Something fun where no one goes insane

kissdbyfire

So, two lists: 5 predictions for TWoW & 5 things you want to happen but know it’s wishful thinking for TWoW. Go!

Predictions:

1. Jon doesn’t die and is resurrected; he’s just wounded and out of commission for a while.

2. We’ll get confirmation that Ramsay wrote the Pink Letter.

3. Jaime will lead the BwB.

4. Bran will help Stannis.

5. Arya will go back to Westeros, and end up in the North eventually. 

Extremely unlikely wishful thinking (I know it’s not gonna happen)

1. Rhaegal eats Tyrion.

2. Shireen doesn’t burn.

3. Jorah bites the dust.

4. Tommen gets to the end of the book unscathed.

5. Bower Marsh survives and sees the errors of his ways. - nah, only joking, he’ll be torn apart limb by limb and I can’t wait, just ran out of ideas. :lol:

Predictions:

1. Stannis wins the Battle of Ice but it's a pyrrhic victory. He takes Winterfell but ends up starving due to lack of food.

2. Red Wedding 2.0 happens but innocents are caught in the crossfire.

3. Euron loses the Battle for Oldtown but before he dies he blows a strange horn. He dies looking like a loon but unbeknownst to the observers, that horn was the Horn of Winter.

4. The Wall falls down/its magic is nullified, allowing the Others to cross.

5. Daenerys lands in Westeros (I think if there is any chance of the series ending in two books she has to be in Westeros by the end of Winds at the latest).

Hopes:

1. Areo Hotah is killed by Balon Swann, but not before he can kill Darkstar.

2. Cersei's plan with 'Robert Strong' backfires when he is unmasked by Lancel at her trial.

3. Bowen Marsh is dealt with by Ghost.

4. F/Aegon dies suddenly and unexpectedly, throwing Varys/Illyrio's plan into complete chaos.

5. Victarion rides a dragon.

Wishful Thinking:

1. Tommen, Ser Pounce, Boots and Lady Whiskers will be alive and well and somewhere safe to wait until the threats are dealt with.

2. Daenerys decides to stay and help Slaver's Bay and co. rather than go back to Westeros.

3. The Sand Snakes bar Sarella fail in their dumb plots and die.

4. The Golden Company gets absolutely destroyed in battle, so much for them being the best.

5. All my favourite characters are resurrected/never died in the first place.

Edited by Craving Peaches

@Craving Peaches, I really like some of your picks. Especially ‘hopes’ 1, 2 & 4 (but 3 :eek: ) and all the wishful thinking ones. And couldn’t agree more re prediction 5 and will add prediction 3 to the ‘hopes’ list I didn’t make! :D

46 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

So, two lists: 5 predictions for TWoW & 5 things you want to happen but know it’s wishful thinking for TWoW. Go!

Predictions:

1. Jon doesn’t die and is resurrected; he’s just wounded and out of commission for a while.

2. We’ll get confirmation that Ramsay wrote the Pink Letter.

3. Jaime will lead the BwB.

4. Bran will help Stannis.

5. Arya will go back to Westeros, and end up in the North eventually. 

Extremely unlikely wishful thinking (I know it’s not gonna happen)

1. Rhaegal eats Tyrion.

2. Shireen doesn’t burn.

3. Jorah bites the dust.

4. Tommen gets to the end of the book unscathed.

5. Bower Marsh survives and sees the errors of his ways. - nah, only joking, he’ll be torn apart limb by limb and I can’t wait, just ran out of ideas. :lol:

I want his head to be bashed into a wall to make sure if he really is a pomegranate. You know, like you would kill Tywin in the privy to see if he does indeed shit gold.

this is refreshing! 

predictions:

1. Daenerys will go to Westeros in the last chapter

2. Barristan Selmy betrays his queen !

3. Sansa will take down little finger by the end of the book

4. Aegon takes kingslanding  and Cersei flees

5. Jon is not dead . he'll be warging Ghost and will be guided by Bran until he wakes up halfway through the book and in a very Night's King manner realizes that in order to keep the watch in order and save everyone, he has to be some sort of tyrant commander!

hopes:

1. we'll find out what is up with crypts

2.Starks take Winterfell

3.Ramsay and Roose die

4. SH and Arya meet up

5.Victarion dies

wishfull thinking

1. we'll get to see what is up with Varys 

2. Jon Con won't go mad and survives the book 

3. Aegon DOES NOT kill Tommen, instead, he names him lord of Stormsend to make Tyrells happy and keeps him as his hostage.

4. Cersei won't survive the book

5. Gregor dies .

Predictions

1. Dany finally gets to Westeros near the end of the book.

2. The Ironborn win the Battle of Oldtown at great cost, Euron was in cahoots with the Hightowers the whole time, and they are his servants. 
3. Euron uses the massive amount of lives lost to power his magic, he blows Joramun’s horn and shatters the Wall, or the magic in the wall.

4. Victarion dies blowing the dragonborn that was already bound to Euron, and binds one of Dany’s dragons to Euron.

5. Jon is resurrected by the Others to be the NK, but his Targ blood eventually releases him from their control, and his mind returns to his body from Ghost.

8 minutes ago, Craving Peaches said:

Ooh, that's an interesting prediction. Is there anything in particular that makes you think that?

The rumors that Leyton and his daughter Malory haven’t left the Hightower in a decade, and they’ve been supposedly practicing magic and reading from magic tomes.

Victarion isn't killed during the battle of fire. Dany wins him over to her side and he becomes her lord admiral.

Mace Tyrell gives the bodies of Tommen and Myrcella, to Faegon, as a peace offering.

Cersei uses Robert Strong, for her trial by combat, but somewhere in the battle, it's revealed who/what he is to the public. The High Sparrow, uses this to lead a revolt to over throw the Lannisters from Kings Landing. He sits the Iron Throne, until peacefully handing it over o Faegon.

Stannis wins the battle of winter and doesn't devolve into a cartoon villain, who burns his own daughter. I have no idea why so many members of the fandom, seems to want this to happen.

The Others do something. I'm not even kidding on this front. GRRM seems to be ignoring The Others from the story and it's really becoming annoying. He did next to nothing with them, in the last two books.

4 minutes ago, sifth said:

The Others do something. I'm not even kidding on this front. GRRM seems to be ignoring The Others from the story and it's really becoming annoying. He did next to nothing with them, in the last two books.

I agree. They need to do something in TWOW. Something that makes them real to the story and not just a threat that’s been coming for 30 years. I think the Wall will fall at the end of TWOW and the NW will be destroyed save for Jon and a few of his loyal comrades. I think once they cross the threshold all the dead from the War of Five Kings and fAegon’s war will rise and all of Westeros will be disarray 

Predictions:

• Sweet Robin lives because Littlefinger does not
  • The Gravedigger keeps on digging graves
  • Gilly is pregnant by Sam
  • Sam discovers that cutting open and looking into cadavers is actually pretty cool
  • Jon does not die and neither does Ghost

Hopes:

• Mormont's raven finds some corn
  • Bran kisses Meera
  • Jojen lives!
  • Arya gets new boots
  • Val ~n~ Jon foreveh!

edt: not trying for snark, just don't make good predictions    :dunno:

Edited by LongRider

Predictions

1. Stannis wins the Battle of Ice and takes Winterfell with Bran's help

2. Wights from the lichyard attack people in CB the night that Jon's stabbed, proving Jon was right and the mutineers will have no following.

3. BWB and LS enter the wedding party at RR and massacre Freys and Lannisters there. Jaime is there as witness and LS intends to execute him in the godswood before the slender weirwood, when Bran intervenes and saves Jaime.

4. Damphair and the other priests and warlocks somehow survive the "drowning" by Euron, because Shade-of-the-evening turns them into Undying Ones.

5. Littlefinger's tourney is interrupted prematurely because of an avalanche coming down from the Giant's Lance and the mountain clans attack the damaged natural defences towards the snowed in castle at the bottom of the valley.

Hopes

1. Cersei and Tommen flee King's Landing for Craster's Rock and Aegon VI takes the throne (for the time being)

2. Jon is only wounded and survives inside Ghost for a while

3. Gendry and LS meet a returned Arya

4. Edmure Tully and Roslyn survive any rescue attempt or hostage situation

5. Mance and 4 of the surviving washerwomen escaped WF

Wishful Thinking

1. Shyreen doesn't burn

2. The baby at CB doesn't end up as food for the corpse queen/others

3. Davos and Rickon won't be betrayed by NW brothers at Eastwatch

4. Selmy survives the disease ridden Meereen

5. Ramsay's already dead