Jump to content

Spare a Moment for H&M, Part 3


Tywin et al.

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Heartofice said:

#BelieveAllMeghans

Tell me you don't have a good response without telling me you have a good response.

 

1 hour ago, Cas Stark said:

Yes, based on his own words and actions I absolutely believe he would say 'fuck protocol' he's been raging against protocol his entire life.  He has had minders and cleaners handling his BS his entire life, fixing things for him, enabling him, etc.   He has also shown himself to be a petty, jealous, disloyal person and despite what you want to think, I am sure his actions of the last years were very, very hurtful to his grandparents. 

(snipping the rest for space)

Your unhinged and highly detailed rants about every mortal sin committed by Harry say a lot more about you than about him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Millions of people are interested in the British Royal Family.  This is why the tabloids cover them, why there is an entire sub group of 'royal experts' who comment on the RF for a living, why dozens of books have been written about various members of the famly and why Harry's book is the fastest selling autobiography in history.  I'm certainly not alone. 

But thanks for the negative, highly personal comment just the same.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

Millions of people are interested in the British Royal Family.  This is why the tabloids cover them, why there is an entire sub group of 'royal experts' who comment on the RF for a living, why dozens of books have been written about various members of the famly and why Harry's book is the fastest selling autobiography in history.  I'm certainly not alone. 

But thanks for the negative, highly personal comment just the same.

This is a motte and Bailey.

You’re attempting to frame the criticism against you as being due to something more innocuous—having an interest in the royal family—when the criticism is more substantive—unhinged rants about by every mortal sin real or perceived about Harry especially when they seem so minor.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

This is a motte and Bailey.

You’re attempting to frame the criticism against you as being due to something more innocuous—having an interest in the royal family—when the criticism is more substantive—unhinged rants about by every mortal sin real or perceived about Harry especially when they seem so minor.

This is kind of a pattern. Rebuttals with only the flimsiest connection the other person's argument, with some irrelevant crap thrown in (I still remember my befuddlement when I said the civil rights movement of the 60s was more violent than people realize and that MLK was very unpopular at the time, and then I got some lecture about how Cas's mother didn't. Fit. In. My. Box). And then the victim routine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

This is a motte and Bailey.

You’re attempting to frame the criticism against you as being due to something more innocuous—having an interest in the royal family—when the criticism is more substantive—unhinged rants about by every mortal sin real or perceived about Harry especially when they seem so minor.

You must have a very expansive view of what an 'unhinged rant' is, but whatever.  Enjoy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

You must have a very expansive view of what an 'unhinged rant' is, but whatever.  Enjoy.

Can you concede criticism(rightly or wrongly)  of you doing unhinged rants about Harry’s sins isn’t automatically equivalent to criticism of you just having an interest in the RF?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/18/2023 at 7:13 AM, Cas Stark said:

Yes, based on his own words and actions I absolutely believe he would say 'fuck protocol' he's been raging against protocol his entire life.  He has had minders and cleaners handling his BS his entire life, fixing things for him, enabling him, etc.   He has also shown himself to be a petty, jealous, disloyal person and despite what you want to think, I am sure his actions of the last years were very, very hurtful to his grandparents. 

Based on his own words, he was perfectly fine with "protocol". He literally says so in the book.

On 2/18/2023 at 7:13 AM, Cas Stark said:

Harry being a jerk to Angela Kelly is not any kind of story about Meghan being 'uppity', that is pure spin to inject race into a story where it has no legitimate bearing on things.   That spin is only there to paint anyone who doesn't buy into H&M's version of things as a 'hater' and a racist.

"uppity" and "social climber" have both been terms that have been used to describe Meghan int the English press.

On 2/18/2023 at 7:13 AM, Cas Stark said:

ETA...worth noting that it looks to me like Harry did a very poor job of helping Meghan adjust, putting her in bad situations, like failure to follow protocol over the tiara, hosting Will and Kate for the first time shoeless in ripped jeans.  These are pitfalls that Harry easily could have ensured Meghan avoided. He didn't.  He likes breaking protocol and shocking his family, he gets off on it.  

Fuck his family. You're talking about this stuff like it actually matters. And, I'll say again, protocol was not a problem regarding the tiara.

It also rebuts the claim that his book confirms the "official" version of events. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I realize the UK has a different legal system than the U.S. but im amazed Charles could evict Harry from a cottage tbat was gifted to him by Elizabeth?

At a minimum he should have standing to recoup his costly renovations.

It smells like thievery from afar (on the Royals part).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

He hadn't been gifted it, just allowed to lease it, so there's nothing really unusual there. 

 

In purely practical terms I don't really care, they can afford a nice house wherever, but it is pretty stupid that Charlie is kicking out his son to let the nonce stay there. Like ffs. 


But we shouldn't forget that poor, helpless Charles who has never behaved badly to his children has no choice but to punish his underhand aggressive sneak of a son.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, polishgenius said:

He hadn't been gifted it, just allowed to lease it, so there's nothing really unusual there

Its just that its been repeatedely publicized as having been "gifted" to Harry and Meghan from Queen Elizabeth, when apparently it was far from a gift.

"Here remodel this and then, get out!"

Its a pretty crappy look and to add insult to injury its to accomodate the resident royal pedo Andrew?  (Absurdity)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

On the other hand, this is a total slam to Andrew who had previously been living with Fergie in another Crown Estate property that was FAR more luxurious, apparently.

Frogmore Cottage is apparently a steep decline from whatever hunting lodge he was in. Yet, Fergie and the Queen’s corgis stay :rofl:

Yeah, this is the 'royal lodge' wherre he lives now.  Thirty bedrooms.  Nice work if you can get it.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/royal-interiors--314900198915937262/

Worth noting that H and M only had to pay for the renovations because they quit as working royals.  The costs had been paid for by the soverign grant, but when they left the UK they were asked to repay the funds since they would  no longer be living there or doing any royal work.  

All of the grace and favor lodgings are at the pleasure of the monarch, though it seems like Liz tried to protect Andrew by giving him a 99 year lease several years ago.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Its just that its been repeatedely publicized as having been "gifted" to Harry and Meghan from Queen Elizabeth, when apparently it was far from a gift.

"Here remodel this and then, get out!"

Its a pretty crappy look and to add insult to injury its to accomodate the resident royal pedo Andrew?  (Absurdity)

 

Haha, serves them right. Nice one Charlie.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/2/2023 at 12:55 PM, DireWolfSpirit said:

I realize the UK has a different legal system than the U.S. but im amazed Charles could evict Harry from a cottage tbat was gifted to him by Elizabeth?

At a minimum he should have standing to recoup his costly renovations.

It smells like thievery from afar (on the Royals part).

Not gifted exactly. QE2 offered it to them as their permanent residence in the UK, but it's still property of the crown. The place had apparently been subdivided into staff living quarters at one point but had sat empty for a number of years. That's why the renovation was so expensive. Empty real estate doesn't age well. Plus the place is 200 years old.

They probably would have been better off tearing the thing down and building new. It's a historical building though.

After they left they reimbursed the crown for the renovations and had been paying a lease on the place. And yeah, they should get some of the renovation moneys back now that they're out and Andrew is in. Otherwise "moving out" should involve pulling all the fixtures, basins, appliances, and very millimeter of copper wire out of the place. Tony Soprano style. 

What's interesting is the amount of press coverage this has gotten. Like, there's a lot of it. Much of it praising King Charles for the "savage burn" or whatever. There's also a tendency among some news outlets to post pictures of Frogmore House (a mansion), and not Frogmore Cottage in their stories. A weird mistake since they've probably photographed the place hundreds of times over the years. 

The Mail online just ran a story about Tyler Perry visiting them in California. The accompanying photo is literally of a single black suburban turning into a driveway. You can't even see who the driver is. This is beyond parody. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/3/2023 at 9:03 PM, Cas Stark said:

Yeah, this is the 'royal lodge' wherre he lives now.  Thirty bedrooms.  Nice work if you can get it.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/royal-interiors--314900198915937262/

Worth noting that H and M only had to pay for the renovations because they quit as working royals.  The costs had been paid for by the soverign grant, but when they left the UK they were asked to repay the funds since they would  no longer be living there or doing any royal work.  

All of the grace and favor lodgings are at the pleasure of the monarch, though it seems like Liz tried to protect Andrew by giving him a 99 year lease several years ago.

Personally, I’d rather see Andrew inhabit a federal Supermax.

But, I mostly share your views on Harry and Meghan.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

From what I read, Charles plans to cut Andrew's "annual grant" and he won't be able to pay for the upkeep of the Royal Lodge without it. So Charles offered him Frogmore Cottage, as that's cheaper to maintain.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So when Chris Rock isn't giving Will Smith a metaphorical slap in his new comedy special he also had time to lay into SMeghan Markle.

https://nypost.com/2023/03/05/chris-rock-brilliantly-rips-into-will-smith-and-meghan-markle/

"The comic nimbly eviscerated Prince Harry’s wife’s never-ending outrage over the British royals’ alleged racist tendencies.

“It’s the royal family!,” he said. “You didn’t Google these motherf—ers? What the f–k is she talking about ‘she didn’t know’?!” 

He went on: “That’s like marrying into the Budweiser family and going, ‘They drink a lot.’”

And as for allegations about a particular member of the royal family inquiring about what Markle’s first baby, Archie, would look like: “That’s not racist,” Rock insisted. “Because even black people wanna know how brown the baby is gonna be!” "

Link to comment
Share on other sites

^^^Chris Rock perfectly embodies his monikor of "Raw".

Honestly I'm back to not approving of any of these (royals) people. Theres a clear division, its just possible both sides have their priorties in disarray.

Amongst family an iota of trust or benefit of doubt or some measure of acceptance over differences is ideal, with these people its straight to the jugular and obsession with grievance.

Should we pity them or are they masterclass trolls enriching themselves with lucrative best seller books and speaking engagements, building out thier brand so to speak?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

So when Chris Rock isn't giving Will Smith a metaphorical slap in his new comedy special he also had time to lay into SMeghan Markle.

https://nypost.com/2023/03/05/chris-rock-brilliantly-rips-into-will-smith-and-meghan-markle/

"The comic nimbly eviscerated Prince Harry’s wife’s never-ending outrage over the British royals’ alleged racist tendencies.

“It’s the royal family!,” he said. “You didn’t Google these motherf—ers? What the f–k is she talking about ‘she didn’t know’?!” 

He went on: “That’s like marrying into the Budweiser family and going, ‘They drink a lot.’”

And as for allegations about a particular member of the royal family inquiring about what Markle’s first baby, Archie, would look like: “That’s not racist,” Rock insisted. “Because even black people wanna know how brown the baby is gonna be!” "

Didn’t he also justify his lack of reaction to Will Smith’s action with that you don’t fight in front of white people? Seems like he just needed a bit more time to come up with something witty. But hey, still under one year. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Fragile Bird said:

A story crossed my phone on Google saying Charles has, in fact, invited Harry and Meghan to the coronation.

I don't think it was ever realistic that Charles would not invite them, the real question is will they go or not.  I think they will go because it's possibly the last big royal event they will be participating in for some time.  My guess is they will go and do as they've previously done, leak to the media their displeasure at how they perceive their treatment by the media and the family is unfair.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...