to defend what’s his.

Detailed explanation. My take is that Harry’s sex- and combat-related claims are obscured boasts, intended to secure the esteem of others. Being above it all would have been the smart move given his place in society; but, even for him the 3Ws are trophies too important to leave undefended.

In the right circles and contexts, the boasts could reinforce comradeship, but not when broadcasted to the general public. His recent actions have only facilitated his steadily declining esteem.

15 minutes ago, Wade1865 said:

BBB Jacelyn -- that’s a good question; and well related to the Andrew Tate thread re masculinity. To answer your question briefly: war, women, and wealth (3W), and the compulsion to defend what’s his.

Detailed explanation. My take is that Harry’s sex- and combat-related claims are obscured boasts, intended to secure the esteem of others. Being above it all would have been the smart move given his place in society; but, even for him the 3Ws are trophies too important to leave undefended.

In the right circles and contexts, the boasts could reinforce comradeship, but not when broadcasted to the general public. His recent actions have only facilitated his steadily declining esteem.

Someone posted what are apparently the actual paragraphs about his deployment online and, not surprisingly, they are far more measured and thoughtful than the press headlines would suggest. Might be best to wait for the book, if you choose to read it, before casting judgement - at least on this issue. 

16 minutes ago, Wade1865 said:

I recall at some point seeing a 60 minutes spot (perhaps?) about him in Afghanistan, I think. The terrain looked like it could trouble the phalanx terribly, y'know what I mean? I don't recall much else about the thing except that I was simultaneously impressed with the Prince's willingness to risk life and limb in uniform and icked because of the whole piece in general.

I comprehend the argument that conspicuous service can galvanize more commonplace kind, and that that has its perks. And that even still any place that can outlast Alexander is no place a coward goes by choice. Still, I also know that there are degrees of courage and that 60 minutes(?) spot did not adequately inform me as to the Prince's.

Nah-mean?

5 minutes ago, BBB Jacelyn said:

I recall at some point seeing a 60 minutes spot (perhaps?) about him in Afghanistan, I think. The terrain looked like it could trouble the phalanx terribly, y'know what I mean? I don't recall much else about the thing except that I was simultaneously impressed with the Prince's willingness to risk life and limb in uniform and icked because of the whole piece in general.

I comprehend the argument that conspicuous service can galvanize more commonplace kind, and that that has its perks. And that even still any place that can outlast Alexander is no place a coward goes by choice. Still, I also know that there are degrees of courage and that 60 minutes(?) spot did not adequately inform me as to the Prince's.

Nah-mean?

BBB Jacelyn -- well-informed, as usual. I do like the man as well as Meghan and most of the others. What Harry accomplished over there is very respectable, imo.

6 minutes ago, Wade1865 said:

BBB Jacelyn -- well-informed, as usual. I do like the man as well as Meghan and most of the others. What Harry accomplished over there is very respectable, imo.

Yo, I'm of course suuupes jealous of Meghan. She's gorgeous and she gets a prince!?! Can't she at least have a bad nose or something? Anything!?! :bawl:

My jealousy combines with general loathing of nobility (it's nothin' personal, I'm just a fucking peasant dawg some prince come snap me up and that tune'll change real goddamn quick!) to produce a sort of vengeful envy against the woman. (I'm VERY fun) 

All in like good, impotent peasant cheer of course. I'm harmless. 

I can't imagine what kind of 10-on-the-richter-scale snobbish bullshit she had to endure from those fucking people. 

The media piece I saw about the Prince all those years ago told me almost nothing about him besides what I said already. But it is not untrue that everything I read about him having his wife's back against the Queenly crown of perfidious Albion itself absolutely did tell me quite a bit about him.

4 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

I need Harry to discuss how he walked in and found William getting pegged to fuck before I'm going to he really interested. 

I inquired after Wade for perspective. 

Son you're about to get interrogated for information. :P

52 minutes ago, Wade1865 said:

My take is that Harry’s sex- and combat-related claims are obscured boasts, intended to secure the esteem of others. Being above it all would have been the smart move given his place in society; but, even for him the 3Ws are trophies too important to leave undefended.

What the fuck does this even mean? 

I frankly don't give a shit about your combat experience and you using it as some type of trump card.  If you want to malign a person just do it, no one gives a fuck about "the right circles and contexts" which you're almost certainly making up.

With Harry and Meghan constant in my face articles and headlines its like im wondering if its leading to some substance?

What Im finding is theres no there, there. The headlines and articles are just trickle and drabs of empty content and narrative thats impossible for me to care over.

Just now, DireWolfSpirit said:

With Harry and Meghan constant in my face articles and headlines its like im wondering if its leading to some substance?

What Im finding is theres no there, there. The headlines and articles are just trickle and drabs of empty content and narrative thats impossible for me to care over.

Also called 

INTERNET: 2023

30 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

I need Harry to discuss how he walked in and found William getting pegged to fuck before I'm going to he really interested. 

I mean the ultimate resolution to this is that they just have to fuck each other, right?

2 minutes ago, DMC said:

What the fuck does this even mean? 

I frankly don't give a shit about your combat experience and you using it as some type of trump card.  If you want to malign a person just do it, no one gives a fuck about "the right circles and contexts" which you're almost certainly making up.

DMC -- hahah, wut? My combat experience is irrelevant, though why you’d bring it up says more about you than me. In fact, I’d encourage anyone without experience to discuss all topics related to warfare. If you feel I’ve been unfair to others, please quote me. I’d like to read it, if you can find it.

17 minutes ago, Wade1865 said:

DMC -- hahah, wut? My combat experience is irrelevant, though why you’d bring it up says more about you than me. In fact, I’d encourage anyone without experience to discuss all topics related to warfare. If you feel I’ve been unfair to others, please quote me. I’d like to read it, if you can find it.

I'm saying you're using your combat experience to cast aspersions on Harry.  Why and in what manner?  I don't fucking know your motives but the conduct is clear.  My response is directly in regard to your two posts saying this:

3 hours ago, Wade1865 said:

if Harry really did claim a kill count, that's unfortunate. Not only would it piss off the British military, but the Taliban's, too. Although I (mostly) doubt he risks violent retaliation, it's just too cringey and unseemly to broadcast.

And then, again, this:

1 hour ago, Wade1865 said:

My take is that Harry’s sex- and combat-related claims are obscured boasts, intended to secure the esteem of others. Being above it all would have been the smart move given his place in society; but, even for him the 3Ws are trophies too important to leave undefended.

If you don't see how that's shitting on Harry's record while posing as if you "know better" because of your own experience, I can't help you.  And this isn't the first time.  You play off your expertise and act as if others "just don't understand."  And then you obfuscate.  Maybe you learned that in the military, I dunno, but it's dumbass horseshit and I'm growing tired of it.

Going back to the Sussexs future media career, and the comparison to the Kardashians, I think there is some misunderstanding as to why the Kardashian’s is popular.

The assumption seems to be it’s the glamorous lifestyle that draws people in. But we know that’s not true, the reason people watch is because the family are a bunch of crazy lunatics who just happen to have a lot of money. It’s a modern day freak show, like most reality tv.

You go there to watch the insane craziness of Kim and her family , and the Kardashians are very aware of this and play up to it. There is always some level of drama going on, no matter how manufactured.

So now imagine whether Meghan is prepared to have herself depicted in a way that isn’t 100% flattering? Nope. Won’t happen. We’ve already seen every thing she has produced about herself and she likes to promote herself as the modern day Diana, purest of the pure, if she hasn’t any weaknesses it’s that she’s too nice! 

Who is going to want to watch that? Nobody. ‘Oh look in this episode Harry and Meghan invite around Serena Williams to discuss how pretty Meghan is’ .. riveting.

In the UK we don’t have the Kardashians, we have … Katie Price. A walking lifestyle disaster who crashes from one poor decision to another, divorce and marriage, divorce and marriage. She is also someone howver who has worked out what people want when it comes to reality tv, it’s gossip and scandal and people they can sort of hate.. but watch at the same time. She’s taken her life to the extreme in this regard.

No way are you getting drama or gossip in any future H&M production. They have just shot their load and have run out of ammo. All they had was scandal aimed at the royal family , that’s why people are watching, not because of them as people. 

So unless they can suddenly think of something else that people might watch or Meghan can somehow become an amazing author, they are more likely to be forgotten about in a few years, and the money will start drying up.

Then who knows what happens. Divorce? Will Meghan go look for her new Prince / Mug? Will Harry need to go come back cap in hand begging to be let back into Windsor? We’ll see

6 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

So unless they can suddenly think of something else that people might watch or Meghan can somehow become an amazing author, they are more likely to be forgotten about in a few years, and the money will start drying up.

Then who knows what happens. Divorce? Will Meghan go look for her new Prince / Mug? Will have need to go come back cap in hand begging to be let back into Windsor? We’ll see

This is precisely why your argument about them is always going to be wrong - even if you're right about everything else.  If they run out of cash and want to break up, a divorce will be the perfect way to make them even more money.  Like, how long did it take Kim to dump poor Kris Humphries?  It was months, right?  That dude could have been a good 8th or 9th player on a NBA contender, but he never came back from that!

5 minutes ago, DMC said:

This is precisely why your argument about them is always going to be wrong - even if you're right about everything else.  If they run out of cash and want to break up, a divorce will be the perfect way to make them even more money.  Like, how long did it take Kim to dump poor Kris Humphries?  It was months, right?  That dude could have been a good 8th or 9th player on a NBA contender, but he never came back from that!

Are you even thinking when you type stuff?

Kardashians whole brand is based on them being total fuck ups, they are a clown show. They can get away with bad marriages and divorces, in fact it’s good for their brand, keeps people watching.

The Sussex’s brand , if they even have one, is basically perfection. It’s airbrushed to the point of being a soft haze. 

They will never show genuine drama or tension within their relationship because that would imply weakness or flaws. You would never actually get in to see the real Harry and Meghan. 

And even if they did get divorced, on the off chance Meghan is so strapped for cash she feels the need to film it, then what? They manage to film one season, there’s nothing after that. 

Again, the whole point with reality tv is that it’s a freak show, you go to watch the freaks doing dumb stuff, if they are rich then all the better. No chance is Meghan prepared to put herself in that category. Her interviews and documentary have already shown what we can expect, a highly edited and sanitised version of their lives that makes them look as perfect as possible, that is not an ingredient for tv success.

Archived