Harry and Meghan. - This is NOT the Andrew Tate Thread.

Pebble thats Stubby

3 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Not trying to give you financial advise, but personally I'd opt for a less expensive property so I can shop at more high end stores and improve QoL elsewhere. To each their own. I don't think I'll ever need a super expensive place and I'd rather save some of that money to see the world. I believe that would make me a rich man in its own way.

Could average 100 with Carter on the Dreamcast. Just dunk it a few times and then he barely ever missed. When he was tired you brought in T-Mac and just did the same thing. Loved the Raptors as a kid. One of the best logos in sports too.

But your championship was bullshit and you know it.

I didn't pay almost $1M for it, it has massively appreciated in value, but thanks.  It is not a 'super expensive' place, it is what I would call a middle class urban neighborhood, that is now 'hip' in a now hip city. 

Anyway, back to Harry and Meghan, so no one but me finds it extremely weird that Harry sleeps with a box of his dead mother's hair by his bed, believes she communicated with him through a psychic and that she's 'present' in his life and sending him messages from the beyond?  As in, maybe this is not a person who should be telling anyone anything about good mental health.  He seems kinda unstable to me, and that is based on his own recounting of things

5 minutes ago, SeanF said:

Probably, also, British and American views of what constitutes “rich” are different.

We’d probably say net wealth of £1m is rich, but it’s not really.  13% of the population have that net wealth. £1m means an average house in London, plus a decent-sized pension.

I was just going to say this, a large chunk of the pensioners in the UK are sitting on some homes worth over £1m, all because they were born at a time where it was easier to buy a home. 
The housing market has distorted people’s sense of wealth

1 minute ago, Cas Stark said:

I didn't pay almost $1M for it, it has massively appreciated in value, but thanks.  It is not a 'super expensive' place, it is what I would call a middle class urban neighborhood, that is now 'hip' in a now hip city. 

Which is usually the case. The point is you don't exactly sound that happy having what I think most would consider to be a very, very nice place, and I'm just talking about people who can afford to buy a house these days. Most Americans will never own anything close to a home that nice. 

And as always needs to be noted, first world problems. 

2 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Anyway, back to Harry and Meghan, so no one but me finds it extremely weird that Harry sleeps with a box of his dead mother's hair by his bed, believes she communicated with him through a psychic and that she's 'present' in his life and sending him messages from the beyond?  As in, maybe this is not a person who should be telling anyone anything about good mental health.  He seems kinda unstable to me, and that is based on his own recounting of things

Psychologists pretty much agree that grief is dealt with differently by different people and that it doesn’t need to seem rational to anyone else. In short, w/e works for you provided you aren’t causing harm, there’s no right or wrong way to deal with it.

Trying to communicate through mediums et al to me just speaks of the deep pain and loss of a severed connection, and an understandable if imo likely fruitless attempt to feel that connection again.

It’s certainly no less rationale than professing a belief that there is an invisible supreme being who cares more about one country than others, but if you disqualified every American politician who regularly states just that you’d have almost none. 

5 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

I cannot believe the number of people in London who live in shitty little boxes in shitty parts of town, worth 1 million plus, who dont sell up and move somewhere else. Blows my mind. 

I live in Luton, generally considered the grottiest big town in the South East.

I have a four bed semi, with an extension, and half acre garden, with stunning countryside on my doorstep, worth what would get me a little box in London.

I’ve no regrets about moving out of the capital.

9 minutes ago, James Arryn said:

Psychologists pretty much agree that grief is dealt with differently by different people and that it doesn’t need to seem rational to anyone else. In short, w/e works for you provided you aren’t causing harm, there’s no right or wrong way to deal with it.

Trying to communicate through mediums et al to me just speaks of the deep pain and loss of a severed connection, and an understandable if imo likely fruitless attempt to feel that connection again.

It’s certainly no less rationale than professing a belief that there is an invisible supreme being who cares more about one country than others, but if you disqualified every American politician who regularly states just that you’d have almost none. 

The difference is, the politician is only saying it for effect.  Harry apparently truly believes his dead mother is in contact.  I get that most people on this board hate religion, but organized religion and repeating dogma is not the same as believing that Your Dead Mother Is Talking To You Right Now.

I agree that Harry, despite years of therapy and enough money to hire the very best professionals, appears never to have gotten any closure around his mother's death.

There is also a passage in the book where he talks about taking Meg to Althorp to visit Diana's grave, where she, according to him, went to the ground, put her hands on the stones, seeking 'guidance'.

You could read that I suppose that they are two new age spiritualists well matched.  Or you might, just possibly, wonder if she was using his mental issues to advantage.  Just maybe.

4 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

The difference is, the politician is only saying it for effect.  Harry apparently truly believes his dead mother is in contact.  I get that most people on this board hate religion, but organized religion and repeating dogma is not the same as believing that Your Dead Mother Is Talking To You Right Now.

I agree that Harry, despite years of therapy and enough money to hire the very best professionals, appears never to have gotten any closure around his mother's death.

There is also a passage in the book where he talks about taking Meg to Althorp to visit Diana's grave, where she, according to him, went to the ground, put her hands on the stones, seeking 'guidance'.

You could read that I suppose that they are two new age spirituals or you might, just possibly, wonder if she was using his mental issues to advantage.  Just maybe.

One could also look on it as being supportive.

8 hours ago, Heartofice said:

The other part of why she gets my goat, is that she just represents pretty much everything wrong with modern millenniel thinking. 
She's self aggrandising, she lies continuously, she pulls out the race card whenever she gets even a modicum of criticism, she has a history of treating the people she works with and her family like dirt but tries to project a spotless image, she blames others for her issues. She pretends to be down to earth and normal whilst seeming to NEED luxury and expensive stuff, she makes vacuous and empty gestures towards progressive causes as a way of making herself look better. Thats not even talking about the way to which I believe she has manipulated people in her life emotionally to get what she wants.

Yes I think she is a trash person. If I talk about it, its only because everyone else seems to be just buy her bullshit and eat it all up like a good little boy. 

I think with only the slightest objectivity, this description could apply to the majority of the Royals, maybe minus the race card bit mentioned.

Just observing none of the rest are superior or anything.

5 minutes ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

I think with only the slightest objectivity, this description could apply to the majority of the Royals, maybe minus the race card bit mentioned.

Just observing none of the rest are superior or anything.

Not a totally unfair comment, I’d say the difference is that the royals have learnt to try and keep their opinions to themselves and say as little as possible and not court the limelight, because if they did it will backfire. Meghan and Harry appear to have not understood that lesson

1 hour ago, Cas Stark said:

There's family precedent for it. Processing trauma in slightly unusual ways, that is. Harry's great great great great grandmother slept with a plaster cast of her dead husband's hand, and I think was buried with it. 

But yes, the thing with the psychic is quite bananas from my perspective (denizen of a board that despite its fantasy fiction raison d'etre, is strongly materialist in the views of most of its members) though is probably a more widespread type of superstition in the UK and USA than is generally realised if you spend your whole life away from those circles. 

3 minutes ago, dog-days said:

There's family precedent for it. Processing trauma in slightly unusual ways, that is. Harry's great great great great grandmother slept with a plaster cast of her dead husband's hand, and I think was buried with it. 

But yes, the thing with the psychic is quite bananas from my perspective (denizen of a board that is despite its fantasy fiction raison d'etre, is strongly materialist in the views of most of its members) though is probably a more widespread type of superstition in the UK and USA than is generally realised if you spend your whole life away from those circles. 

Yes, I'm pretty sure she was burried with it.  Queen V wasn't really much of a poster child for good mental health either, or for that matter the whole Windsor family going back throughout the 20th century.  The post saying that Queen Elizabeth II was the exception and not the rule, in terms of personal behavior, scandal, etc., is correct.

49 minutes ago, James Arryn said:

How many of us have dear ones who lost beloved partners, children, parents, who have hung on to something very personal to them for years and years, particularly if it is something like a sweater which might retain the pleasant scents we have always associated with those persons?

There are a shocking number of people these days who are so filled with hated and anger, who have never experienced love at all, thus can't understand the long-standing expressions, of sorrow, even after moving on, and being happy even.

1 hour ago, James Arryn said:

‘We’re all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.’ O.W.

...relevant, but a hell of a pitiful sentiment

1 hour ago, James Arryn said:

‘We’re all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.’ O.W.

We are not.

11 minutes ago, Zorral said:

How many of us have dear ones who lost beloved partners, children, parents, who have hung on to something very personal to them for years and years, particularly if it is something like a sweater which might retain the pleasant scents we have always associated with those persons?

I think im the anomaly to this. Ive had relatives leave me keepsakes that i cannot bare having in eyesight without getting depressed or majorly annoyed and triggered.

Its too much of a reminder of death for me, its actually a irritant.

1 hour ago, Zorral said:

Like father, like son.

Exactly.  But it's not genetics good or bad (as they not so secretly believe), but privilege that corrupts.  Charlie was quoted as saying about Camilla back in the day, that he wasn't going to be first Prince of Wales in a hundred years not to have a mistress.  If he knew a little more history, he would know how stupid (and arrogant) a claim it was.  But no, we see the same pattern over and over again.    

The one thing William had going for him was that he seemed to have the sobriety and dullness required of a king.  But he's a spoiled little man-child after all who beats up his little brother when he can't control his temper.  

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

But your championship was bullshit and you know it.

Ironically, I went from being credentialed for Raps games/events to pretty checked out by the time they won…years of getting to know the organization from ~ inside had eroded my faith, though I loved the MU hire, plus I was on the road for like 10 months that year, Europe and Asia, so checked out generally. I had mixed feelings about acquiring KL…positive because they finally recognized the absolute need for superstars, negative because no one that I could remember had made it plain where they were going as soon as they were free agents as much as KL did. In the end most fans probably think it was worth it, but as I missed out on it I don’t have strong feelings either way. Their winning game was played while I was flying back from Tokyo and I didn’t know they’d won until we touched down in Vancouver (for a much longer layover that intended) and the buzz went around the plane.

It was a very weird feeling, like finding out the ex you’d given up on had finally achieved their dream without you, only to see it fall apart months later. 

27 minutes ago, BBB Jacelyn said:

We are not.

You’re assuming, among other things, that he’s saying we’re all in the same gutter. Anyways, in this case he was talking about aesthetic beauty, so as mentioned only tangentially related, but I maintain it’s a fantastic line, one of the best by one of the best. Also, different play, but Algernon was my favourite comedic role, so I’m biased. 

22 minutes ago, James Arryn said:

Ironically, I went from being credentialed for Raps games/events to pretty checked out by the time they won…years of getting to know the organization from ~ inside had eroded my faith, though I loved the MU hire, plus I was on the road for like 10 months that year, Europe and Asia, so checked out generally. I had mixed feelings about acquiring KL…positive because they finally recognized the absolute need for superstars, negative because no one that I could remember had made it plain where they were going as soon as they were free agents as much as KL did. In the end most fans probably think it was worth it, but as I missed out on it I don’t have strong feelings either way. Their winning game was played while I was flying back from Tokyo and I didn’t know they’d won until we touched down in Vancouver (for a much longer layover that intended) and the buzz went around the plane.

It was a very weird feeling, like finding out the ex you’d given up on had finally achieved their dream without you, only to see it fall apart months later. 

Lol, I'm just fucking with you. Enjoy the chip even if it's a super weird one before you apply your own experience. 

Also, Meghan mentored Typhoid Mary. 

Archived