NFL Playoffs 2023

mcbigski

32 minutes ago, Slurktan said:

Do you think Dak will  make a throw that should be a pick six but the DB drops it, and then runs the exact play immediately thereafter with the exact same throw to give the DB a second chance for a second time in two weeks?  God he's awful.

He's not awful, but it's not been a good season for him. His status as a top 10 QB is gone.

On 1/12/2023 at 9:59 AM, Slurktan said:

Do you think Dak will  make a throw that should be a pick six but the DB drops it, and then runs the exact play immediately thereafter with the exact same throw to give the DB a second chance for a second time in two weeks?  God he's awful.

I was just dumbfounded when they did that. Why call the same play a second time in a row when it's almost a pick six the first time??? Kellen Moore can suck it, unless Dak changed the call because he wanted to do it right the second time!  I think that's when I turned the game off.

The problem is that aside from Dak giving the ball away over and over and over again is that the offense had been top 5 since he came back. It's like feast or famine with him this year and that's not normal for him, he usually keeps int's low.  My hope is that the o-line returning to mostly normal stabilizes him.

Anybody wanna do postseason predictions? 

WC

Bills over Dolphins, Bengals over Ravens, Jags over Chargers

Niners over Hawks, Giants over Vikes, Cowboys over Bucs

DIV

Bills over Bengals, Chiefs over Jags

Niners over Cowboys, Eagles over Giants

Championship

Niners over Eagles, Bills over Chiefs. 

Bills defeat Niners for first SB win.

1 minute ago, Maithanet said:

?  I haven't paid attention to Berman in almost two decades.  Did he make a similar pick?

It reminded me of my childhood.  EVERY preseason he'd pick Bills over Niners because they were his two favorite teams, in that order.  At least at the time it wasn't an unreasonable pick.  Certainly isn't now either.  Just thought it was funny.

39 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

?  I haven't paid attention to Berman in almost two decades.  Did he make a similar pick?

36 minutes ago, DMC said:

It reminded me of my childhood.  EVERY preseason he'd pick Bills over Niners because they were his two favorite teams, in that order.  At least at the time it wasn't an unreasonable pick.  Certainly isn't now either.  Just thought it was funny.

Yeah, for something like 15 years in a row he made a preseason pick for Niners and Bills in the Super Bowl.

Edit:  And for seven straight years, he got one of the two teams right!

Bills over Fins, Bengals over Ravens, Chargers over Jags.

Niners over Seahawks, Vikings over Giants, Cowboys over Bucs.

Chiefs over Chargers, Bengals over Bills.

Eagles over Cowboys, Niners over Vikings.

Chiefs over Bengals.

Niners over Eagles.

Niners over Chiefs. 

2 minutes ago, DMC said:

I hate being a homer and don't wanna jinx it, but I agree with every one of Ty's picks other than I think the Jags will beat the Chargers.

That's kinda where I am as well... if only because I think the Chargers players might buy into the sports talk radio hype and think if they lose, they can get Sean Payton.  :lol: 

Chargers-Jags and Bucs-Cowboys are games I'd hate to put money on. Vikes-Giants too, but whichever team wins is dead the next week. Chargers, Jags, Bucs and Cowboys could literally do anything this postseason and it wouldn't shock ne. They're really weird teams.

Bills over Miami

Cinci over Baltimore

Jags over Chargers

49ers over Seahawks

Vikings over Giants

Cowboys over Tampa

------------

Bills over Bengals

Chiefs over Jags

49ers over Cowboys

Eagles over Vikings

---------- 

Eagles over 49ers

Bills over Chiefs

-------- 

Eagles or Bills its a coin toss, any given Sunday and what not, but i'll pick the Bills because Josh Allen seems a little better than Hurts i guess.

Eta: Plus I like the locker room and community psyche of Buffalo right now. They remind me of the Saints after Katrina, they can rally around something.

19 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Thats… not great. /cdn-cgi/mirage/e7cdc3d1b42064bbcb7493ddaf3c1b2d3511a1895af109f2c96f899ee8a13be4/1440/https://asoiaf.westeros.org/uploads/emoticons/default_stunned.gif 

Extreme weather does ~ level the playing field in many ways, certainly. And it runs completely contrary to Shanahan’s maniacal demand for perfect controlled execution and significantly reduce ball security, but OTOH it tends to force teams to emphasize the running game in a way which plays into SF’s brand more than Seattle’s.

My prediction for the game: Deommodore Lenore will be involved in at least one incident where he gets screwed by the refs on a big play. The stuff the refs have allowed his assignments to get away with the past few weeks has been egregious. 

50 minutes ago, briantw said:

/cdn-cgi/mirage/3079d70471035a0f69517f12d6b3febb59c8bdb116175430da4eef3bf34d12ea/1280/https://asoiaf.westeros.org/uploads/emoticons/default_lol.gif

I just saw that and came to post about it too! :lol: 

Archived