Spare a Moment for H&M Part 2

Fragile Bird

5 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

I’m not sure it does sound like a royal actually. I wouldn’t have described Liz 2 in that way. 

It absolutely does sound like Harold and Meg, who have made sure everyone listens to them.. whereas the rest of the royals make sure to stay quiet the entire time 

Oh she comes off as very stuck up, narcissistic, entitled, ungrateful, etc. You can describe her in a number of negative ways while she oversaw a declining empire that brutalized untold tens of millions around the world. And if she found you dying of thirst in a desert, she'd probably walkaway from you while calling you a filthy pleb. If you think the Queen was a good person you're sadly mistaken. She just knew how to not say anything publicly while getting the press to do her dirty work. 

The royals are all complete shitheads who have grifted your country for generations. So again ask yourself why are these two so much worse than the actual head of the monarchy that could have done so much good, but instead always prioritized enriching her family and entrenching their power? 

None of these people are worth defending, but on scale Harry and Meghan are pretty low on the long, long list of the problems with the royal family. 

1 minute ago, Tywin et al. said:

Oh she comes off as very stuck up, narcissistic, entitled, ungrateful, etc. You can describe her in a number of negative ways while she oversaw a declining empire that brutalized untold tens of millions around the world. And if she found you dying of thirst in a desert, she'd probably walkaway from you while calling you a filthy pleb. If you think the Queen was a good person you're sadly mistaken. She just knew how to not say anything publicly while getting the press to do her dirty work. 

The royals are all complete shitheads who have grifted your country for generations. So again ask yourself why are these two so much worse than the actual head of the monarchy that could have done so much good, but instead always prioritized enriching her family and entrenching their power? 

None of these people are worth defending, but on scale Harry and Meghan are pretty low on the long, long list of the problems with the royal family. 

Thanks for the rant, but no. Don’t agree. 

5 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

she comes off as very stuck up, narcissistic, entitled, ungrateful, etc. You can describe her in a number of negative ways while she oversaw a declining empire that brutalized untold tens of millions around the world.

You don’t understand if she said racism bad during colonialism she’d become a Political!

2 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

The woman who worked until 2 days before she died at 96?  If that is your idea of a good grift, I don't know what to say.

I don't know whether the queen was a good person or not because she managed to keep her mouth shut for 70 years.  I do know that her grandson, Harry, is not a good person, although he clearly thinks he is a wonderful, great person who has triumphed over so, so, many obstacles.

Just now, Cas Stark said:

The woman who worked until 2 days before she died at 96?  I

Her work was as you described doing small talk to other elites and attending parties with people who worshipped her practically as a god.

She lucked out being born to her rank and clung selfishly to power and prestige she didn’t have to earn..
The reason she didn’t retire decades ago is because a lot less people would give a crap about the sovereign’s mother than the actual sovereign.

2 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

The woman who worked until 2 days before she died at 96?  If that is your idea of a good grift, I don't know what to say.

She was a glorified paid influencer. Not exactly hard work and everyone and their mother was basically pressured into kissing her ass. 

And I can say she's a bad person because she spent all that time overseeing the monarchy. There's simply no defending that unless you agree with royal bloodlines and certain people by birth deserve to have life handed to them.

Oh and she raised a predatory pedophile and protected him. Great human, that.

1 minute ago, Tywin et al. said:

She was a glorified paid influencer. Not exactly hard work and everyone and their mother was basically pressured into kissing her ass. 

And I can say she's a bad person because she spent all that time overseeing the monarchy. There's simply no defending that unless you agree with royal bloodlines and certain people by birth deserve to have life handed to them.

Oh and she raised a predatory pedophile and protected him. Great human, that.

That's the world we live in.  Whether it is business, entertainment or aristocracy.  Some people are born into an A++ situation.  Many of those, as we see with Harry, will still be unhappy, others will self destruct despite the millions or the fame.  But, that's me.  I just don't get hating the late queen because she was the queen or because England was once an imperial power.

*Having sex with a 17 year old is not pedophelia.  Come on.  Andrew may be and probably is a dumb POS, but he's not a pedophile even if he did everything he was accused of.

16 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

don't know whether the queen was a good person or not because she managed to keep her mouth shut for 70 years. 

She wasn’t—she was a parasite who bailed out her pedo son.

16 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

I do know that her grandson, Harry, is not a good person, although he clearly thinks he is a wonderful, great person who has triumphed over so, so, many obstacles

He has in fact worked harder than his grandmother did during her 70 year reign. Though I’ll admit I’m sure her hand got a little tired when waving to crowds during parades held in her honor.

Just now, Cas Stark said:

Having sex with a 17 year old is not pedophelia.  Come on.

Having sex with 15,16,17 year old sex slaves is crape.

1 minute ago, Cas Stark said:

Andrew may be and probably is a dumb POS, but he's not a pedophile even if he did everything he was accused of.

A lot of the accusation is raping minors.

do you really want to go down the road of trying to distinguish this from pedophilia?

2 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Some people are born into an A++ situation.  Many of those, as we see with Harry, will still be unhappy, others will self destruct despite the millions or the fame.  But, that's me.  I just don't get hating the late queen because she was the queen or because England was once an imperial power.

The problem is your trying to make being queen a really hard job that people should be thankful for her taking when it was just a position that she lucked out into and like most old people used positions of power clung to for her own sense of ego.

8 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

That's the world we live in.  Whether it is business, entertainment or aristocracy.  Some people are born into an A++ situation.  Many of those, as we see with Harry, will still be unhappy, others will self destruct despite the millions or the fame.  But, that's me.  I just don't get hating the late queen because she was the queen or because England was once an imperial power.

Yawn. This is a justification for bad behavior and it's all you need to know who the Queen was at her core. She could have done so many wonderful things, far more than she ever considered, but instead she gets praised for keeping her mouth shut while making her family that much more wealthy while neglecting those she ruled over. Not a person I'd look up to, compared to the person who stopped and said wait, this is kind of a fucked up institution that needs to be changed.

It may not be the case now, but I'd bet over time history will remember Harry better than William, who is an empty suit just like their grandmother. 

*Having sex with a 17 year old is not pedophelia.  Come on.  Andrew may be and probably is a dumb POS, but he's not a pedophile even if he did everything he was accused of.

We only know the tip of the iceberg, and all the rumors are some of the girls were much younger than that. 

3 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

do you really want to go down the road of trying to distinguish this from pedophilia?

Pedophelia is sexual attraction to pre-pubescent children. That is literally what the word means.  This isn't a defense of Andrew, but words  have meanings.

11 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Pedophelia is sexual attraction to pre-pubescent children. That is literally what the word means.  This isn't a defense of Andrew, but words  have meanings.

Among other things, most men who sexually assault children are not even pedophiles. They merely choose children as easier targets. If you think that’s better?

And there are many pedophiles (who did not choose their wiring, btw) who never touch a child. Read an enlightening but bleak interview with one of the latter once, opened my eyes to what a horrible deal nature had dealt pedophiles, especially the ones who know how wrong it is and consequently are trying to go their whole lives without giving into the urges they were born with. 

Since reading that I have tried to not use the word to describe the sexual assaulters of children, though I still slip often. 

I am not a doctor or a scientist 

I know something of the issue

It seems to me that there is an incongruity between societal mandates: The age of adulthood, and thus legal ability to dispense with ones person as one wishes: and the 'cmon let's be real. The fucking biological drives. 

I don't think anyone should be afraid to say something like what I just said. In fact I have, myself, felt quite a bit of resentment that I cannot say such a thing without being afraid that I would get called a pedophile for seeking communal input on my -complicated- feelings regarding the matter. 

For example, if a seventeen year old and fifteen year old wanna fuck? And, like it's all cool and okay and shit? I do not understand what is wrong with that. 

Anything beyond that example gets more dicey than I am willing to game atm 

I mean 'cmon. Are we allowed to say things that are basically true, now, even if it exposes us to an opportunity to learn something we may have been wrong about in turn? 

25 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

“Actuwally she was 13 so calling me a pedophile is wrong.” 

16 minutes ago, James Arryn said:

reading that I have tried to not use the word to describe the sexual assaulters of children, though I still slip often. 

You know there may be a nuanced conversation worth discussing but Cas Stark is just using pedantry here to deflect from the fact queen Elizabeth used her power and influence to protect man who raped sex slaves who were minors.

Archived