Sword to the Face vs Knife to the Chainmail

2 hours ago, Canon Claude said:

I’m seriously considering not coming back to this board until the new book comes out.

Why? It was just a simple thread to show that there is, or at least shouldn't be UnJon since swords to the face are quite survivable in this series :D

1 hour ago, Craving Peaches said:

Knife to the chainmail as I have more chance of surviving it and I'm a vain individual who wants to keep their face pretty.

Wait, so you won't be UnPeach then? How interesting! 

Knife to the chainmail sounds much more survivable than sword to the face, in general.  So if that's the only information I have, I definitely go with the former.  Not sure why it is even a question.

It should be virtually impossible to pierce some chainmail with some knives.

16 hours ago, Tyrosh Lannister said:

Did Jon wear any chaimail before being stabbed to death ?

Nope nightwatch....once manned by  1000s of brothers many  of whom were knights now for some reason short on swords and mail (which require suprisingly little maintance to stay rust free!!) And he choses the black wool top and cloak

4 hours ago, astarkchoice said:

Nope nightwatch....once manned by  1000s of brothers many  of whom were knights now for some reason short on swords and mail (which require suprisingly little maintance to stay rust free!!) And he choses the black wool top and cloak

21 hours ago, Tyrosh Lannister said:

Did Jon wear any chaimail before being stabbed to death ?

We see brothers and Queensmen constantly going around in armor so why not. Also even if he wasn't wearing mail, he would still be wearing layers upon layers of clothing. Gambesons, if they had enough layers, not only could turn a slashing blade, but also resist stabbing. 

12 hours ago, Corvo the Crow said:

We see brothers and Queensmen constantly going around in armor so why not. Also even if he wasn't wearing mail, he would still be wearing layers upon layers of clothing. Gambesons, if they had enough layers, not only could turn a slashing blade, but also resist stabbing. 

To be fair like modern anti stabbing vests and riot sheilds etc its stab resistanr not proof...stab anything  hard enough times and ul.start to put holes in it! 

8 minutes ago, astarkchoice said:

To be fair like modern anti stabbing vests and riot sheilds etc its stab resistanr not proof...stab anything  hard enough times and ul.start to put holes in it! 

To be fair having nothing is far worse than having layers upon layers of clothing.

1 minute ago, Corvo the Crow said:

To be fair having nothing is far worse than having layers upon layers of clothing.

Or better yet keeping your loyal friends armed+  flanking you possibly with the back up of an oversized magic wolf and/or a giant you befriended