NFL Playoffs 2023

mcbigski

Well, an early out for the Seahawks but far later than anyone was predicting at the beginning of this season. I'd call it a pretty successful season.  With a fairly young team with rookies producing and a treasure trove of Russ' cookin worth of draft picks on the menu, its about as good a 'rebuilding' year as one can hope for.  Rooting for SF the rest of the way now.

20 minutes ago, DMC said:

So that'd put them behind only five teams - including themselves - for the full year and obviously full games.  Crazy.

I just took a second look and what's wild is they only allowed 60 points in the second half and OT on this run, and like half the games were shoutouts. The D with those skill players is why I picked them. Purdy just has to avoid the disaster turnover game. 

18 minutes ago, KingintheNorth4 said:

It might be one of those nights for Lawrence. 

First pick was a batted ball and the second was a missed call on the defender. 

And just as I type that he throws a third pick, that one was a bad pass and a great play by the DB.

3 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

and like half the games were shoutouts.

Yeah they had that historic run at the beginning of the streak and then I think have had at least one more second half shutout since.  That's the main reason I was wondering.

7 minutes ago, DMC said:

Yeah they had that historic run at the beginning of the streak and then I think have had at least one more second half shutout since.  That's the main reason I was wondering.

I counted five and a few more that were just a single score. Most of the points were scored in three games and even then there's not much context from just looking at box scores. A lot of that could have been in garbage time. What's clear is they know how to put the clamps on teams. 

They did have a few weird losses early on though even if you throw out the Bears game which was useless to judge a team on.

Archived