Spare a Moment for H&M, Part 3

Mr. Chatywin et al.

3 hours ago, maarsen said:

I always figured sibling jealousy was at the root of this lawsuit. 

Ya fools, asses, bigots, etc. which include, though aren't limited to both Meghan's father and sister, who want some of that, o that want SOME, they believe they are entitled to a Great Big Some, just can't stay away from Meghan, can they?  

Funny, having an extra curricular lunch with some New Orleans attorneys last week, even they were talking about this, and what jerkwaddies were everyone hatin' on Meghan, along with those those resentful that somehow They aren't cashin' in on her marriage, fer pete's sake.  Trust me when I share these attorneys are not the sort of people who watch royalty, other than the local New Orleans royalty of Mardi Gras.

Edited by Zorral

Hmm. South Park is often capable of nuance but they seem to be awfully superficial here. how do I know? Meghan isn't Canadian. 

Also, it's ironic that, after Meghan not making any public statements for about 2 months and Harry being likewise low-profile for almost a month, they are now trending on twitter... because of an episode complaining they are overexposed. 

Do they include anything in the episode about Tabloids tapping their phones or planting tracking devices on their cars? Only asking. 

5 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Do they include anything in the episode about Tabloids tapping their phones or planting tracking devices on their cars? Only asking. 

Some children just need her to be called a bitch and it's the absolute funniest, incisive skewering that they've every seen. Screeching it out for all to hear.

6 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Hmm. South Park is often capable of nuance but they seem to be awfully superficial here. how do I know? Meghan isn't Canadian. 

Also, it's ironic that, after Meghan not making any public statements for about 2 months and Harry being likewise low-profile for almost a month, they are now trending on twitter... because of an episode complaining they are overexposed. 

Maybe the guys at South Park don’t automatically fall for Megan and Harry’s bollocks and are somehow able to see through their embarrassing cries of victimhood.…

Im just putting that out there. 

12 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

Maybe the guys at South Park don’t automatically fall for Megan and Harry’s bollocks

Eh.

I find the accusation of hypocrisy against Harry for complaining about British tabloids yet writing an autobiography really weak.

”You say you hate journalists? But you write about your life’s experiences that feature other people.  that makes you a journalist!” It just doesn’t track.

33 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

Maybe the guys at South Park don’t automatically fall for Megan and Harry’s bollocks and are somehow able to see through their embarrassing cries of victimhood.…

Did you read Jeremy Clarkson's apology letter? Written only after the backlash threatened to fuck with his money? That was embarassing. Twelve paragraphs of, "Oh poor me". and "Yeah, yeah, yeah, its all messed up" before he got around to something sort of resembling, "I'm sorry." Did you see Nigel Farage and Piers Morgan gallantly leap to his defense after he got a fraction of the treatment they've been getting for years? Pussies. 

He deserves a second chance I guess. Or is that a third chance? I've lost track. When he slapped around a Top Gear flunky for not having a hot meal for him after a hard day being a millionaire driving sports cars for a living; what chance was that?

Speaking of Piers Morgan, how about that, "I'd love to an interview with them", after a month of saying "Shut up and go away." How about GB News and various other UK outlets running "Where's Meghan" stories after doing likewise or just flat out making shit up? 

The obvious point, that the South Park guys totally missed is that they are in it.  They have no choice not to be in it. If they escaped to Antarctica and lived a mile below the ice it'd only be a matter of weeks before the Daily Mail sent an army of guys with cameras to harass them. That's what happened in Canada; That's what happened when hey went to L.A.

But never mind all that. Why does Meghan have a flappy head in that show? Don't they know she's American? 

Edited by Deadlines? What Deadlines?

p.s. Those same toxic brits who are cheering South Park for this episode are going to be spitting blood if they do an episode mocking the coronation, which you know is coming. 

p.p.s. ...and I'm going to laugh my fucking ass off. 

11 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

The obvious point, that the South Park guys totally missed is that they are in it.  They have no choice not to be in it. If they escaped to Antarctica and lived a mile below the ice it'd only be a matter of weeks before the Daily Mail sent an army of guys with cameras to harass them. That's what happened in Canada; That's what happened when hey went to L.A.

But never mind all that. Why does Meghan have a flappy head in that show? Don't they know she's American? 

It’s probably because of the strong connection to Canada. Suits was filmed in Toronto, and Harry would secretly fly in to spend time with her. And he held the Invictus Games here.

19 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

Stand strong with your 

28 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

“God they won’t shut up!

20 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Jeremy Clarkson's apology letter?

Clarkson is the one who said he hated Megan more than a serial killer and wanted to strip her in public?

1 hour ago, Heartofice said:

I understand this is satire, and opinions may vary.  But just so I understand the argument here, is it that public figures have no right to privacy? Or they waive that right at some point?

I get the argument from hypocrisy.   And of course, public figures will want to monetize their life/experiences and share carefully shaped and edited narratives.  Doing investigative reporting, and calling them out is totally legit.  But you do accept there are some things they can choose not to share and cannot be compelled to right? One of those being their children. 

13 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

Clarkson is the one who said he hated Megan more than a serial killer and wanted to strip her in public?

10 minutes ago, Gaston de Foix said:

And pelt her with shit.  Let's not forget the shit-pelting.  

That was the straw that broke the camels back but it wasn't the only one. 

He wrote a previous article where he mentioned something about wanting see photos of Meghan on a millionaires yacht and in front of the Taj Mahal; an obvious reference to Lady Di. Then he wishes her a "long life" and "She should know this" (wink, wink) and then he spends two short paragraphs fantasizing about what her funeral will be like. The whole thing was creepy as shit. 

13 minutes ago, Gaston de Foix said:

I understand this is satire, and opinions may vary.  But just so I understand the argument here, is it that public figures have no right to privacy? Or they waive that right at some point?

I get the argument from hypocrisy.   And of course, public figures will want to monetize their life/experiences and share carefully shaped and edited narratives.  Doing investigative reporting, and calling them out is totally legit.  But you do accept there are some things they can choose not to share and cannot be compelled to right? One of those being their children. 

I'm listening to the part in Spare about Harry's time in the military.

He was originally going to be deployed to Iraq but that was scuttled after it came out in the press.

His first tour in Afghanistan was cut short after an Aussie publication reported he was there, which was picked up by an American website and then went worldwide in a matter of days. He found out because he was working a radio that night and he heard all this chatter about "Red Fox". He eventually pieced together that Red Fox was a person and that person was him. "Red Fox" was the American's code name for him. The Taliban were looking for him. They got him on a plane immediately. 

On his second tour, (when he was flying Apache helicopters), similar reporting actually contributed to getting a couple of guys killed in an attack that was chosen because he was on that base and it was supposedly his birthday. He was there. 

This is so fucked up. "War" apparently isn't a good enough reason to leave him alone. 

37 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

Haha, the replies to this thread are even funnier than the South Park clip!

buh.. buh.. Meghan isn’t even Canadian.. why does she have a wobble head!! Waaah! 

*insert overlong rant about Jeremy Clarkson. 

Hahah. Classic. 

Yawn. "Words".

Two paragraphs is overlong? I'll use smaller words next time.  

6 hours ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

The episode seems to have been a big hit with Right Wing nut jobs on my twitter feed. Is that the South Park audience these days or are Harry and Meghan just favourite targets for the anti-woke brigade?

1 hour ago, Wall Flower said:

The episode seems to have been a big hit with Right Wing nut jobs on my twitter feed. Is that the South Park audience these days or are Harry and Meghan just favourite targets for the anti-woke brigade?

Samantha Markle is a MAGA chud. Apparently her lawyers once represented Trump. 

47 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Samantha Markle is a MAGA chud. Apparently her lawyers once represented Trump. 

Probably explains why I can't help being sympathetic to Harry and Meghan as I'm on the opposite side politically and personally to the people that hate them. I also absolutely despise the tabloids and RW press that target them. As an Aussie, it's the Murdoch press that has my particular ire and Harry's visceral hatred of Murdoch warms my lefty heart. 

I was looking into the question about why South Park shows Canadians with those wobbly heads.

I’ve heard so many people brag about the fine example of US humor the show is, but actually the head writer is a Canadian and, ergo, brings in the Canadian jokes, and so of course, the show highlights Canadian humor (I think other writers are Americans). 

The characters were originally a parody within the parody, but then they became regular characters. I saw interesting speculation that they were given wobbly heads because of the fact Americans view all foreigners with suspicion, and the Canadians represent all foreigners. 

So by making Markle an honorary Canadian, the show is just pointing out that she’s an outsider, a foreigner. Well done, South Park, well done!

49 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

I was looking into the question about why South Park shows Canadians with those wobbly heads.

I’ve heard so many people brag about the fine example of US humor the show is, but actually the head writer is a Canadian and, ergo, brings in the Canadian jokes, and so of course, the show highlights Canadian humor (I think other writers are Americans). 

The characters were originally a parody within the parody, but then they became regular characters. I saw interesting speculation that they were given wobbly heads because of the fact Americans view all foreigners with suspicion, and the Canadians represent all foreigners. 

So by making Markle an honorary Canadian, the show is just pointing out that she’s an outsider, a foreigner. Well done, South Park, well done!

Or it's just ignorance. Anyone with even a superficial knowledge of this story knows she's an American who worked in Canada for a few years.

I once worked with a Texan at an office in Oklahoma. We used to joke that we were both foreigners. Nice guy.