US Politics: Sorry, we do make the rules.

LongRider

Fellow board members.

I have cracked the George Santos mystery. 

George Santos = Sea Grog Stone.

This whole time he has been a magical stone that creates sea grog from nothing. 

The stone personifies what it creates.

That explains all of the insane, drunken sailor tall tales.

I love science.

A few more details about the talented Mr Santos:

"Lies have short legs" is a Brazilian saying* that means the truth will always win. As newly sworn-in Long Island Rep. George Santos' life story of lies and background fabrications unfolded in the media over the last month, the idiom also became the name of a WhatsApp group text, where 10 former friends, acquaintances and coworkers of Santos bond and process the constant new revelations in the news, and share their own tales of knowing the 34-year-old Republican congressman. (...)

The group members live in Brazil, Florida and New York. They include friends he met while living in New York, roommates who felt scammed by their tenant arrangements with him, and a Brazilian woman who once took Santos in when he needed a place to stay and food to eat, until eventually, she told Patch, "he stole my life."

They knew Santos at different times of his life, and often under different variations of his name. But they all said they’ve been lied to, and most also suspect Santos stole from them. Four people told Patch that when they asked Santos if he had stolen items or money from them, he blamed another friend or relative. (...)

https://patch.com/new-york/portwashington/more-george-santos-acquaintances-come-forward-theft-allegations

* Btw, we have the exact same saying here. I'm not sure how accurate it is; those short legs have taken him quite far already, he might well be one of your next presidents!

It seems “George Santos” may not be his name after all.  He’s on video calling himself “Anthony Devolder”:

I know that a lot of the "if that's his real name" is meant to be humorous or mocking, but it really would make no sense if his real name is not George Santos, because if it wasn't, that would have been discovered by the people who have investigated his false claims about his grandparents fleeing the Holocaust and his mother dying as a result of 9/11.  So I'm 99% sure George Santos is his original name and that "Anthony Devolder" was the lie. 

1 hour ago, Ormond said:

I know that a lot of the "if that's his real name" is meant to be humorous or mocking, but it really would make no sense if his real name is not George Santos, because if it wasn't, that would have been discovered by the people who have investigated his false claims about his grandparents fleeing the Holocaust and his mother dying as a result of 9/11.  So I'm 99% sure George Santos is his original name and that "Anthony Devolder" was the lie. 

Well… we know with certiany Santos is very comfortable with… untruths.

1 hour ago, Ormond said:

Couldn’t they just be reporting negative findings for anyone named George Santos re: Holocaust survivor descendants (among other things) as opposed to finding that he’s not George Santos? 

On 1/12/2023 at 11:55 AM, Mindwalker said:

Say what you will about Merrick Garland, but I always said he could be quick and efficient as long as the alleged culprit was a Democrat.

Yeah, Garland was a fairly conservative choice by the Obama admin back when the Supreme Court became a shit show. I suppose he's moderate compared to some of the newer justices.

2 minutes ago, Centrist Simon Steele said:

Yeah, Garland was a fairly conservative choice by the Obama admin back when the Supreme Court became a shit show.

I wouldn't describe him as "conservative," but yes, he was intentionally a centrist choice in Obama's failed hope to try to engender some Republican support.  That's why, when every one was assuming Hillary was gonna win, a lot of people were saying that McConnell's obstruction was a blessing in disguise because Hillary could nominate a more traditionally liberal justice.

1 hour ago, James Arryn said:

Couldn’t they just be reporting negative findings for anyone named George Santos re: Holocaust survivor descendants (among other things) as opposed to finding that he’s not George Santos? 

No, genealogists have specifically looked up his own family tree in Brazil. This is not just someone looking at a general list of Holocaust survivor descendants but they have researched his own family specifically.

1 minute ago, Ormond said:

No, genealogists have specifically looked up his own family tree in Brazil. This is not just someone looking at a general list of Holocaust survivor descendants but they have researched his own family specifically.

Ah, okay, thanks. I stand corrected.

5 hours ago, Ormond said:

Speculation, but I think George Santos did some stuff that came up on internet/credit searches so he adopted a new name in the form of Anthony Devolder. 

Then, when Anthony Devolder did stuff that came up on internet/credit searches he went back to his birth name.  Also, or alternatively, when it became useful to have a name like George Santos while "working" for LinkBridge, trying to persuade Brazilian/Lat-am/Hispanic investors.  

Tom Hanks is playing him in the movie, guys.  He said so himself.  

5 hours ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Sea Grog Stone. 

Edit: ….. or Grog Sea Stone?

You are missing the forest for the trees.

GS Rogea Stone.

I am not sure what what the initials GS stand for, but this is fairly obvious Tom Riddle = Voldemort version of modern day GOP.

So George Santos is Rogea Stone. Which in true Republican form was how they thought Brazilians would spell the name Roger.

Amateurs.

3 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

You are missing the forest for the trees.

GS Rogea Stone.

I am not sure what what the initials GS stand for, but this is fairly obvious Tom Riddle = Voldemort version of modern day GOP.

So George Santos is Rogea Stone. Which in true Republican form was how they thought Brazilians would spell the name Roger.

Amateurs.

GS equals God Sent. 

2 hours ago, Gaston de Foix said:

Tom Hanks is playing him in the movie, guys.  He said so himself.  

Ha! I suppose this is really a joke, too, but Tom Hanks is WAY too old to play George Santos. It would have to be one of his sons, Colin or Chet, for that one to be plausible. :)

Archived