Spare a Moment for H&M, Part 3

Mr. Chatywin et al.

52 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Regarding the various lawsuits Harry's involved in with the English tabloids, if it comes out that certain so-and-so's perjured themselves at the Levinson inquiry, yeah, they could be in serious trouble.

Can't they just tell the court they 'forgot' the truth like Meghan did?  Or is that only reserved for members of the royal family and politicians? 

I have to say, using the Royal titles is an insane PR blunder. Wtf were they thinking? It plays into every criticism that the royalists have of them. 

I really hope Morgan has a full on hissy fit meltdown during the court case, tears, snot running down his face the lot. 

1 hour ago, BigFatCoward said:

I have to say, using the Royal titles is an insane PR blunder. Wtf were they thinking? It plays into every criticism that the royalists have of them. 

I really hope Morgan has a full on hissy fit meltdown during the court case, tears, snot running down his face the lot. 

Only if you buy into the narrative that they're extorting the king and they hate the monarchy blah blah. Nothing they will ever do will satisfy those people. For example: see the conflicting avocado narratives or the one genius who compared Spare to Mien Kampf.

Yeah, Morgan can screw himself. His Levinson Inquiry testimony was truly disgusting. Not to mention some of his other behaviors. If he wasn't a journo he'd probably have half a dozen restraining orders against him.  

ETA: on a different note, anyone notice that the baptism was only reported after the fact? Yeah, they knew Tyler Perry visited them because he was spotted at the airport and seen driving to their place. But like, none of the English tabloids scooped this or even had any awareness it was happening. Isn't it amazing what they don't know now that they have no access? 

Edited by Deadlines? What Deadlines?

28 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

Everything they do is one insane PR blunder after another, just see how far their popularity drops after they release a new piece of pity propaganda. 

They are genuinely terrible at reading the room, which isn’t surprising when their entire focus is on themselves and their own grievances. 

Im sure in their heads they literally cannot comprehend the hypocrisy of leaving the royal family but keeping all the titles associated with it. ‘But they are mine???’ Im sure is their response. There are zero principals at play with these two other than their own self promotion.

Edited by Heartofice

7 hours ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

They left the royal family? That's news.

Where ya been?  I guess technically you can never leave your family and technically all Harry has done is slam his family and everyone who works for them for the last 3 years and all of the protocols around how the institution works, but has never officially renounced his place in this terrible institution that damaged him and his wife.  One might be forgiven for thinking that when he fled England for the 'safety of his family' that he might formally renounce all those things that caused such pain.  

9 hours ago, Heartofice said:

That’s effectively what they have done yes. 

That would be a "no" then. 

2 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

Where ya been?  I guess technically you can never leave your family and technically all Harry has done is slam his family and everyone who works for them for the last 3 years and all of the protocols around how the institution works, but has never officially renounced his place in this terrible institution that damaged him and his wife.  One might be forgiven for thinking that when he fled England for the 'safety of his family' that he might formally renounce all those things that caused such pain.  

You trivialize "the safety of his family". Fine.

I'll tell you this: I was around when Lady Di passed away. I remember, going by the tabloids, public opinion of her wasn't great after she divorced Charles. After she died, I remember the immense, maybe overblown, outpouring of grief. I also remember the backlash against the royal family and elements of the UK tabloid press. There were even a few republican-minded Brits who speculated the whole affair could bring down the monarchy. I think they were only half joking. 

All the years of insane "reporting" by the English tabloids; all the distortions; the gaslighting; suppose that inspires some Meghan-hating royalist to take a run at that family. Suppose, god forbid, something happens to one of those kids.

In an era when the commonwealth is looking shaky and republican sentiment in the UK is ticking up; the Royal Family, the protocols, the tradition, all this bullshit that these people claim to care about? It's over. Done. The whole fucking show comes to an end, and right quick.

Of course, they'll still blame Meghan for it. 

21 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

I'll tell you this: I was around when Lady Di passed away. I remember, going by the tabloids, public opinion of her wasn't great after she divorced Charles. After she died, I remember the immense, maybe overblown, outpouring of grief. I also remember the backlash against the royal family and elements of the UK tabloid press. There were even a few republican-minded Brits who speculated the whole affair could bring down the monarchy. I think they were only half joking. 

All the years of insane "reporting" by the English tabloids; all the distortions; the gaslighting; suppose that inspires some Meghan-hating royalist to take a run at that family. Suppose, god forbid, something happens to one of those kids.

In an era when the commonwealth is looking shaky and republican sentiment in the UK is ticking up; the Royal Family, the protocols, the tradition, all this bullshit that these people claim to care about? It's over. Done. The whole fucking show comes to an end, and right quick.

The idea that Harry and Meghan are safer in gun crazy America with private security rather than living inside the Windsor security bubble and all that entails seems wrong.  Almost as if 'safety' had nothing to do with why they left. 

Meg and Harry have been deeply destructive for the monarchy, making it doubly ironic how much they love being titled aristocrats.  

Edited by Cas Stark

26 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Meh, I think you massively underestimate the damage Meghan and Harry have done to their own reputation with their own actions. All you need to do is watch the Oprah interview, the documentaries or anything they have said and done. That’s more than enough fuel to build up a poor opinion of them.

13 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

The idea that Harry and Meghan are safer in gun crazy America with private security rather than living inside the Windsor security bubble and all that entails seems wrong.  Almost as if 'safety' had nothing to do with why they left. 

Meg and Harry have been deeply destructive for the monarchy, making it doubly ironic how much they love being titled aristocrats.  

Yup. I'm sure those are the kind of rationalizations the commentariat already has primed and ready for such an eventuality. "C'mon. how much did they care about safety, really?" I can already hear the words coming out of Piers Morgan's idiotic face. Never mind that literally everything you just described was not even close to their first choice.  

For the anti-monarchists and critics of the British media, the reaction will be a be a thing of beauty. 

11 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Yup. I'm sure those are the kind of rationalizations the commentariat already has primed and ready for such an eventuality. "C'mon. how much did they care about safety, really?" I can already hear the words coming to of Piers Morgan's idiotic face. Never mind that literally everything you just described was not even close to their first choice.  

For the anti-monarchists and critics of the British media, the reaction will be a be a thing of beauty. 

It's objective truth that the UK is safer than the US, so I'm not sure how that is a rationalization.  I'm not sure what you mean by 'not even close to their first choice'.  I never expected them to end up anywhere other than CA .  If you think that they were really ever going to end up in Africa or New Zealand, I've got a bridge to sell you. 

11 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

It's objective truth that the UK is safer than the US, so I'm not sure how that is a rationalization.  I'm not sure what you mean by 'not even close to their first choice'.  I never expected them to end up anywhere other than CA .  If you think that they were really ever going to end up in Africa or New Zealand, I've got a bridge to sell you. 

You know what I find interesting? When it comes to Prince Andrew; about whom there are credible allegations of participation in the sexual exploitation of a minor, who herself was the victim of an alleged conspiracy involving sex slavery and human trafficking; call him a, "pedophile" and there are (multiple) calls for restraint and precision in the language we use.

When it comes to the Sussexes, every distortion, every exaggeration, every bloody tedious non-sequitur gets embraced, enthusiastically.

Only an observation, not a judgment.

Do I really need to bring up that average crime rates in the United States (a big ass country) are irrelevant because 99.9% of the United States is a place where these two don't live?** That crime rates in Santa Barbara county are significantly lower than London, England? Or that the concerns this family have for their physical safety and well being, while not being any more or less legitimate, are different from those of the general public? Really?

And it doesn't matter how plausible you think Africa, Canada, or NZ were for relocation destinations. Their first choice, one of the choices on offer (only to be withdrawn) was half-in-half-out, in one of those places.

** I live in a similarly big ass country, There are two smallish cities, one where I was born and one about 70km from my current location. These places regularly trade the top spot for, "most violent city in this big ass country". Do I have a death wish? Do I cower in fear? Fuck no. Because I don't fucking live there. 

46 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Do I really need to bring up that average crime rates in the United States (a big ass country) are irrelevant because 99.9% of the United States is a place where these two don't live?** That crime rates in Santa Barbara county are significantly lower than London, England? Or that the concerns this family have for their physical safety and well being, while not being any more or less legitimate, are different from those of the general public? Really?

But is it safer than the parts of London where they lived? Other than noncing, there isn't a lot of crime at Buck Palace I would imagine. 

24 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

But is it safer than the parts of London where they lived? Other than noncing, there isn't a lot of crime at Buck Palace I would imagine. 

If you ignore the rampant buggery and child sacrifices, yeah it's practically crime free. After all, what happens in Buckingham Palace stays in Buckingham palace.  

But it's irrelevant. They're out. They left England. They had to go somewhere and it seems they didn't have many options. 

1 hour ago, BigFatCoward said:

Plenty of backstabbing at Buck Palace, apparently. 

Montecito is probably safer from the paparazzi and the vultures of the British press, though.