NFL Playoffs 2023

mcbigski

Never going to happen, but imagine if the Niners somehow got  back into this game without being able to throw a forward pass, literally. Anyways, another great season wiped out by injury, please get an exorcist or w/e it takes to get this curse off our backs.   

9 minutes ago, James Arryn said:

Never going to happen, but imagine if the Niners somehow got  back into this game without being able to throw a forward pass, literally. Anyways, another great season wiped out by injury, please get an exorcist or w/e it takes to get this curse off our backs.   

Dude this is NOTHING.

During my lifetime my hometeam has won exactly ONE playoff game.

The Lions have won only a single post-season game since 1957, 

You people dont have a clue to the suffering.

2 minutes ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Dude this is NOTHING.

Browns fan here.  We've sucked for damn near twenty-five years straight and then traded for Voldemort. 

54 minutes ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Dude this is NOTHING.

This isn’t about sucking. I’m a fan of a ton of teams who just plain lose a lot. It sucks, but it’s a lot easier to take then this.

This is about repeatedly putting together top teams, only to see it fall apart due to injuries, over and over and over. Through different squads, coaches, systems, players, medical staffs and even stadiums. Top 10 in injuries every year for now I think 14 or 15 seasons in a row…second most for another team is like 7…and over virtually any stretch you can count in the last 2 decades. There was a brief period after the Texans expansion team formed and took on a lot of medical redshirts/retirees in exchange for picks where they statistically rivalled the 9ers for a 3 or 4 year stretch, but those were paper injuries, nothing that actually happened to the team. That are such an outlier that SI, ESPN et al have been doing articles on it for over a decade before this latest debacle. 

This is so hard to deal with because it’s so seemingly arbitrary and, as the line goes, deserve’s got nothing to do with it. When my teams deserve to lose, I can deal with it. Short term bad luck even, I can deal with it. But this feels irrational, weird, and predictable. In fact it WAS predicted by several round tables before the playoffs, just because of the Niners history. One of them compared it to Spinal Tap drummers, to give you a feel for how out of whack it is. 

16 minutes ago, briantw said:

Bills watching this game thinking, "Wait, we're allowed to rush the QB?"

The joke I love most about Allen early on in his career is when Bomani Jones and Domonique Foxworth would ask each other, "But what if we ran some Jaheem Allen plays?"

3 hours ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Dude this is NOTHING.

Probably cracked this joke before here, but the Dolphins are undefeated in every game I spent the whole time in a woman.  50 in March.

3 hours ago, briantw said:

Browns fan here.  We've sucked for damn near twenty-five years straight and then traded for Voldemort. 

Footclan eh?

15 minutes ago, Argonath Diver said:

I am far from an NFL fan - I only watch games if I'm bartending and they're on behind me. But damn I'm happy to have tonight off for this gem of a game. 

If you got paid during the first dreadful game that's even better.

2 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

Game is tied, but the chiefs look done.

I already ate too much lowfat pecan vanilla ice cream. I can already feel a stomach ache testing the waters...

But if this goes to overtime I can't not have more right? Like, that's just how like the gravitronics of ice cream physics works I think

Archived