Some Alternative histories for fun

astarkchoice

1) Tyrion chickens out and just follows varys out  of the red keep thus tywin survives.....now supposing the red viper posioned tywin theory doesnt occur what happen next?

2)khal drogo isnt a moron and gets his wound cleaned properly .....what occurs next?

3)lysa isnt as big a moron and picks a decent fighter like bronze royce or lyn corbray.

4)the plot to marry sansa to willas suceeds

I'll add one as well, Rhaegar falls from his horse and instead of whispering Lyanna's name, he shouts to the god of death "Not today!" he quickly rises up, headbutts Robert's horse, Tyrion style, Robert gets crushed under his horse and drowns in the waters of the trident. What happens?

1 hour ago, astarkchoice said:

All in one would be mental!!!  ..no they are seperate good ser

I think some esteemed members of our community would be able to add it all in one and some more. Some theories out there jump so many hoops, even all of this at once would be nothing compared to them.

22 minutes ago, Corvo the Crow said:

I think some esteemed members of our community would be able to add it all in one and some more. Some theories out there jump so many hoops, even all of this at once would be nothing compared to them.

I change my mind

Max 'points' for whomever can mould all those alternative into one new timeline

1) Tyrion's story would progress roughly the same except maybe he feels less sorry for himself. As Tywin is alive the Faith Militant is not reformed, but the sparrows are still an issue. Cersei probably still puts a bounty on Tyrion. Depending on how closely Tywin is watching Cersei he may stop her plot to kill the High Septon which would delay the High Sparrow becoming High Septon until the current one dies. This means no walk of shame etc. for Cersei, and no infidelity accusation for Margaery. Garth the Gross would become the new master of coin as that is what Tywin agreed. The Tower of the Hand probably isn't burned as I don't think Tywin would allow Cersei to do something like that. The Throne with Tywin in charge would not default on their loans to the Iron Bank, so the Bank would not offer to back Stannis. This means Tycho Nestorius would not travel to Westeros. This also means Jon likely doesn't take out an Iron Bank loan either. Tycho also won't be there to ransom some Ironborn captives from the Glovers or to take Theon and Jeyne Pool to Stannis. Aurane doesn't become a pirate king as his fleet of dromonds won't be constructed. Any changes Cersei makes to the Small Council likely don't occur. Qyburn probably wouldn't have as much influence. The head sent to Dorne might actually be Gregor's as he's not being used for any experiments, but this probably isn't enough to calm the Dornish anyway. Potentially Cersei and Taena don't become friends as Tywin's funeral doesn't occur. Tywin would probably not be so loathe to aid the Tyrells when Euron attacks. Cersei still might try to have Bronn killed, though she might be unable to send Falyse to Qyburn this time as Qyburn would not be in the same position. Varys' might not kill Kevan, also depending on whether Kevan is still in King's Landing.

On 1/8/2023 at 10:55 PM, astarkchoice said:

1) Tyrion chickens out and just follows varys out  of the red keep thus tywin survives.....now supposing the red viper posioned tywin theory doesnt occur what happen next?

2)khal drogo isnt a moron and gets his wound cleaned properly .....what occurs next?

3)lysa isnt as big a moron and picks a decent fighter like bronze royce or lyn corbray.

4)the plot to marry sansa to willas suceeds

5) House Martell does not exist bc they and Nymeria failed to conquer Dorne and were wiped out by victorious Yronwoods. 

On 1/8/2023 at 8:55 PM, astarkchoice said:

So honestly I think the main reason that Khal Drogo died was so that Dany lost her Khalasar, because I'm sure GRRM would have found another way to bring the dragons to life through blood magic or whatever. If Drogo did not die, then I think he would have marched west with his Khalasar and invaded Westeros but GRRM's story was not ready for that yet. It's a nice little alternative but his death was solely a plot point used to delay Dany's arrival in Westeros whilst she herself gained a bit of character development whilst more important things happen in the west

One that always springs to mind for me is What If Joffrey did not execute Ned and let him join the Night's Watch.

The only issue I can really see (initially) with this one is that the Gold Cloaks would still come after Gendry and as they're working under Joffrey's command, they wouldn't really care about killing Ned anyway as he's a traitor and would step in the way of them taking Gendry? Although saying that, the Westerlands army would not need to keep the recruits as prisoners, so once they killed Lommy (and Yoren), there's a chance that they would allow Ned to lead the rest of the crew to the Night's Watch anyway - that's if he didn't die during the fighting which I don't think the Lannister soldiers would want to happen. Way too risky a move of Armory Lorch allowing Ned to die after he was just sent away by Joffrey (which in turn stopped a war between the North and the Westerlands/Crownlands).

Archived