Spare a Moment for H&M Part 2

Fragile Bird

14 hours ago, Heartofice said:

One has to wonder why anyone would care so much this topic that it got to 21 pages so quickly and almost as fast as it was closed another one was created! 

Absolutely correct. We should get back to serious things. We should get back to the good old days of speculating endlessly about Jon Snow's mom or whether or not Varys is actually a three-high stack of children standing base. 

1 minute ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Absolutely correct. We should get back to serious things. We should get back to the good old days of speculating endlessly about Jon Snow's mom or whether or not Varys is actually a three-high stack of children standing base. 

Maybe Varys is Jon’s mom.

There are clues that can’t be ignored,

I weep for Harry's Penis—it is dead! 
Oh, weep for the frost-bitten penis! though our tears 
Thaw not the frost which binds so dear a head! 
And thou, sad Hour, selected from all years 
To mourn our loss, rouse thy obscure compeers, 
And teach them thine own sorrow, say: "With me 
Died Harry's Penis; till the Future dares 
Forget the Past, its fate and fame shall be 
An echo and a light unto eternity!" 

"Hark! What wonder do these yearning eyes behold
If only in my owns mind eye! And more reflected in
The gleaming orbs of a dusky consort from a far-flunged
Sun-kissed strand. Yea, the very squalls and squeals
Of near-royal brats testify that the Princely Penis
Is fully thawed, newly risen, greatly driven ever forward,
Onward for Harry, St George and Santa Barbara!

Chat GPT writing an ode to the frost-bitten todger, in the style of John Keats.

Fascinating thread! A few wholly banal and unoriginal thoughts from me: 

All these people are entitled and privileged and utterly oblivious to the sort of issues 99% of the world have to deal with - I find it difficult to label any of them 'good' or 'bad'. What I will say is that H&M are less 'bad'. But I have to say, trying to watch snippets of the Netflix thing had me bored to tears. Luckily (?), I had a UTI infection that week thanks to much too much fornication, so this helped me doze off whilst it played soporifically in the background. It was just... dull. So though I don't think either of them is evil or sinister or morally bankrupt, I do think their self-importance and whinging about the sort of problems that literally scream 'first world +1%' is mildly infuriating. Like, sure, you got awful treatment from your fam - there are far, far worse things. I'm not saying let's play 'who has better trauma' but come on. And they come off quite effected and less than genuine, to me anyway. Exhibit A: Harry prancing around barefoot in his multi-million dollar home. Very cheesy indeed. 

Fuck the RF and any version of it, overall. Being a Pakistani, I am sick to death of the blind veneration of a bunch of thieves who profited - and are still profiting from - generations of exploitation, a large part of which happened in the subcontinent. The mere idea of being anointed by God etc. is as ludicrously outdated as the religious freaks next door to me who've banished women from schools. 

The book excerpts I've seen on here and elsewhere range from genuinely sad (his memories of his mother)  to storm in a teacup (sibling fight and a push to the floor don't seem worthy of the sort of outrage Harry seems to feel and expect others to feel on his behalf, unless it was often repeated) to bemusing (the kill count seems unnecessary and also, as per some of the stuff I've read from British military personnel, 'not done') to outright bizarre (frozen penis + loss of virginity). TMI?? Like, it feels like he's put down every single detail he could think of, and some details are not worth sharing. In anyone's life. 

Of course it's all about the money, honey, and they've cashed in. Like some others I do wonder how much they can milk the 'evil RF" thing - given the lack of contact between them. I mean, they'd need new material to keep it going, right? I suppose they'll generate fresh content from more intimate details or developments in their own lives now? 

Last, I find myself defending @Heartofice again - it's obvious a lot of people enjoy petty gossip about ultra-privileged twats, hence the success of this thread. That includes everyone who's posting on here, so to try and paint HoI as somehow being the only one who's actually really into this whilst repeatedly continuing to make your own posts seems quite hypocritical. I mean, you can qualify the nature of your interest, sure. You can say 'I just like baiting someone/I like arguing/I enjoy correcting people because they're all fools and I'm a genius/I'm having a laugh/I'm liberal* and he isn't, so I must step in' etc. But at the end of the day, we're all engaging here and to categorise your specific engagement as somehow being morally superior to others is disingenuous and hilarious. 

* So am I, don't lynch me :P

I would guess the royal family is going to keep H and M at arm's length from now on.  I'd wonder if revealing that Courtney Cox keeps and distributes mushrooms in his book might make some A listers think twice about the couple.  Where do they go from here?  

Supposedly there is not a single mention of Meg's BFF Jessica Mulrony, which suggests that Harry himself is happy to engage in selective editing.  Pages and pages on the todger and not a line about Jessica.  Odd.

I think the tale of Harry is actually incredibly tragic. His mother dies at an early age and he has to somehow deal with all that grief, in public, in a family where sympathy and emotion are pretty difficult to come by. From the excerpts from the book I've seen, and everything else he has said in the past, it doesn't look like he has ever dealt with it especially well and seems to be quite a troubled guy, a deep thinker (if not a smart one) and someone with a very bad ability to see outside of his own life. 

That is why I think it is even more tragic that he meets someone like Meghan and basically focuses all of his energies onto her. A bit of amateur psychoanalysis, but almost mirroring what he is saying, is that she is a surrogate for his mother and he is trying to protect her in a way that he never could with Diana. It doesn't matter that the situation with Meghan and Diana are entirely different, Harry is probably motivated either way. I do think Meghan is even more of a narcissist than Harry is, and whether she is aware of it or not she is manipulating him, in the same way she tries to manipulate the story around her as much as possible. I think that is a very familiar story with that kind of narcissist. You can see it in basically everything she ever says. 

I think that has basically given him the excuse to rage against his family and use the Meghan issue to try and get away from it all. From what I've seen it doesn't sound like his Brother and Charles have done too much wrong, Harry sounds quite paranoid about almost everything. That clip of him talking about that woman's name being an anagram is a worrying sign, in fact his decision making seems incredibly poor in general, he seems quite self destructive.

He blames the press for almost every bad thing that has happened in his life, no matter what it is. Its the press' fault he wore a nazi outfit, it's the press' fault he lied about calling the royal family racist, it's the press' fault he spoke about how many Taliban he killed. Don't get me wrong, the press are generally shit, and some of the things they have done are terrible, but at the same time, Harry does not seem like he wants to take responsibility for any of the crap that happens around him. 

45 minutes ago, Crixus said:

Last, I find myself defending @Heartofice again - it's obvious a lot of people enjoy petty gossip about ultra-privileged twats, hence the success of this thread. That includes everyone who's posting on here, so to try and paint HoI as somehow being the only one who's actually really into this whilst repeatedly continuing to make your own posts seems quite hypocritical. I mean, you can qualify the nature of your interest, sure. You can say 'I just like baiting someone/I like arguing/I enjoy correcting people because they're all fools and I'm a genius/I'm having a laugh/I'm liberal* and he isn't, so I must step in' etc. But at the end of the day, we're all engaging here and to categorise your specific engagement as somehow being morally superior to others is disingenuous and hilarious. 

Thanks, I have never denied I find the whole thing interesting. It is hilarious that others who spend time making comments about how this is all so boring and why can't we talk about something else, somehow get really wrapped up in the topic and cause the thread to go to endless pages. 

Have to say though, if Harry and Meghan had sailed off into the sunset, said nothing, kept out of the media, these threads would never exist, none of us would be in the slightest bit interested.

52 minutes ago, Crixus said:

Fascinating thread! A few wholly banal and unoriginal thoughts from me: 

All these people are entitled and privileged and utterly oblivious to the sort of issues 99% of the world have to deal with - I find it difficult to label any of them 'good' or 'bad'. What I will say is that H&M are less 'bad'. But I have to say, trying to watch snippets of the Netflix thing had me bored to tears. Luckily (?), I had a UTI infection that week thanks to much too much fornication, so this helped me doze off whilst it played soporifically in the background. It was just... dull. So though I don't think either of them is evil or sinister or morally bankrupt, I do think their self-importance and whinging about the sort of problems that literally scream 'first world +1%' is mildly infuriating. Like, sure, you got awful treatment from your fam - there are far, far worse things. I'm not saying let's play 'who has better trauma' but come on. And they come off quite effected and less than genuine, to me anyway. Exhibit A: Harry prancing around barefoot in his multi-million dollar home. Very cheesy indeed. 

Fuck the RF and any version of it, overall. Being a Pakistani, I am sick to death of the blind veneration of a bunch of thieves who profited - and are still profiting from - generations of exploitation, a large part of which happened in the subcontinent. The mere idea of being anointed by God etc. is as ludicrously outdated as the religious freaks next door to me who've banished women from schools. 

The book excerpts I've seen on here and elsewhere range from genuinely sad (his memories of his mother)  to storm in a teacup (sibling fight and a push to the floor don't seem worthy of the sort of outrage Harry seems to feel and expect others to feel on his behalf, unless it was often repeated) to bemusing (the kill count seems unnecessary and also, as per some of the stuff I've read from British military personnel, 'not done') to outright bizarre (frozen penis + loss of virginity). TMI?? Like, it feels like he's put down every single detail he could think of, and some details are not worth sharing. In anyone's life. 

Of course it's all about the money, honey, and they've cashed in. Like some others I do wonder how much they can milk the 'evil RF" thing - given the lack of contact between them. I mean, they'd need new material to keep it going, right? I suppose they'll generate fresh That includes everyone who's posting on here, so to try and paint HoI as somehow being the only one who's actually really into this whilst repeatedly continuing to make your own posts seems quite hypocritical.

The root of the criticism is the fire breathing hatred and criticism of Meghan at a mere whiff of mention. One wonders why such fire exists specifically for her and why the necessity to repeat vitriol from tabloid rags ad nauseam. It follows a pattern of a bit extra punch for criticism of women (not all, but enough) that is apparent to pretty much everyone.

2 minutes ago, Week said:

The root of the criticism is the fire breathing hatred and criticism of Meghan at a mere whiff of mention. One wonders why such fire exists specifically for her and why the necessity to repeat vitriol from tabloid rags ad nauseam. It follows a pattern of a bit extra punch for criticism of women (not all, but enough) that is apparent to pretty much everyone.

I really have to wonder what it is about Meghan that means people aren't allowed to dislike her? Really, why are words like 'disgusting' used for those who criticise her? 

If I think someone is a narcissistic, self serving, attention grabbing... bad person... is it a crime to express that view? 

Plus I think the conversation would stop dead if it wasn't for a bunch of people trying to ringfence and critique of her as 'disgusting' and misrepresent it. 

It's a little weird and may speak to Harry's perspective, that he is constantly talking about all these media lies and smears, but his own book confirms every single big story.  Tiarias.  Flowergirldressgate.  Yes, he fought with his father over Meg going to Balmoral while the Queen was dying.  Yes, Meg was accused of bullying her staff and they put up 25 pages to refute it [smoke/fire]. I don't know if he gets into the Kardashianesque baby shower, but that certainly happened.  The private plane trips certainly happened.

He does sound paranoid to me.  This idea that he had to physically flee the UK in order to 'protect' his family is nonsese.  It is nonsensical that living on the grounds of Windsor Castle in the security bubble of the monarch was somehow less safe than gun crazy America using paid security details.  

39 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

I really have to wonder what it is about Meghan that means people aren't allowed to dislike her? Really, why are words like 'disgusting' used for those who criticise her? 

If I think someone is a narcissistic, self serving, attention grabbing... bad person... is it a crime to express that view? 

Plus I think the conversation would stop dead if it wasn't for a bunch of people trying to ringfence and critique of her as 'disgusting' and misrepresent it. 

Buddy, she's not that interesting nor has she said much that's out of line. That's why the negative reaction to her is so weird.

3 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Buddy, she's not that interesting nor has she said much that's out of line. That's why the negative reaction to her is so weird.

She's only the 2nd person to spirit a British royal out of the family in a hundred years, that alone makes her interesting.  I'm sure as a person she's basic as fuck, all you have to do is look at her bland beige mansion or listen to her bland refrigerator magnet musings to know that.  But, as a historical/public figure she's in a category of 2, Duchess of Sussex and Duchess of Windsor...also a much reviled, divorced, American. Hmm.

3 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

Yeah, and shall we tally up who has the most posts in these threads?

1 hour ago, Heartofice said:

Thanks, I have never denied I find the whole thing interesting. It is hilarious that others who spend time making comments about how this is all so boring and why can't we talk about something else, somehow get really wrapped up in the topic and cause the thread to go to endless pages. 

Have to say though, if Harry and Meghan had sailed off into the sunset, said nothing, kept out of the media, these threads would never exist, none of us would be in the slightest bit interested.

Anyone who had a friend, relative  or colleague and they told  you 'Hey, I went with my new partner to visit my mother's grave and s(he)/they got down on the ground, put their hands on the stones and asked for guidance'....you would think Danger! Red Alert! Run Lola Run!  

It wouldn't matter if you were religious or not.  You would know that this new partner was some combination of exceedingly manipulative, unbalanced, grifter and dangerous to your friend.  It wouldn't matter what this person's race or ethnicity or education level or career was, you would know that such an action was supremely creeply.

1 minute ago, Spockydog said:

This kind of stuff is no more mental than believing in an omnipotent sky-god.

Yes it is.  It's the difference between people who go to church and people who talk to god in the living room, between thinking there might be a theoretical after life and seeing a ghost or getting a message from someone's grave.  

Archived