Harry and Meghan. - This is NOT the Andrew Tate Thread.

Pebble thats Stubby

1 minute ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

He’s apparently into pegging. Kate isnt, hence why he’s been looking elsewhere. Including allegedly Kate’s former best friend.

Few years ago there was apparently an injunction to stop the English press reportong on the alleged affair, instead smearing Harry/Meghan. 

Oh shit, that's real? I thought it was a joke! 

I feel bad for laughing at him now. What a motherfucker puts up his ass IRL is between him and the symmetries of his sphincter(s) 

I just thought it was all lols

5 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

I’m responding to the idea that Meghan knows all about creating media due to her successful career as an actress.

No one is suggesting this.  You are making this assertion up as an excuse to just shit on her and Harry.  It is blatant and pathetic.  And there's absolutely no "logic" to it.

10 minutes ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

He’s apparently into pegging. Kate isnt, hence why he’s been looking elsewhere. Including allegedly Kate’s former best friend.

Few years ago there was apparently an injunction to stop the English press reportong on the alleged affair, instead smearing Harry/Meghan. 

Being pegged, or doing the pegging?

3 hours ago, DMC said:

Meghan Markle - a woman that persisted long enough to actually break into Hollywood her entire adult life - wouldn't understand how reality TV and subsequent media appeal works.  She does, more than you or me. 

So what are you trying to say here? You are making claims about her knowledge of media appeal based on her career.. but it’s pretty baseless because not only are the two things not really related, she didn’t really have much success as an actress 

28 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

So what are you trying to say here? You are making claims about her knowledge of media appeal based on her career.. but it’s pretty baseless because not only are the two things not really related, she didn’t really have much success as an actress 

I'm basing it on her success in first, yes, making it in Hollywood.  You keep on acting as if Suits was a "soap" or something.  It wasn't.  I never watched it and never will but it factually was not a soap in any reasonable understanding of the term.  Soaps air in the afternoon.  Suits was a successful show over nine seasons wherein she appeared in most episodes up until the seventh season.  And it aired at 9 to 10 pm.  So, you're just brazenly wrong there.

But more importantly, you are just plainly and pathetically wrong about her understanding of the media.  Harry and Meghan have plainly captured their audience.  You are one of them!  What's her media appeal?  You seriously gonna ask me that?  It's you!  And all the other dumbshits that are internet-angry about their success.  It's absolutely hilarious you don't realize that.  Controversy sells.  That's..not a very controversial statement.

29 minutes ago, DMC said:

I'm basing it on her success in first, yes, making it in Hollywood.  You keep on acting as if Suits was a "soap" or something.  It wasn't.  I never watched it and never will but it factually was not a soap in any reasonable understanding of the term.  Soaps air in the afternoon.  Suits was a successful show over nine seasons wherein she appeared in most episodes up until the seventh season.  And it aired at 9 to 10 pm.  So, you're just brazenly wrong there.

Well unlike you I HAVE watched Suits and my comment about it being a soap is based on its quality. It’s not high drama, it’s a dressed up soapy kind of melodrama with nice clothes and pretty desks. It’s hardly full of acting masterclasses and Markle herself is pretty unremarkable. Also she did nothing worth mentioning prior to that or after with her acting career. Take from that what you want. 

29 minutes ago, DMC said:

But more importantly, you are just plainly and pathetically wrong about her understanding of the media.  Harry and Meghan have plainly captured their audience.  You are one of them!  What's her media appeal?  You seriously gonna ask me that?  It's you!  And all the other dumbshits that are internet-angry about their success.  It's absolutely hilarious you don't realize that.  Controversy sells.  That's..not a very controversial statement.

You say this with such confidence and rage but you don’t back it up with anything other than more insults. I’ve given plenty of reasons why I don’t believe she will have a long lived media presence after her kiss and tell docudrama stops airing, you’ve given back literally nothing. Just angry rants. Do you have any reasoning behind your argument? Like do you read your own comments and think ‘hmm yeah I answered that question’

20 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

Well unlike you I HAVE watched Suits and my comment about it being a soap is based on its quality. It’s not high drama, it’s a dressed up soapy kind of melodrama with nice clothes and pretty desks. It’s hardly full of acting masterclasses and Markle herself is pretty unremarkable. Also she did nothing worth mentioning prior to that or after with her acting career. Take from that what you want. 

Ah.  Sorry if I prefer basic facts over your obviously biased opinion, but I think I'll stick with the former.

20 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

You say this with such confidence and rage but you don’t back it up with anything other than more insults.

No, it's backed up by the all the money they've made.  Do you really need me to cite it again?  Or are you finally going to stop pretending and admit you are obviously, empirically wrong about their success?

3 hours ago, Heartofice said:

Lol, I’m not sure that is really an answer is it? It amounts to ‘Trust in the Holy Meghan’ to know best.

She doesn't have to know best, she just knows better than you, whose facile analysis of fame in this vacuous age is that the Kardashians built a ubiquitous commercial empire on the "freakshow" dynamic. If freakshow-based fame was that robust and sustainable, Honey Boo-boo would have a perfume line.

People don't buy clothes and makeup from freakshows. Freakshows don't get Pepsi commercials. I have for a long time been absolutely aghast about what the popularity of that family says about our culture, but they clearly have figured out how to monetize their fame, and they have clearly gotten a lot of people to buy in to their empty, hideous branding.

I don't know if what Meghan Markle is doing is clumsy and deranged or fourth-dimensional chess, but I think she has a better idea what she's doing than you and your overweening hatred for her.

3 minutes ago, DMC said:

No, it's backed up by the all the money they've made.  Do you really need me to cite it again?  Or are you finally going to stop pretending and admit you are obviously, empirically wrong about their success?

What is your point? That Netflix are willing to throw money at royal members who want to expose their linen for the world to see? Does that show any ability on their part to be ‘media savvy’? How does that help them continue to make tv shows and the like afterwards when there is nothing left to expose? How long will that money last them? Do you think it is enough to sustain their lifestyle forever? 

3 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

People don't buy clothes and makeup from freakshows. Freakshows don't get Pepsi commercials. I have for a long time been absolutely aghast about what the popularity of that family says about our culture, but they clearly have figured out how to monetize their fame, and they have clearly gotten a lot of people to buy in to their empty, hideous branding.

Well i agree, the Kardashian’s are actually very smart and know how to work off their brand and exploit it. There is plenty of evidence of that. But their ability to do the perfume shit is based sex tapes and being a clown family.

3 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

How long will that money last them? Do you think it is enough to sustain their lifestyle forever? 

Um, yes, I think the 100 million dollar Netflix deal should be sufficient.  Along with all the other deals reported here.  How much money exactly do you think they need before you admit their move was profitable?

12 minutes ago, DMC said:

Um, yes, I think the 100 million dollar Netflix deal should be sufficient.  Along with all the other deals reported here.  How much money exactly do you think they need before you admit their move was profitable?

What they actually get from these deals isn’t really clear but it won’t be the full amount and no it probably wouldn’t last them for the rest of their life if they want to live the life they are accustomed to

https://www.radiotimes.com/tv/documentaries/harry-meghan-netflix-deal-worth/amp/

However, despite reports of a whopping deal, in May 2022, a report claimed the duo had only received "a couple of million" so far.

“Sure they may have a couple of million in an advanced development deal to produce ideas, concepts and film pilots, but they have not been handed $100m.

“In reality those sums would be handed over to cover the entire production cost of the project, with Archewell providing a breakdown on fees for all aspects of the making of the show. Included in that would be a broad understanding of the profits too for the company."

1 minute ago, Heartofice said:

What they actually get from these deals isn’t really clear but it won’t be the full amount and no it probably wouldn’t last them for the rest of their life if they want to live the life they are accustomed to

This is just pathetic grasping at straws.  What about their publishing deals?  Or Spotify?  Are you gonna find some link to damage that too?  Or just admit you were wrong.  Fuckers made bank.  Deal with it.

I feel like this needs to be restated again and again. Meghan. Markle. Is. Not. That. Interesting. All she did after she started to date Harry was talk about race and racism in a pretty normal fashion for a black woman from America and Harry was like, "You know what, I agree, and I probably grew up in a bigoted fashion." The implication being the royal family promotes bigotry, which, brace yourselves, it has. That's when shit went sideways. 

3 minutes ago, DMC said:

This is just pathetic grasping at straws.  What about their publishing deals?  Or Spotify?  Are you gonna find some link to damage that too?  Or just admit you were wrong.  Fuckers made bank.  Deal with it.

Lol, how is it grasping? It’s facts. They don’t get all that money, it’s to make programmes with and it’s based on future projects, which Netflix have already cancelled one of. That blows a pretty big hole in your theory. Same with many of these deals. It doesn’t mean they bank it all.

Harrys publishing deal is basically useless to him and he’s promised money to charity

Maybe just stop now yeah?

8 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

Probably because you didn't get bummed at Eton.

I suppose it was considered “character-forming.”

Actually, I’m struck how many of my contemporaries have tales to tell of casual child abuse at their schools.

Archived