A marriage between Sansa and Edmure

I have not found anything about this in the internet, but I think, based on their personalities, they would be a very good couple. House Stark and House Tully would also be connected for another generation. I know, they are related, but Starks married relatives in the past and its not uncommon in Westeros. I would like to hear your thoughts about these two readheads and why no one thought about a marriage between Sansa and Edmure.

I am not sure how an uncle-niece marriage would be treated. Cousin marriages seem fine but...this seems like the Faith won't like it. I don't think Catelyn would like it either. Or Sansa. Or anyone involved in the matter. Also, House Stark and Tully are already connected, so they might as well 'save' Sansa to build an alliance with another House.

3 minutes ago, Craving Peaches said:

I am not sure how an uncle-niece marriage would be treated. Cousin marriages seem fine but...this seems like the Faith won't like it. I don't think Catelyn would like it either. Or Sansa. Or anyone involved in the matter. Also, House Stark and Tully are already connected, so they might as well 'save' Sansa to build an alliance with another House.

A woman, who was also called Sansa Stark married her half-uncle Jonnel. Serena Stark married also her half-uncle Edric Stark. Starks also did not believe in the southern faith. I had thought, that Catelyn could like it, when Sansa married a man, who can be surely trusted.

10 minutes ago, Terrorthatflapsinthenight9 said:

An uncle/niece marriage ? 

Yuck !!!  No offense but incest totally disgusts me.

The Starks and Tullys would have never done this, they aren't like the Targaryens.

As much as I'm disgusted by incest, the alley of Targaryens, and dislike Andals and their false ways of the seven, Starks have a precedent for Uncle/niece marriage in the form of Sansa and Jonnel and first men have a precedent of sibling marriage in some Durrandon King's bastard son usurping the throne of his simpleminded brother, the next king, in all but name and marrying the simpleminded king's sister. It seems Andals have done at least one thing good, limiting the marriage to cousins at closest.

8 minutes ago, Terrorthatflapsinthenight9 said:

An uncle/niece marriage ? 

Yuck !!!  No offense but incest totally disgusts me.

The Starks and Tullys would have never done this, they aren't like the Targaryens.

Marriages between relatives are very common in westeros. Starks married more than a few times other Starks. Neds parents were first cousins.

3 minutes ago, Der_Erste_seines_Namens said:

A woman, who was also called Sansa Stark married her half-uncle Jonnel. Serena Stark married also her half-uncle Edric Stark. Starks also did not believe in the southern faith. I had thought, that Catelyn could like it, when Sansa married a man, who can be surely trusted.

Yes. It is foreshadowing for Jon-Sansa marriage since that Jonnel is one eyed(Jon has a scar over his eye) and Sansa is the heir of a Rickon(ours is sister, the older one is daughter).

6 minutes ago, Der_Erste_seines_Namens said:

That's true, but they were only half-uncles and presumably all followed the Old Gods, whereas Catelyn follows the Seven. I agree Catelyn would want Sansa to have a trustworthy husband, I just don't think she'd want her brother to marry her daughter.

1 minute ago, Craving Peaches said:

That's true, but they were only half-uncles and presumably all followed the Old Gods, whereas Catelyn follows the Seven. I agree Catelyn would want Sansa to have a trustworthy husband, I just don't think she'd want her brother to marry her daughter.

Tywin married his cousin and they are both most likely not old god followers.

Just now, Der_Erste_seines_Namens said:

Edmure was not always married. I think he would have liked Sansas prettiness. Hoster would probably also like the idea, to have his granddaughter in Riverun.

The point is, right “now” (in universe), Edmure is married to Roslyn Frey. 
And if that wasn’t the case, EEEEEWWWWWWW. 

:)

3 minutes ago, Der_Erste_seines_Namens said:

Edmure was not always married. I think he would have liked Sansas prettiness. Hoster would probably also like the idea, to have his granddaughter in Riverrun.

Sansa looks too much like Catelyn, Edmure's sister, so a Sansa-Edmure marriage is too Targy for my taste. I don't think Edmure has a secret thing for Cat.

13 minutes ago, Craving Peaches said:

But it's a step more incestuous than a cousin marriage though. Are there any examples of followers of the Seven participating in an Uncle-Niece marriage in the series?

Arianne had an crush on Oberyn and would find it better to marry him, than to marry Walder Frey, I think. Targaryens believe also in the faith of the Seven.

Archived