Spare a Moment for H&M Part 2

Fragile Bird

Just now, Cas Stark said:

Aye, he does. So when people start saying things that are clearly untrue, one has to question why. 

And didn't I hear about Charles jokingly asking Harry who his real father was?

Just now, Spockydog said:

Aye, he does. So when people start saying things that are clearly untrue, one has to question why. 

And didn't I hear about Charles jokingly asking Harry who his real father was?

Candidly Harry is the spit of Philip across the brow/eyes.  Still want the jack the ripper confirmation.

3 minutes ago, Mlle. Zabzie said:

I will do my best, though it doesn't really go with the expected dress code for my panel on "Cross Border Financings".  Maybe I can "borrow" a shako.  Or better yet, a bag wig.  

Dammit.  There goes my plan to "borrow" a wig.

To be fair, my (full) sister and I look nothing alike.  My sister looks just like my mom.  I look just like my (half) sister, who is my dad's child, and my grandmother.  I think they should both submit DNA to ancestry.com to find out.  Bonus points, we might be able to figure out if Jack the Ripper was one of their great, great, great, great, whatever, uncles.

It would make you the toast of the meeting if you showed up in 5 inch heels and a crazy Philip Treacy fascinator.  

12 minutes ago, Mlle. Zabzie said:

To be fair, my (full) sister and I look nothing alike.  My sister looks just like my mom.  I look just like my (half) sister, who is my dad's child, and my grandmother.  I think they should both submit DNA to ancestry.com to find out.  Bonus points, we might be able to figure out if Jack the Ripper was one of their great, great, great, great, whatever, uncles.

My mum has four kids. The first three with my dad, and we all look like peas in a pod (North Sea-Peely Wally, wispy blonde hair, blue eyes). 

After my mum and dad split up, my mum got pregnant with my baby sister. Who, with her dark complexion, thick black hair and brown eyes, looks nothing at all like the rest us.

ZOMG, not the Trooping of the Colour. What on earth will us plebs do if they cancelled the Trooping of the Colour? I mean, Brexit was bad enough, but I honestly don't think the nation would survive such a tumultuous event. So let's just stop all this talk of republicanism right now.

Phew, that was close.

Show me you know absolutely fucking nothing about the British People without saying you know absolutely fucking nothing about the British People.

The Trooping of the Colour. GTFOH.

You say that as if you’ve forgotten how mad people got when Big Ben was silenced during the repair work on the Elizabeth Tower

13 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

My mum has four kids. The first three with my dad, and we all look like peas in a pod (wispy blonde hair, blue eyes). 

After my mum and dad split up, my mum got pregnant with my baby sister. Who, with her thick black hair and brown eyes, looks nothing like the rest us.

Yeah well, the seed is strong or whatever.  

43 minutes ago, SeanF said:

A lot of people think he's Harry Hewitt.

"James"

38 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

I used to be convinced of this until I saw pictures of a young Prince Philip. Now I'm not so sure. 

25 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

Yes, but whether or not Philip had red hair seems to be up for debate. 

Some people say that Philip had thick, red hair when he was Harry's age. While others say it was blonde. 

One thing is certain though. Harry doesn't look a thing like his brother. 

21 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Looks blonde as hell to me, and I confess I don't see much resemblance to Harry. 

https://www.harpersbazaar.com/celebrity/latest/g10000618/prince-philip-photos/?slide=13

Oh my god, the Spencers are all fucking red heads. 

-

It looks like they're doing after Doria Raglan now. Fucking vampires. 

23 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

It would make you the toast of the meeting if you showed up in 5 inch heels and a crazy Philip Treacy fascinator.  

She should also wear a sweater with a massive American flag on it. Brits love Americans and real culture.

7 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Yeah well, the seed is strong or whatever.  

"James"

Oh my god, the Spencers are all fucking red heads. 

-

It looks like they're doing after Doria Raglan now. Fucking vampires. 

Well, yeah, Harry looks a lot like the Spencer family even if he doesn't much resemble his mother.  I would guess he's a Windsor, and I will say that having the world speculate on who your real father is can't have been much of a picnic and may have contributed to his jealousy of brother Big Willy.

1 hour ago, Mlle. Zabzie said:

See this is better than trying to follow all the coverage elsewhere.  Here is is all aggregated in one place, and I don't even have to go to the supermarket checkout line or mess up my apple news feed algorithm for some very useless infotainment.

Same.  It's convenient and amusing to laugh at all the people whining about celebrities that - granted - don't deserve to be celebrities.  As if they're the only ones in British/American/Western popular culture.

59 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

One thing is certain though. Harry doesn't look a thing like his brother. 

I think people make too much of the red hair. It's the face that's always done it for me. They don't look alike and William looks exactly like his father. Harry, otoh, zero resemblance.

54 minutes ago, Mlle. Zabzie said:

I will do my best, though it doesn't really go with the expected dress code for my panel on "Cross Border Financings".  Maybe I can "borrow" a shako.  Or better yet, a bag wig.  

Just Google "funny British hats." That's the look you need to go for.

Speculating whether Harry is really Charles' son is entertaining and all, but if we're really saying 'he doesn't look like William' is a reason to genuinely take that theory seriously, we're way out into the woods. I don't look a thing like my brother and we're twins. 

2 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

Speculating whether Harry is really Charles' son is entertaining and all, but if we're really saying 'he doesn't look like William' is a reason to genuinely take that theory seriously, we're way out into the woods. I don't look a thing like my brother and we're twins. 

Yeah it's not exactly a scientific argument.  Of course, this is a board based on a series that features magic genetics.

1 hour ago, Mlle. Zabzie said:

See this is better than trying to follow all the coverage elsewhere.  Here is is all aggregated in one place, and I don't even have to go to the supermarket checkout line or mess up my apple news feed algorithm for some very useless infotainment.

Also, I'm heading to London this weekend and I need to know what I don't care about for casual conversation.

Yeah baby. That's why I never understood the twitters and the thises and the thats' of those noisy fucking facebooks. If you washed up here I'm assuming that you can either read, or at least make it through Season 1. 

It makes a big difference. Total game changer. The ability to watch slightly-less-than-ten hours of a sophisticated television program, if not read the source material, is like the development of the Opposable Thumb of attention spans in the modern day. 

Even if you're an asshole or insane and you wash up here. I'm assuming we can have an exchange! 

54 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

I bet none of them eat American chocolate.

:ph34r:

I would rather eat American shit than American chocolate. 

I AM an American! 

13 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

I wonder if anyone in the UK media will weigh in on this. I suspect not. 

I have not and will not watched the clip but I agree unconditionally, 150%, and you should all be ashamed! For something, if not this I'm sure! 

6 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

Selina Meyer wore a belter when she came here. 

Danny Waaah!

15 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I think people make too much of the red hair. It's the face that's always done it for me. They don't look alike and William looks exactly like his father. Harry, otoh, zero resemblance.

And Harry gets his facial features from Prince Philip and his hair colour from the Spencers.

Archived