Harry and Meghan. - This is NOT the Andrew Tate Thread.

Pebble thats Stubby

8 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

And they just left him there, lying in the dirt, because why let the health and wellbeing of your citizen soldiers interrupt Queenie's birthday celebrations.

Get these fucking parasitic cunts in the bin ASAP. 

He was lying in the dirt for 3 seconds. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDp9u5IhTxE

1 minute ago, Heartofice said:

Sure, but APART from rushing over to help him, bringing in a stretcher and taking him off to a medical facility... what did they actually do! Parasites!

Well, it did take three entire seconds before the woman rushes out to take take his pulse and the two guys rush out with the stretcher.  So, yeah, parasites.

2 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

Parasites should have hired faster nurses. It's outrageous.

I kind of loved how British it seemed that the three medics who came out tried to maintain their composure, get him off as fast as possible without looking like they were in a panic, and that the woman remembered to grab his hat.

Just now, Spockydog said:

Imagine simping for people who wouldn't even shake you by the hand unless wearing gloves. 

They call people like us Untouchables. 

They go out every fucking week to touch the Untouchables, come on.  That's their actual job(s) such as it is, when they're not hanging out at the palace or waivingfrom the balcony.

It's fine if you hate the monarchy/royal family/aristocrats, but maybe try to keep some perspective and accuracy going.

7 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

They go out every fucking week to touch the Untouchables, come on.  That's their actual job(s) such as it is, when they're not hanging out at the palace or waivingfrom the balcony.

It's fine if you hate the monarchy/royal family/aristocrats, but maybe try to keep some perspective and accuracy going.

Okay then. Show me a picture, any picture, of Queenie on walkabout, shaking gloveless hands with a pleb. Because I cannot find any. 

And no, heads of state and other members of the ruling class don't count. 

4 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

Okay then. Show me a picture, any picture, of Queenie on walkabout, shaking gloveless hands with a pleb. Because I cannot find any. 

And no, heads of state and other members of the ruling class don't count. 

I can show you a dozen or if I spent the time dozens upon dozens of photos of Kate, Charles, Camilla and William shaking hands with the public.  I don't know if Anne wears gloves or not, I think not, but maybe she does.  The old lady always wore gloves, so I guess you've got me there.  It wasn't her having grown up in the 30s, in the time when all women wore gloves, but it was her deep seated hatred of the British people.  Alrighty then.

3 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

I can show you a dozen or if I spent the time dozens upon dozens of photos of Kate, Charles, Camilla and William shaking hands with the public.  I don't know if Anne wears gloves or not, I think not, but maybe she does.  The old lady always wore gloves, so I guess you've got me there.  It wasn't her having grown up in the 30s, in the time when all women wore gloves, but it was her deep seated hatred of the British people.  Alrighty then.

I wouldn’t say it's hatred, more an annointed-by-God disgust. 

Annointed-by-God. LOL. 

7 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

I thought we weren't supposed to mock people's beliefs and traditions [that we think are stupid/backwards] any more?

It's not God's fault they dragged him into this nonsense. And it's 2023, the entire institution is stupid and backwards.

Remember, we are talking about a system based on who had the the deadliest army. Hundreds of fucking years ago.

ETA: This is fun. Imma update my bio.

Just now, Spockydog said:

It's not God's fault they dragged him into this nonsense. In 2023, the entire institution is stupid and backwards.

Remember, we are talking about a system based on who had the the deadliest army hundr4eds of fucking years ago.

I'd say archaic.  But, sure, of course all of the weirdo rituals are just that weird relics from a past when monarchs had actual power and when almost everyone agreed and believed in the divine right of kings.  But, so what?

I would say, and I'm sure you disagree, that rituals and traditions are good.  They bind people/communities/country's together.  They provide something that everyone can partake in regardless of their personal likes and interests.  When you lose those things, you are losing something that is real and valuable.

When the monarchy is de coupled from the government, what will you feel you gained?  The Windors will still be rich aristocrats, and it will be really, really complicated to legally determine who gets what between the Windsors and the state. 

I'd say archaic.  But, sure, of course all of the weirdo rituals are just that weird relics from a past when monarchs had actual power and when almost everyone agreed and believed in the divine right of kings.  But, so what?

I would say, and I'm sure you disagree, that rituals and traditions are good.  They bind people/communities/country's together.  They provide something that everyone can partake in regardless of their personal likes and interests.  When you lose those things, you are losing something that is real and valuable.

When the monarchy is de coupled from the government, what will you feel you gained?  The Windors will still be rich aristocrats, and it will be really, really complicated to legally determine who gets what between the Windsors and the state. 

What these particular weirdo rituals do, more than anything, is perpetuate the fucked up class system in this country.

How anyone believes that having a bunch of rich, inbred poshos lording it over everybody else is beyond me.

Are you even British?

1 minute ago, Spockydog said:

What these particular weirdo rituals do, more than anything, is perpetuate the fucked up class system in this country.

How anyone believes that having a bunch of rich, inbred poshos lording it over everybody else is beyond me.

Are you even British?

No.  American.  Does that mean I don't get an opinion?

Ah, now it all makes sense.

As an American, of course you can have your opinion.

Is it any less valid than mine, a Scot, living in London?

Probably.

4 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

And, please, tell me about all the thousand-year-old rituals and archaic ceremonies that bind your communities together whilst draining millions and millions from the public purse.

I'm all fucking ears.

Archived