Harry and Meghan. - This is NOT the Andrew Tate Thread.

Pebble thats Stubby

3 hours ago, Gaston de Foix said:

Guys, I'm reading Spare and it's ....really well-written.  I'm sure it's the ghostwriter's art, but this is not a quickly dashed off book. 

The ghostwriter got paid a milion $ or £ I believe.

The book is fastest selling non-fiction book ever apparently. Suck it!

https://news.sky.com/story/prince-harrys-book-spare-is-fastest-selling-non-fiction-book-ever-12783843

15 minutes ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

Alright. Step One of operation Is Our Children Reading looks complete... get them to possess a book

Now comes the real dance, folks. We gotta teach these savages what letters are and how they cooperate to perform communicative feats from across time and space.

The ideas box is open. 

6 hours ago, Heartofice said:

Oh god, I think those those comments about his mental health might be on the money. 

4 hours ago, Liffguard said:

I mean...he's not wrong

Nah. He's being too kind by half. I love that he denied her the actual name drop though. I'm also beginning to understand Piers Morgan et al's reaction to the book. These assholes are all friends. 

1 hour ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

The ghostwriter got paid a milion $ or £ I believe.

https://news.sky.com/story/prince-harrys-book-spare-is-fastest-selling-non-fiction-book-ever-12783843

Did anyone tell Piers? You know his reaction isn't good.

See what I mean about this being a business? 

I struggle to understand the difference between Thomas Markle releasing his daughter's letter to him as being a relationship crushing invasion of privacy, and Harry releasing Kate Middleton's tweets as somehow, something different and not a relationship destroying invasion of privacy.  

Apparently he also confirms that more than one staff member 'slumped over their desk and wept' but takes no blame for this.  It was William's fault for making bad hires, or some shit.  Not his fault.  Not Meghan's fault.  Maybe it was the fault of the press, or some shit.

20 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

I struggle to understand the difference between Thomas Markle releasing his daughter's letter to him as being a relationship crushing invasion of privacy, and Harry releasing Kate Middleton's tweets as somehow, something different and not a relationship destroying invasion of privacy.  

Tweets? Did you mean tears?

29 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

I'm not that well-versed in royal family drama, so I don't know exactly the letter and tweets you talk about here, but speaking in general I'd say letters are by default between the sender and the recipient which is significantly different than tweets that are publicly available for anyone with an account on one of the biggest social media out there.

If anyone ever considered tweets private, they should've learnt that lesson when Kevin Hart was removed as Oscar host years ago at the latest.

3 minutes ago, baxus said:

I'm not that well-versed in royal family drama, so I don't know exactly the letter and tweets you talk about here, but speaking in general I'd say letters are by default between the sender and the recipient which is significantly different than tweets that are publicly available for anyone with an account on one of the biggest social media out there.

If anyone ever considered tweets private, they should've learnt that lesson when Kevin Hart was removed as Oscar host years ago at the latest.

Sorry, I mispoke. Texts. Not tweets.

8 minutes ago, baxus said:

Ok, that changes things. It's definitely an invasion of privacy then.

Like aside, it is well-known and undeniable that the family uses... asymmetric efforts... to induce pain and incentivize docility 

I find it hard to believe that if the Prince Harold or his superior American wife had sent any kind of private message that could be effectively used against them without undue backsplash on the 'family' that it would have been used long ago 

6 minutes ago, BBB Jacelyn said:

Like aside, it is well-known and undeniable that the family uses... asymmetric efforts... to induce pain and incentivize docility 

I find it hard to believe that if the Prince Harold or his superior American wife had sent any kind of private message that could be effectively used against them without undue backsplash on the 'family' that it would have been used long ago 

Yup.

Fair play.

4 minutes ago, BBB Jacelyn said:

And if their family revealed texts from private communication then that would be an invasion of privacy just as much.

1 hour ago, Cas Stark said:

Harry releasing Kate Middleton's tweets as somehow, something different and not a relationship destroying invasion of privacy. 

I mean, isn't this inherent in the premise of his book?  Obviously by its nature he's "invading the privacy" of the royals at least in regards to their private interactions with Harry and Meghan.

Anyway I don't actually follow any of this shit outside of this thread, so mind dropping a link on what the texts entailed for context?

8 minutes ago, DMC said:

I mean, isn't this inherent in the premise of his book?  Obviously by its nature he's "invading the privacy" of the royals at least in regards to their private interactions with Harry and Meghan.

Anyway I don't actually follow any of this shit outside of this thread, so mind dropping a link on what the texts entailed for context?

It's texts about the dumb flower girl dresses debacle.  

https://www.harpersbazaar.com/celebrity/latest/a42443931/prince-harry-text-kate-middleton-meghan-markle-spare/

The Daily Mail has them as 'texts' so it makes it easier to read, but I assume that would be considered a non credible outlet on here.  They [DM]  also dug up the tailor mentioned in the texts today, because of course they did.  He says his staff spend 4 days working until 4am to fix all of the girls' dresses...so, while it may have been mean girlish on Kate's part, it sounds like the dresses [from Givenchy I might add], were not up to it and did need a big refit.

But still, so so petty.  And I thought that when people apologized and you accepted the apology you would be expected to not be dragging them about it 5 years later.

6 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

But still, so so petty.  And I thought that when people apologized and you accepted the apology you would be expected to not be dragging them about it 5 years later.

So, he's not supposed to include anecdotes about his own life in an autobiography? 

I'm not super familiar on all the details but my understanding is that the texts were used as proof to rebut a narrative that had already been put out there and that the royal family refused to do anything about. 

7 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

So, he's not supposed to include anecdotes about his own life in an autobiography? 

I'm not super familiar on all the details but my understanding is that the texts were used as proof to rebut a narrative that had already been put out there and that the royal family refused to do anything about. 

They already rebutted that narrative in the Oprah interview.  The texts were included to make Kate Middleton look like a bitch. Maybe she is a bitch.  But, she was right about the dresses not fitting as per the tailor who is now also in the story.

In hindsight, I'm sure if the palace anticipated that Meg and Harry would still be holding a massive grudge over the fitting of flower girl dresses and some snippy texts 5 years later they would have issued a statement about wedding misunderstandings and emotions or whatever.  In reality, it isn't possible or smart for famous people to try and address every single story about them, right or wrong, no matter how trivial.  It would make them crazy.....which it isn't unreasonable to wonder if obsessing over every single story about them hasn't been damaging to H & M.

They also gave a different version of this earth shaking incident to Omid Scobie who wrote Finding Freedom, in which the story was that no one cried.  So go figure.

What I love most about this entire affair is the fact that it is the anti-woke mob who are driving the H&M brand right now. And to such heights. In their thousands, they are taking to the airwaves and the comments sections and the messageboards, to vent their impotence and fury.

And the higher Harry and Meghan's popularity rises, the angrier they become.

But what these people do not seem to understand is that it is they who are doing this. They are the ones pouring petrol on the flames of Harry and Meghan's celebrity.

And 'Fastest Selling Non-Fiction Book Of All Time' sounds very much to me like it will render all the gammony sneering as to whether they are just 'rich' or fuck-off rich completely moot. They are going to make millions and millions and millions.

I hope Harry is laughing at the cretins who bought his book so they could post screenshots to social media, along with their hilarious commentary. Yeah, I hope he is laughing hard at these twats.

And, years from now, when Harry and Meghan look back, from atop their pile of gold, I hope they privately raise a glass to Piers Morgan and Jeremy Clarkson, and all their butt-hurt bleating.

For it was these pathetic man-children who ultimately gave these kids the keys to their golden kingdom.

Archived