Questions regarding Realm of the Elderlings (Robin Hobb)

Nicomo Cosca

So, I recently read and fell completely in love with The Farseer Trilogy and I’m looking forward to keep reading the rest of the RotE novels. 

I know the reading order of the 4 subsequent series, but I read that there are also short stories set in the same world. My questions are, where can I find all those stories? How many are there? Is there a specific order in which I should read them? I can’t seem to find a concrete answer anywhere.

I kind of want to dive into the short stories before starting any of the other series, just because my life at work is going to be crazy for a few months and I need my Robin Hobb fix lol

You'll definitely want to check out the Willful Princess and the Piebald Prince.

It looks like Goodreads may have done a decent job putting the series list together in in-world chronological order:

The Realm of the Elderlings Series by Robin Hobb - Goodreads https://www.goodreads.com/series/54099-the-realm-of-the-elderlings

Despite being a huge huge fan of Hobb and each series in the world, I've honestly not dug into all of these short stories before. You may do fine focusing on the major books for now, if any of these are hard to come by.

7 minutes ago, Underfoot said:

You'll definitely want to check out the Willful Princess and the Piebald Prince.

It looks like Goodreads may have done a decent job putting the series list together in in-world chronological order:

The Realm of the Elderlings Series by Robin Hobb - Goodreads https://www.goodreads.com/series/54099-the-realm-of-the-elderlings

Despite being a huge huge fan of Hobb and each series in the world, I've honestly not dug into all of these short stories before. You may do fine focusing on the major books for now, if any of these are hard to come by.

Thanks! I’ll deffinetly check out TWPatPP. Probably after reading Liveships and before getting ready to resume Fitz’ story.

It looks like reading all those short stories is going to be a big investment though, if I have to get all those anthologies to read them.

I was hoping there was a compilation of them like Sharp Ends or A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms, but sadly it doesn’t seem there is.

Homecoming, The Wilful Princess and the Piebald Prince and Cat’s Meat are all years before Fitz’s time, so you could read them now.

Words Like Coins, Blue Boots and Her Father’s Sword take place around the time of the Farseer trilogy, so could also be read now. 

The Inheritance is set between the series you just read and the next one so, yep, can also be read now.

Archived