Is Arya Going to die?

Corvo the Crow

12 hours ago, MissM said:

What do you base our "suspicion" on? Besides your obvious hate for a character you barely understand. 

I considered answering your question.  But then your next comment suggested you are not interested in my answer.

So I will satisfy myself with saying the following:

First, that I have no inside information, do not actually know what will happen if GRRM finishes the books, and cannot prove anything.  So relax and don't worry.

Second, I don't hate Arya.  I was only brainstorming an idea.  Which is based on something, but there is no point in telling you about it since it will only make you angry.

Peace!

She hid her sword for this exact reason, to return to Needle when it's time to go home. 

I do expect her to go home. 

You can't just "lose" your connection to a direwolf. Especially considering Arya has the send strongest warg abilities of the current Starks. 

You may be right, for all I know.

On 1/15/2023 at 2:21 PM, Gilbert Green said:

My suspicion is that Arya will lose her connection to her Direwolf -- in the process of losing her Stark identity and becoming "no-one".  This is one of the prices she must pay for her dark path.

Someone else will bond with Nym.

She's not going to become "no one" and she's not going to become a Faceless Man either.  She's retaining too much of her identity and her training isn't going in that direction.  Also, her bond with Nymeria is getting stronger, not weaker.

On 1/15/2023 at 2:50 PM, Gilbert Green said:

When her dad told her that the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives, he was trying (unsuccessfully) to convince her not to hate her sister.

When Arya thinks back on her father's words, she thinks that dad was wrong, since Arya is the lone wolf, and only Arya survives.

She has forgotten Sansa.  Not because she mistakenly thinks Sansa dead.  It is merely that she hates Sansa.

Sansa, btw, does not have a direwolf.  It not that Sansa will live on as part of Lady, but rather that Lady lives on as part of Sansa.  The ghost wolf, big as mountains.

She hasn't forgotten Sansa.  She remembers her when she hides Needle.  And she doesn't hate her.  She merely finds her annoying.

No, she's not going to die anytime soon.   Certainly not before the last half of the last book.  She won't lose her identity either, although she could come awfully close.

15 minutes ago, Nevets said:

No, she's not going to die anytime soon.   Certainly not before the last half of the last book. 

That's a pretty safe bet.  But you've changed the question.

15 minutes ago, Nevets said:

She won't lose her identity either, although she could come awfully close.

Well, if she comes awfully close, then I will count my idea as awfully close.  I will at least be able to say I identified a theme.

43 minutes ago, Gilbert Green said:

That's a pretty safe bet.  But you've changed the question.

Well, if she comes awfully close, then I will count my idea as awfully close.  I will at least be able to say I identified a theme.

Oh, I expect her to survive past the end of the series.  I was merely pointing out that 1) she will make it at least until the series nears its end, and 2) by the end, nobody is entirely safe.  But she is safe until then, which is more than I can say for most of the cast.

Arya's identity, and its potential loss, has been an ongoing theme since the second book.  So nothing new there.  It will continue, but she won't lose who she is, however close she may come. 

Archived