Vaegon and Maegelle

Vaedys Targaryen

Why didn't Alysanne marry Vaegon and Maegelle to each other?

Think about it; they're only one year apart in age (with Maegelle being the older one), they're both bookish and studious, and they're both very intelligent. Compare that with Vaegon and Daella.

Now maybe it's just me, but I personally like to think that Vaegon would've liked Maegelle because the two of them have a lot in common, for the reasons stated above.

Obviously because the decision to have Maegelle join the Faith was made at a time before it was clear that Vaegon and Daella didn't get along like people expected they would. The decision was announced publicly in 73 AC when Maegelle was ten years old. Obviously the decision to cancel the informal Vaegon-Daella was made later in the same year. Other sisters are briefly considered as potential brides for Vaegon when they give up the Daella plan ... that they don't consider Maegelle then means she was already with the Faith at the time.

It is pretty clear that George moved around the birth order when writing FaB to ensure the matches and potential matches among the children made more sense.

6 hours ago, Vaedys Targaryen said:

Why didn't Alysanne marry Vaegon and Maegelle to each other?

Think about it; they're only one year apart in age (with Maegelle being the older one), they're both bookish and studious, and they're both very intelligent. Compare that with Vaegon and Daella.

Now maybe it's just me, but I personally like to think that Vaegon would've liked Maegelle because the two of them have a lot in common, for the reasons stated above.

Vaegon could have interacted with her if he wanted, but he doesn’t seem to have ever bothered. He wasn’t looking for someone who matched his energy, he wasn’t interested in anyone. Just a deeply introverted and antisocial little brat who buried himself in the Sept’s library the first chance he got.

Archived