NFL Playoffs 2023

mcbigski

8 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

My football team will be 100 years without winning the league this decade. Beat that. 

Easy, mine has never won the league (or the cup) in their 113 years, and we probably never will. But then again, we will also not let any autocrat state use our clubs for sportwashing.

23 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I'm not here to start a fight, but what's far more obnoxious is you Christians stealing our religion and using it as a justification to kill us and the Indigenous community as well. Just saying. Complaining about a chant is lipstick on a pig. :P

I'm not anti-semitic... but... :leaving:

..but.. :ph34r:

.but. :wideeyed:

if  :uhoh:

perhaps :o

"You People" :eek:

Are looking to hire a broke-ass dimestore-discount-rack Dr. Strangelove (without the wheelchair, or degrees, or knowledge, or presumably work-ethic) character... :ph34r:

I know somebody like that. :read:

:P 

It's a joke. Anti-semitism is bad. But I think bad things are funny sometimes. I'm bad that way :( 

ETA:

The whole point of that setup was to do a Tarantino revenge-of-the-Jews joke but I completely forgot about it with all the emojiis 

Goddamit

1 hour ago, Rhom said:

If surgical, I have to wonder if he can even make it back next year? :crying:

Yeah if he needs Tommy John that will put him out for 9-12 months.  Sounds like that's unlikely though, and the UCL can be repaired without surgery.  We'll find out soon enough.

1 hour ago, DMC said:

Yeah if he needs Tommy John that will put him out for 9-12 months.  Sounds like that's unlikely though, and the UCL can be repaired without surgery.  We'll find out soon enough.

If he's out... queue the Jimmy G to the Niners rumors!!!!! :lol: 

10 minutes ago, Rhom said:

If he's out... queue the Jimmy G to the Niners rumors!!!!! :lol: 

Jimmy, Jimmy, Jimmy can't you see?
Sometimes your words just hypnotize me
And I just love your flashy ways
Guess that's why they broke, and you're so paid

Tore my UC playing baseball (sliding into second on sb, not while pitching) and had surgery where they put a wire in. Very different causes for the same result, though…my thumb caught on a bump or groove in the dirt and was pulled back to my arm as the ~ dive momentum drove me, not even my lead hand; elbow wasn’t particularly involved.

Had no idea how bad it was at the time, adrenaline and all that, finished that game and the second (double header), can’t remember if I went to the hospital that night or next morning. Later on there’s a procedure to remove the wire I think…had so many sports injuries the medical details get kinda jumbled up in my memory. I stupidly played football the week I got the cast off and suffered a dislocated little finger and two boxer’s fractures in that hand midway through the game. I was incredibly stupid about injuries when I was younger. 

22 minutes ago, James Arryn said:

...I was incredibly stupid about injuries when I was younger. 

And most coaches didn't monitor (or care much) about player injuries until pretty recently.

"Rub some dirt on it and get back in there!"

I wanted filly to lose of course and now they look like the favorites to win it all. Crap. Can I root for a tie in the SB? 

At least we parted ways w our OC and QB coach today. Not sure if that's a good thing but we needed a change on offense and stability on def. Our off is likely to look very different next year between coaching and player changes.

11 hours ago, dbunting said:

I wanted filly to lose of course and now they look like the favorites to win it all. Crap. Can I root for a tie in the SB? 

At least we parted ways w our OC and QB coach today. Not sure if that's a good thing but we needed a change on offense and stability on def. Our off is likely to look very different next year between coaching and player changes.

Yes. I am.  Will not root for Eagles, ever, don't feel like rooting for the Chiefs.  

19 hours ago, DMC said:

Reports are out that Purdy did indeed suffer a full tear of the UCL.  He will likely need surgery, but even if not, he's down for at least six months.  Fucking Niners quarterbacks man....

That's a brutal blow for his career too, as it means he's probably not walking into next season as the starter.  I'd be shocked if he's ready in six months, and even if he were, we're talking the end of July at the earliest for him to come back, and I assume he won't be able to throw for the bulk of the offseason.

Archived