NFL Playoffs 2023

mcbigski

24 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Really?  I don't.  

Watching the same game? Niners' offense is going to suck, but the Eagles don't look special and again, Hurts is not moving like usual. If you take that away from his game he reverts to a a bottom third QB. 

11 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Watching the same game? Niners' offense is going to suck, but the Eagles don't look special and again, Hurts is not moving like usual. If you take that away from his game he reverts to a a bottom third QB. 

I’m watching an Eagles OL so good you or me could run for untouched TD’s. 

13 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Walk-it-offs usually get worse as the game goes on. 

I agree that the way they are treating Purdy seems to either be out for the game no question, or it’s just hoping he gets feeling in his throwing hand back. I think the former is more likely as they’d probably be working on him if he might come back. 

Edit: one of the reasons Josh Johnson has been cut by virtually every team in the NFL.

5 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

I’m watching an Eagles OL so good you or me could run for untouched TD’s. 

They're great, which drives home just how special the Niners are. They're hunting them in the backfield and not allowing Hurts to do anything with his feet.

Also, I played RB, so maybe I could run behind the line. It's the getting hit part I'm not very certain about. :P

Anyways, faith is beginning to slip. The Niners D can keep them in this, but that offense is whoof. And don't fucking save your timeouts when you have two delay of games in the first half. Just dumb shit from an excellent HC. 

Soooooo looking forward to the ‘every team gets injuries/bad calls, the team had a chance to win it and couldn’t’ completely false equivalence I hear ad nauseam after games like this (of which we’ve had a great many).

edit: just in case, not really referring to in here, just generally. Sorry if my bitterness came off as targeted, really not meant to be. 

9 minutes ago, James Arryn said:

Soooooo looking forward to the ‘every team gets injuries/bad calls, the team had a chance to win it and couldn’t’ completely false equivalence I hear ad nauseam after games like this (of which we’ve had a great many).

You get it with a side of "Lance or Purdy?" 

But maintain faith. 

41 minutes ago, Ramsay B. said:

It really is a very hateable division. 

Odd.  As a former Washington fan, I have found holding on to my eagles hate had been kind of hard.  Unlike the Giants and cowboys (and of course, the scumbags), which are all very hateable.  I like hurts, I like brown, I like how aggressive the coaches are, and I like that their politics are clearly top 5 in the league.

Kittles reminds me of the S1 DEA guy in Narcos, Pedro"s partner.

Honestly I think 49ers would be better off going with McCaffrey in the shotgun if Purdy has no feeling in that hand, forget that Josh dude, talk about a deer in the spotlight right there.

I agree that if Purdy can’t grip the ball enough to do more than hand off or 2 foot passes, going wildcat makes the most sense. BUT CMC is already playing hurt, so maybe if they’re hoping Purdy gets sensation/strength back, you’re hoping to just still be remotely in the game at that point, and if CMC gets levelled by the pass rush, something he’s obv. not used to, that would be that. I mean, 95% is anyways, but that would be the last nail. 

edit: just saw that before Johnson got knocked out Kyle said that Purdy wasn’t coming back, so it doesn’t sound like they were really basing anything on getting him back. 

Archived