Spare a Moment for H&M Part 2

Fragile Bird

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

I didn't say that you were. Was just saying I've never understood why people talk about her appearance like she was some all time beauty. She's cute, which is fine, but she ain't Salma Hayek making QT drink booze off her foot in From Dusk Till Dawn... 

Don't you dare tease me with that. Don't you dare plant that in my brain!

Now I gotta go... work out. 

https://news.sky.com/story/come-clean-and-apologise-to-meghan-prince-harry-tells-royal-family-12786059

Apparently he halved the book by cutting out the really good shit about ‘Pa’ and ‘Willy’.

If this book has sold well, inagine how well the sequel would do with the ‘gold’ in it

12 hours ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

We're through the looking glass here, people.

I stopped part way through, but though he seemed like the kind of guy I should be disagreeing with…”liberals on the internet”, etc…so far he’s not saying anything too ridiculous that I caught. Most specifically that regardless of what they announce publicly, militaries do teach/encourage/foster something akin to what he termed I think ‘tactical detachment’ during combat, and that not thinking of your adversaries as human is kinda necessary in the moment for lots of people to function militarily, particularly in roles like combat flyers dropping bombs or missiles from above. 

I definitely began to see why I’d normally disagree with this guy with the degree to which we’re supposed to universally praise Harry’s killings because his targets or victims were “taliban”. I mean, how are we sure? What does “Taliban” mean in this context, active combatants? Anyone offering any support? Anyone in any kind of congregation with same? Etc. Moreover, to assume that anyone who is fighting you is the bad guy when you are the foreign invader and they are the native defender is pretty jingoistic, but I’m not 100% sure this guy was doing that here, nor what he means when he says ‘Taliban’, so I can’t flag him for it with certainty.

Now I got bored and turned off way before it was done, I think…it was yesterday I watched it…so maybe he becomes more obviously wrong as it goes on, and like I said his personality and a few phrases made me think he’s the kind of person I’d normally strongly disagree with on political issues, but on I think his main point about detachment I think he’s speaking pretty accurately and reasonably. 

1 hour ago, James Arryn said:

I stopped part way through, but though he seemed like the kind of guy I should be disagreeing with…”liberals on the internet”, etc…so far he’s not saying anything too ridiculous that I caught. Most specifically that regardless of what they announce publicly, militaries do teach/encourage/foster something akin to what he termed I think ‘tactical detachment’ during combat, and that not thinking of your adversaries as human is kinda necessary in the moment for lots of people to function militarily, particularly in roles like combat flyers dropping bombs or missiles from above. 

I definitely began to see why I’d normally disagree with this guy with the degree to which we’re supposed to universally praise Harry’s killings because his targets or victims were “taliban”. I mean, how are we sure? What does “Taliban” mean in this context, active combatants? Anyone offering any support? Anyone in any kind of congregation with same? Etc. Moreover, to assume that anyone who is fighting you is the bad guy when you are the foreign invader and they are the native defender is pretty jingoistic, but I’m not 100% sure this guy was doing that here, nor what he means when he says ‘Taliban’, so I can’t flag him for it with certainty.

Now I got bored and turned off way before it was done, I think…it was yesterday I watched it…so maybe he becomes more obviously wrong as it goes on, and like I said his personality and a few phrases made me think he’s the kind of person I’d normally strongly disagree with on political issues, but on I think his main point about detachment I think he’s speaking pretty accurately and reasonably. 

Vaush is probably to the left Breaking points actually. I'm not super familiar with either of them but I've enjoyed them both. 

This is faux outrage. It's word-salad Faux outrage and it's embarrassing at that. Vaush is absolutely correct here.

Harry was accused of "boasting" about his kills by the tabloids. An accusation that got so much initial traction that there were some military people denouncing Harry in the press. People who were getting paid to go on TV and who, I promise you, never read the book or the relevant passage before they spoke.

He's not claiming to have killed civilians. He's not admitting to war crimes. He's never been accused of either. He wasn't responsible for any high level decision making regarding the Afghan war. The revelation that he killed 25 people isn't even new; it was reported on years ago. The guy was flying an Apache helicopter in a war zone FFS, what do these people think he was doing with it?

By all means, lets have a dialogue of the spectrum of terrible decision making that created modern day Afghanistan.  Lets have a discussion about the use of drones. Is this the way to do it? fuck no.

Just really curious about why I'm supposed to hate these people. Also fascinated by what it is about this couple that makes otherwise thoughtful people completely insane. 

I'm also familiar enough with the English media to know that their tabloids are not only boiling cauldron of human shit, but also insanely powerful. 

37 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

I would have never figured this web site had a bunch of #sussexsquad followers.  

IMHO, “bravery” means stuff like fighting in Ukraine.

Not, moaning about one’s frozen knob and lack of privileges.

13 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Just really curious about why I'm supposed to hate these people. Also fascinated by what it is about this couple that makes otherwise thoughtful people completely insane. 

I'm also familiar enough with the English media to know that their tabloids are not only boiling cauldron of human shit, but also insanely powerful. 

No one said you are supposed to 'hate' them. But reasons 1 & 2 to dislike them is that they are huge hypocrites and their relationship to objective truth is on par with Donald Trump's.  In my opinion.

7 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

No one said you are supposed to 'hate' them. But reasons 1 & 2 to dislike them is that they are huge hypocrites and their relationship to objective truth is on par with Donald Trump's.  In my opinion.

I think this belongs more in the more general royals topic, but yeah, that's why it's good Harry's coming at them like this. Might lead to the institution being abolished.

1 hour ago, SeanF said:

IMHO, “bravery” means stuff like fighting in Ukraine.

Not, moaning about one’s frozen knob and lack of privileges.

An odd comment, seeing as Harry fought in Afghanistan.

Also, there are numerous kinds of bravery. Women (and men) moving out of abusive relationships are one kind, regardless of how many wars they may or may not have participated in. Of course its on a spectrum, but not everyone needs to have participated in the highest form of it.

47 minutes ago, IheartIheartTesla said:

Also, there are numerous kinds of bravery. Women (and men) moving out of abusive relationships are one kind, regardless of how many wars they may or may not have participated in. Of course its on a spectrum, but not everyone needs to have participated in the highest form of it.

He's directly taking on the British media, including Rupert Murdoch, which many politicians and his own family are too scared (or perhaps too complicit) to do.

1 hour ago, IheartIheartTesla said:

Oh but did he single handily win ww2?

Anything less than that is beta. 

3 hours ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Moanaholic, narcissistic, compulsive lying, virtue signalling, victimhood complex, self made martyrs, privileged but completely ungrateful or aware of it, hypocritical, attention seeking… idiots.

Not sure what there is to like. 

3 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

Moanaholic, narcissistic, compulsive lying, virtue signalling, victimhood complex, self made martyrs, privileged but completely ungrateful or aware of it, hypocritical, attention seeking… idiots.

Not sure what there is to like. 

Sounds like a royal to me. Why don't you hate the others with such vigor? 

1 minute ago, Tywin et al. said:

Sounds like a royal to me. Why don't you hate the others with such vigor? 

I’m not sure it does sound like a royal actually. I wouldn’t have described Liz 2 in that way. 

It absolutely does sound like Harold and Meg, who have made sure everyone listens to them.. whereas the rest of the royals make sure to stay quiet the entire time 

Archived