Spare a Moment for H&M, Part 3

Mr. Chatywin et al.

2 hours ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

Hmm you know if Megan had been the one to make the public statement Morgen would have attacked her directly.

The Guardian article should have read, “…says Harry in court”.

if Harry et al can support that accusation, that’s big trouble for guys like Piers and Rupert, as it means they perjured themselves in front of Levinson. 

• 2 weeks later...

Um, why the fuck get involved in a 'car chase?' Presumably this was to avoid having their pictures taken? Whoop-eee-fucking-do-da.

Just drive normally and safely. FFS.

ETA: Their driver should be arrested.

Edited by Spockydog

5 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

What for?

Endangering other road users and pedestrians. Or is that allowed when you're a entitled posho trying not to have your photo taken? 

Presumably their driver has no special dispensation that allows him to drive so recklessly. Therefore, arrest the twat. He could have killed someone. And for what? 

Edited by Spockydog

35 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Sounds like Harry and Meghan nearly caught Diana's fate. 

Just what it's supposed to sound like, and what a fortunate 'coincidence' that Harry and Meg are involved in a 'near catastrophic car chase' just as his security lawsuit comes up.  A two hour car chase in downtown Manhattan and no one was arrested?  Let me go out on a limb here and say this is a massive exaggeration of whatever happened.

What’s all this bullshit? From what I’ve heard, people on motorcycles with no license plates or plates that were covered up chased them through the streets of New York. It wasn’t their driver who drove on the sidewalks dodging pedestrians, it was the paparazzi on the bikes. 

And this is the fault of Harry and Meghan?  I’m sure pictures were taken when they left the house or restaurant or wherever they had been, do you actually honestly think they have to display themselves to the paparazzi, what, just in case the paparazzi are going to chase them?

Or are you guys claiming H&M hired the chasers because of the court case?

21 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

Presumably their driver has no special dispensation that allows him to drive so recklessly.

Obviously we only have their side of it and they might be lying, but are you really saying they just announced that it was their driver who was doing the reckless driving. Coz, like... they didn't. 

To be clear. All I'm saying is you don't get to risk the lives of others just because you don't want your picture taken.

And if anyone can confirm that their driver observed the speed limit and wasn't driving down tight city streets at 60 - 70 mph I will shut up.

Edited by Spockydog

4 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

What’s all this bullshit? From what I’ve heard, people on motorcycles with no license plates or plates that were covered up chased them through the streets of New York. It wasn’t their driver who drove on the sidewalks dodging pedestrians, it was the paparazzi on the bikes. 

And this is the fault of Harry and Meghan?  I’m sure pictures were taken when they left the house or restaurant or wherever they had been, do you actually honestly think they have to display themselves to the paparazzi, what, just in case the paparazzi are going to chase them?

Or are you guys claiming H&M hired the chasers because of the court case?

“This relentless pursuit, lasting over two hours, resulted in multiple near collisions involving other drivers on the road, pedestrians and two NYPD officers,” the spokesperson said in a statement.

They added that the “near catastrophic car chase” came “at the hands of a ring of highly aggressive paparazzi.”

I'm supposed to believe a 'ring' of paps almost ran over two NYPD officers and no one was arrested?  

It also seemes a little on the crazy side, after leaving a charity event where they were photographed repeatedly, they felt the need to engage in a 2 hour car chase to avoid some more photos?  

2 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

To be clear. All I'm saying is you don't get to risk the lives of others just because you don't want your picture taken.

And if anyone can confirm that their driver observed the speed limit and wasn't driving down tight city streets at 60 - 70 mph I will shut up.

At the moment literally all you have to go off is their own report that pappers were driving on the sidewalk, blocking them off, and taking photos while driving. No-one has said anything about breaking the speed limit. 

4 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

It also seemes a little on the crazy side, after leaving a charity event where they were photographed repeatedly, they felt the need to engage in a 2 hour car chase to avoid some more photos?  

They didn't want to be snapped at the place where they were staying (which was a friend's home). That's a reasonable expectation of privacy.

34 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Just what it's supposed to sound like, and what a fortunate 'coincidence' that Harry and Meg are involved in a 'near catastrophic car chase' just as his security lawsuit comes up.  A two hour car chase in downtown Manhattan and no one was arrested?  Let me go out on a limb here and say this is a massive exaggeration of whatever happened.

It doesn't sound made up. And every paparazzi can go fuck themselves. What a scummy way to make a living and worse that the public wants the photos they take. Imagine being the person chased around by them.

They were going from the Ziegfield Ballroom on W. 54th to the Carlyle Hotel on E. 76th. They left in a cab. That's all I know for certain.

Other than I heard about it from cops looking for the chasers last night.  They showed up right in front of where we were sitting in front of our local with friends.  the cops didn't act like they usually do in various situations down here, so the owner asked them what was going on, as a couple of very burley cop fellows took up burley, threatening stances in front of his restaurant, while other walks and drove slowly through the blocks right around, peering a scooters and so on.

However, the copper choppers weren't called out for this one.  

And this morning it was reported in the NYT, but only a developing story.  If they were chased on those motor bike things, and they were in a cab, it would be scary to be surrounded by, as the cab couldn't maneuver as the bikes -- which are ridden sp aggressively, nearly killing people all the time, on sidewalks and so on. Speaking from experience.

1 minute ago, Tywin et al. said:

It doesn't sound made up. And every paparazzi can go fuck themselves. What a scummy way to make a living and worse that the public wants the photos they take. Imagine being the person chased around by them.

Harry and Meghan actively court publicity.  This is the trade off when you are a public figure who puts yourself out there and who uses the media for your own ends. And, I'm sorry a TWO HOUR PLUS 'car chase' in Manhattan?  It doesn't sound remotely realistic to me, which is why I suggested not that nothing happened but that they have wildly exaggerated whatever it was that happened.  

3 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Harry and Meghan actively court publicity.  This is the trade off when you are a public figure who puts yourself out there and who uses the media for your own ends. And, I'm sorry a TWO HOUR PLUS 'car chase' in Manhattan?  It doesn't sound remotely realistic to me, which is why I suggested not that nothing happened but that they have wildly exaggerated whatever it was that happened.  

It never should be. You put yourself out there on Insta or at the Met Gala. You should not be chased around by creepy fuckers while you're driving somewhere privately.

Like do you not get how Bruce Willis' family is horrified that people try to take pictures of him when he now rarely is in public?

Edited by Tywin et al.

Hardly called courting publicity is it to be the recipient of an award, and the first time out in public in ages in order to receive an award.

It's weird though, because paps in NYC don't behave like this so I'm presuming they are UK employees of the shite rags or wanting to sell to the shite rags.

There have been many hours long chases in NYC though by cops going after types such as those who have driven deliberately into diners at restaurant sheds and on the restaurant sidewalks, outdoor markets, and so on.

Edited by Zorral

3 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

It never should be. You put yourself out there on Insta or at the Met Gala. You should not be chased around by creepy fuckers while you're driving somewhere privately.

Like do you not get how Bruce Willis' family is horrified that people try to take pictures of him when he now rarely is in public?

If it happened that way, that is.  It seems very strange, I mean they were photographed copiously at the event.  For what reason would any paps feel the need to chase them, let alone  for more than two hours, to get more photos of them looking exactly the same as when they were photographed at the award,  in the car or going back to their hotel?  Think.

13 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

No-one has said anything about breaking the speed limit.

Right. So it was about as high stakes as that chase in Boba Fett. 

And they took a cab. Righto. So not as concerned for his family's security as he would have everyone believe. 

And can I just say that I am generally well disposed to H&M. But what the fuck are they doing, getting into a cab in NYC? 

2 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

If it happened that way, that is.  It seems very strange, I mean they were photographed copiously at the event.  For what reason would any paps feel the need to chase them, let alone  for more than two hours, to get more photos of them looking exactly the same as when they were photographed at the award,  in the car or going back to their hotel?  Think.

When you attend a public event, the understanding is you will get photographed. When you leave, there needs to be an understanding that you're now being private. But these people chase you around all the time if you're famous and think they can make a buck off of you. And yes there are many who would creep on you for that long. Are you that unfamiliar with the culture? These bastards will take pictures of your kids leaving school if they think they can sell it.