Spare a Moment for H&M Part 2

Fragile Bird

13 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

Is sitting at a graveside, talking to a departed loved one, something we only see in movies?

Because that seems like perfectly normal behaviour to me, and not something that should be ridiculed. 

It's weird to me. Maybe I'm in the minority though I have to say considering most everyone on here is an atheist, approving coos about Harry talking to his dead mother is, not what I expected.   Meghan trying to talk to her boyfriend's dead mother is even weirder, and if not a red flag it is at least the sign of a major drama queen.  The same as throwing herself on the floor and sobbing over her wedding prep.  To my knowledge I don't know anyone who even knows anyone who has gone to the floor in hysterical tears.  

5 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

I’d say it’s pretty consistent with rest of her emotionally manipulative behaviour and positioning herself as a victim / his dead mother in his mind.

But at the same time, crazy behaviour like that is also consistent with Hollywood types.. so..

Perhaps as a loving wife who identifies with her husband's hurts she was being supportive of him? 

10 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

It's weird to me. Maybe I'm in the minority though I have to say considering most everyone on here is an atheist,

plenty religious people do it too, one of my aunts a southern Baptist for example asked forgiveness from their father while visiting his grave. 

13 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

approving coos about Harry talking to his dead mother is, not what I expected. 

Because not everyone is hyper fixated in finding fault in every move the two makes.

15 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Meghan trying to talk to her boyfriend's dead mother is even weirder, and if not a red flag i

It’s not.

16 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

at least the sign of a major drama queen. 

It’s not.

21 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

The same as throwing herself on the floor and sobbing over her wedding prep.  To my knowledge I don't know anyone who even knows anyone who has gone to the floor in hysterical tears.  

Wow a person getting really stressed out trying to make her wedding as good as possible. What a monster…

20 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Meghan trying to talk to her boyfriend's dead mother is even weirder, and if not a red flag it is at least the sign of a major drama queen.

Well, I don't know the details other than what you told me, but simply asking for "clarity and guidance" at a gravesite is definitely not akin to "trying to talk" to the dead.  It's a fairly common expression of grief and respect.  As far as "drama queen" goes, you seem to depicting this as something like a cosa nostra mother/wife throwing themselves on the grave and making a big spectacle, but, again, that's not what it sounds like from your own description.

26 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

It's weird to me. Maybe I'm in the minority though I have to say considering most everyone on here is an atheist, approving coos about Harry talking to his dead mother is, not what I expected.  

I'd be pretty surprised at a lot of approving coos, but I don't think that's what's happening here. It seems to me like people have acknowledged he's unwell but it seems like a harmless way to grieve her. It seems utterly undeserving of the venom you have leveled at him for it. You are the person who has shown the most emotional investment in his graveside practices. I wouldn't have even known about that except for you bringing it up to ridicule him.

Update on book progress:

Harry has not yet met MM, so I can’t opine, there. Yet.

He does love his military experience (I think he would have been very happy as a career officer). Also, he HATES Camilla. If anyone comes off as evil/manipulative/scheming in Harry’s eyes, it is definitely Camilla.

The book is well-written enough to where one absolutely can imagine easily in order to put oneself in Harry’s shoes. For the haters out there: I recommend you try this. 

ETA - it is very obvious that his mother’s death was pretty much the single defining moment of Harry’s life. Everything from how he relates to his family of origin and his views on women in general goes back to Diana.

31 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

Thinking about anyone other than herself would be DEEPLY out of character. She isn’t that good an actress 

But she's also the greatest manipulator of all time? Which one is it?

Again, the complaints about Meghan are really fucking bizarre.

49 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

Is sitting at a graveside, talking to a departed loved one, something we only see in movies?

Because that seems like perfectly normal behaviour to me, and not something that should be ridiculed. 

The family plot beside that of my parents started over 30 years ago, with their 11-year old son, who died of sickle cell anemia. His father would come regularly and talk to the boy, and he’d bring a baseball and toss it around, playing catch with his dead son. God rest his soul, he died this summer. Other people around us come to chat with their late husbands and wives, children with their parents, other parents to their children. One couple, regularly visiting their deceased spouses, actually married each other.

Kneeling down before the grave of your beloved’s mother and asking for guidance sounds like a woman reaching out to show she understands a deep hurt in his heart. I don’t fault her at all. I don’t think it’s “deeply manipulative” and “a red flag”. Is being in tune with the person you love something you’d describe that way? What kind of relationships do you people have? Do you think your SO is manipulative? Is that the real reason for all this disdain?

28 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

Wow a person getting really stressed out trying to make her wedding as good as possible. What a monster…

Guess that person hasn't been around very many brides ... much less a bride who has global paps, press, and CS's ilks after her.

The behavior of my brother's first wife over her wedding involved floods of tears and tantrums -- in a little nowhere town of ND.

I admit to going to the grave stone of my dead baby sister, leaving a pack of ciggies (she smoked, I didn't) and flowers, with her best friend, and both of us talked to her.  Her best friend still does this several times a year, as she lives where my sister died.  I don't.

Archived