Spare a Moment for H&M, Part 3

Mr. Chatywin et al.

There are a disturbing number of people on this thread who seem to think being followed by six blacked out SUV’s and an unknown number of motorcycle/ scooter riders for two hours is normal. 

also, if the person piloting the vehicle is solely responsible for what happens to that vehicle, as has been argued in the Lady Di incident, you cannot simultaneously argue that they are also responsible for the actions of the paparazzi in their vehicles. Did it ever occur to these fucking idiots that maybe they shouldn’t be giving chase?

Also people don't seem to get that not only were the objects of the chase in danger, but even more so the people on the sidewalks, walking, eating, and in the streets, driving.  Evidently they have no idea what the streets are like now in Manhattan, and the incredible density of vehicles from foot propelled scooters and roller skaters, to electric scooters, electric bikes, bicycles, cars and trucks of all sizes, the many one-way streets, blocks that closed off to traffic, the restaurant sheds and tables out in the streets now. 

I saw just last week a woman critically injured, who was riding her bike the wrong way on a one way street, ran through a red traffic light just as the waiting cars started move through the intersection.  She ran herself right into a car, zipping through.  I was in shock seeing her go flying.  Imagine how the driver felt and is feeling, and in no way was this the driver's fault.

It doesn't appear there was any high speed chase and that if anyone was driving recklessly it was Harry and Meg's security.  Perhaps they need a different security team, since world leaders, A list celebrities and other royals of various countries come in and out of NYC every day and no one is chased for two hours in a 'near catastrophic' situation by the papparazi.  Just them?  

48 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

There are a disturbing number of people on this thread who seem to think being followed by six blacked out SUV’s and an unknown number of motorcycle/ scooter riders for two hours is normal.

Don't you get it? It's not that big a deal. They totally deserved it.

Seriously, some of the comments here are so weird and lack any form of self awareness - it honestly reads like parody

Edited by Raja

Police sources described to ABC News a different version of events from the one described by Harry and Meghan's spokesperson.

Two New York Police Department detectives were present at the Ziegfeld when Harry and Meghan emerged from the event and drove alongside the couple's private vehicle to get them home.

Along the way, police sources said photographers on bicycles are visible on security cameras but not the kind of caravan described by sources close to Harry and Meghan.

The police interaction with the couple lasted no more than 20 minutes, according to police sources. If the episode lasted the two hours Meghan and Harry say it did, it was due to their own security wanting to avoid revealing where they were staying, not because they were being chased, the sources said.

Buddy, just stop. It's so weird how some of you hate these two soooo much, and when they tell you we're being chased and need security, your response is basically, "Well you're not not being chased that badly." FFS. 

No one should ever take the side of the slimeball paparazzi. 

Edited by Tywin et al.

And again what is there in this you don't get?

The police were involved, tried to get the jerkwaddies chasers to stop, who then veered dangerously all through sidewalks and streets, and swarmed them at the police station?

11 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Buddy, just stop. It's so weird how some of you hate these two soooo much, and when they tell you we're being chased and need security, your response is basically, "Well you're not not being chased that badly." FFS. 

No one should ever take the side of the slimeball paparazzi. 

Why not take the side of working media instead of pampered dishonest millionaires?  What is hilarious is how these two can straight up lie and people still support them, and believe them or pretend to believe them even when evidence proves at best they have wildly exaggerated what happened.    

Edited by Cas Stark

1 hour ago, Cas Stark said:

It is important to note that these photographers have a professional responsibility to cover newsworthy events and personalities, including public figures such as Prince Harry and Meghan Markle."

"According to the accounts given by these freelance contributors, they were covering the couple's stay in New York City, including the possibility of a dinner after an award ceremony.

Yeah absolutely nobody in the world has a "professional responsibility" to "cover" private citizens possibly going to dinner.  I'm sure that company's legal had them put out the statement, but it's extremely tone deaf.

5 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Why not take the side of working media instead of pampered dishonest millionaires?  What is hilarious is how these two can straight up lie and people still support them, and believe them or pretend to believe them even when evidence proves at best they have wildly exaggerated what happened.    

These two are actually boring fucking people who don't have much to say. But you gave the game away with the bloded. Just admit what it is, jealousy. 

1 minute ago, Tywin et al. said:

These two are actually boring fucking people who don't have much to say. But you gave the game away with the bloded. Just admit what it is, jealousy. 

It's true, if I went to the media with a series of shaky mostly non factual claims, I probably wouldn't get an Oprah inteview, millions of followers, my own 'squad'  or $20M to write a book about my troubles, so maybe I am jealous. 

13 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

It's true, if I went to the media with a series of shaky mostly non factual claims, I probably wouldn't get an Oprah inteview, millions of followers, my own 'squad'  or $20M to write a book about my troubles, so maybe I am jealous. 

Why? I don't think their lives sound like much fun even if they've got a lot of money and fame.

17 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Why? I don't think their lives sound like much fun even if they've got a lot of money and fame.

It was a joke, and you are the one who said I was jealous of them.  I'm not.  I wouldn't want Harry's mental issues even with his money since his money has clearly not been able to help him.  They're jerks, they lie, they exaggerate, and it IS annoying that people still are sympathetic when it is obvious they are dishonest drama queens. I mean come on, no one in New York can legit believe there was a fucking two hour high speed chase through midtown and no footage of said chase has emerged, no one called 911 and no arrests or tickets.  The NYPD already debunked most of what they claimed. 

Edited by Cas Stark

15 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

It was a joke, and you are the one who said I was jealous of them.  I'm not.  I wouldn't want Harry's mental issues even with his money since his money has clearly not been able to help him.  They're jerks, they lie, they exaggerate, and it IS annoying that people still are sympathetic when it is obvious they are dishonest drama queens. I mean come on, no one in New York can legit believe there was a fucking two hour high speed chase through midtown and no footage of said chase has emerged, no one called 911 and no arrests or tickets.  The NYPD already debunked most of what they claimed. 

I can believe they were harassed for a long time by paparazzies. Again, these people are basically professional stalkers. I'm sure they embellished the time length, but it does seem clear that they were being followed in a way both of us would hate.

Furthermore, why do you feel the need to make a quip about his mental health? Or call them jerks? The Queen was one of the biggest jerks to ever live. Harry is probably a dick in a lot of ways, but not as much as her or the current King. I've said forever they should all be striped of their titles and money, but why are you so mad at him?